Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Totally Random shots

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25
AuthorMessage
Rustygun
Sabotage
