ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots

Go down 
+31
Gunner Munro
gibri
Glidah Drivah
ActionYankee
Professor Gangrene Fan
Jet-
Dreadnought
Beatlefan
BAMComix
Reddragon
thierry
Teckno Viking
BrandontheFigureFreak
TheOneManKid
Sparkys6887
clivvers
Wolf_Soldier64
ak615
inntruderr61
Rossini
Hawkeye
ghost recon
Captian action
blueboxier
TALLY HO
Walter1965
Bond007ca
Sparklebudgie
action bob
Ddaydawson
SJ7
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Mountaineer
Rustygun

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 4:45 pm

Superb photo... ENOUGH SAID......

Green Beret
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 5:09 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 33528416638_eb7b27ecb2_cOn Patrol by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Wow great pic..what's the vehicle ? ..it looks huge cheers

Chris
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Very nice picture of Jake having a cat nap on the sofa.

Every Commander needs forty winks! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 6:41 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Inspiring pic! Inspires me to take a nap myself!

lol! lol! lol!

I felt the same when I took the photo Laughing
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 6:42 pm

Rustygun wrote:
Superb photo...     ENOUGH SAID......

Many thanks Dean! means a lot mate cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 6:43 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 33528416638_eb7b27ecb2_cOn Patrol by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Wow great pic..what's the vehicle ? ..it looks huge cheers

Cheers Chris, that is my wrangler jeep.

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 44836562555_5b9db35358_cRubucon Jeep by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 7:41 pm

What makes the Jeep shot work for me, in addition to the realistic poses of the two figures, is the glimpse of the chainlink fence and gate through the bushes in the background, as though they were just driving past. The little background details can really make or break a scene, and in this case they make the scene.

Now that I'm awake again, back to the nap-on-the-sofa photo: did you make the sofa yourself?

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 8:40 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
What makes the Jeep shot work for me, in addition to the realistic poses of the two figures, is the glimpse of the chainlink fence and gate through the bushes in the background, as though they were just driving past. The little background details can really make or break a scene, and in this case they make the scene.

Now that I'm awake again, back to the nap-on-the-sofa photo: did you make the sofa yourself?

Interesting, Dave, good points and I completely agree. Also interesting because i thought you were going to point out
what I noticed in the background, Jenna waiting patiently in the passenger seat. Smile

Waitaminute, that is the passenger seat(?)...must be an import... Laughing

Great randoms, Dal!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 10:02 pm

Wow! Those are great photos! cheers cheers cheers
Well done! Very Happy

Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 12:45 am

gibri wrote:
Also interesting because i thought you were going to point out
what I noticed in the background, Jenna waiting patiently in the passenger seat.

Another example of the excellent attention to background detail in these photos. Razz

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 4:16 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
gibri wrote:
Also interesting because i thought you were going to point out
what I noticed in the background, Jenna waiting patiently in the passenger seat.

Another example of the excellent attention to background detail in these photos. Razz

Thanks again guys! Jake's jeep is indeed an import Bri, the U.S version. Yes Dave I did make the sofa, just some bits of wood cut to size, screwed together and covered in material Very Happy . I used to spend a lot of time talking to MiskatonicNick about figure photography and he was always so helpful and friendly. I learned a lot from Nick.
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 1:09 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
... just some bits of wood cut to size, screwed together and covered in material.

Just some bits of wood screwed together, he sez! I've been attempting to craft some furniture in 1:6 and other scales, and it's not easy; or at least, it's not easy to end up with something that looks halfway decent!
Razz

That "and covered in material" part gets tricky real fast!  pale

Thanks for the info!

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 1:16 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
... just some bits of wood cut to size, screwed together and covered in material.

Just some bits of wood screwed together, he sez! I've been attempting to craft some furniture in 1:6 and other scales, and it's not easy; or at least, it's not easy to end up with something that looks halfway decent!
Razz

That "and covered in material" part gets tricky real fast!  pale

Thanks for the info!

I found that wooden tea/cup coasters (the square ones) make very good 1/6 scale sofa sides, also 2"x1" wooden posts, cut to length size are the ideal height for a vam/joe or female to sit on when stood on the 2" side, or alternatively, using the 1" side, then cutting some wood to make cushion type squares will give you the ideal shape. I used bubble wrap pulled over the wooden frame to dive depth, but that is optional, then I used a staple gun (hand held) to strensh the material across the wood and staple from underneath. I hope that helps David?
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 3:50 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
... I used bubble wrap pulled over the wooden frame to dive depth, but that is optional, then I used a staple gun (hand held) to stretch the material across the wood and staple from underneath. I hope that helps David?

Thanks for the peek into your techniques! Yes, I have used bubble wrap for cushions. I also fashion cushions out of styrofoam. Crafting the frames out of wood is a good idea because then you can use a staple gun. I have mostly been using cardboard or foamcore board and hot-melt glue. It is difficult to stretch fabric into position and hold it in place when using the hot glue.

I apologize for derailing the photo topic. Perhaps I shall start a "making furniture" topic, or I will search to see if there is one already.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 3:53 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
... I used bubble wrap pulled over the wooden frame to dive depth, but that is optional, then I used a staple gun (hand held) to stretch the material across the wood and staple from underneath. I hope that helps David?

Thanks for the peek into your techniques! Yes, I have used bubble wrap for cushions. I also fashion cushions out of styrofoam. Crafting the frames out of wood is a good idea because then you can use a staple gun. I have mostly been using cardboard or foamcore board and hot-melt glue. It is difficult to stretch fabric into position and hold it in place when using the hot glue.

I apologize for derailing the photo topic. Perhaps I shall start a "making furniture" topic, or I will search to see if there is one already.

No worries david, happy to help if I can. You shou check out Peterogers posts, he made an awesome sofa using just cardboard cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 5:22 am

A few Random shots of Teegan and Chas.

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 48431868932_5c9bf9d158_cTeegan Wilberforce is back..., by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 48439869682_c7efc100bb_cIt's this way! by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 48439893577_d30344405c_cHmmmm..., by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 48439783121_884044a83f_cInto the Light by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 48439822551_062e63d19f_cA way Home. by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 5:49 am

I’m really loving the new random shots of Teegan and Chas Dal. Very well put together and photographed may I add.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 6:36 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
I’m really loving the new random shots of Teegan and Chas Dal. Very well put together and photographed may I add.

Thanks Alex! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 12:59 pm

More excellent pics from this photo-shoot! The ruins they are exploring come across as very moody and ominous.

And again, I love the sort of "1970s version of Victorian" vibe I get from their outfits and equipment.

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 1:16 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
More excellent pics from this photo-shoot! The ruins they are exploring come across as very moody and ominous.

And again, I love the sort of "1970s version of Victorian" vibe I get from their outfits and equipment.

Thanks Dave, Dinosaur Valley is deep underground, so far in fact it has its own sort of atmosphere, creating the perfect environment for the Dinosaurs to survive, The temples I guess are some sort f long deceased tribes that maybe found the deep caverns many thousands of years ago and tried to co-inhabit, which I am sure didn't work out well!
I tried really hard to work the steampunk angle, but I am afraid the true master, reddog1 is off diving somewhere so he wasn't around for advice Sad , so I thought well, being time travelers, their fashions o doubt would have changed on their travels? I am pleased you like them, as I tink they came out really well bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
... I tried really hard to work the steampunk angle....

You pulled off "steampunk" very nicely! I only caught part of your steampunk discussion on the live chat a few days back. Wish I'd had time to stick around for more.

Steampunk, being a fantasy genre, is not necessarily "period authentic." I usually visualize "steampunk" as being that Doug McClure movie version of Victorian, or in other words, exactly what you've created here: Victorian-esque, with some anachronistic touches from other eras.

We need a "Working the Steampunk Angle" topic for suggestions, examples, tricks, tips, hints, and general blathering here on the forum. I would like to gradually... no, that's not true, I don't have the patience for "gradual"... immediately transform my entire Joe world into a steampunk mise-en-scène. At the moment, Bob Hope has a pith helmet, and that's about as far as it goes.

I poked around online trying to find that Dragons in Dreams pointy-lapel leather jacket, with no luck. I take it that DID is... or was... an ultra-high end figure company. I can't find an actual web site for them, just various item listings here and there. Are they still around?

I like that you are gradually creating a backstory for your subterranean world.

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:14 am

Wow superb photos Dal! Well done! cheers

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:18 am

My take on Steampunk is "futuristic" devices as they might have been in the Victorian/Steam era. Lots of wires and metal tubing, but mostly using pith helmets and goggles. But I defer to much more knowledgeable modelers here.

DiD is very much still around. They are my favorite 1/6th mfg for the last couple years. I'm a sucker for high quality, detail accuracy, real wood and metal weapons and better still, real leather boots, belts and holsters. Plus they still do WWII. They often make historical inaccuracies and that bothers some guys, but I just try to work around it because the quality is so good. Don't confuse them with Dragon Models (DML) who were once the preeminent 1/6th Mfg, but haven't made a 1/6th figure for a few years. They are still big in model kits.

https://www.did.co/

Fantastic shots Dal!!! I can't say why, but I get a Steampunk vibe from that bowler...

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
FIELD STATION 42
Admin
FIELD STATION 42

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 12:37 am

Thank you for providing the DID link, GB!

Having the link allowed me to better refine my eBay search, and I have been able to identify, and find, Teegan's jacket.

Still debating on whether I want to purchase said jacket. Not too terribly pricey... but then again, thirty bucks (USD) for a tiny little bit of faux leather....

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2019 4:04 am

Thanks guys for all the amazing comments Very Happy . The steampunk topic wouldn't be a bad idea, it os a fun topic to try. Cheers also Bri for sorting Dave with the DID info, great team work! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BAMComix: Totally Random Shots   BAMComix: Totally Random Shots - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BAMComix: Totally Random Shots
Page 25 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next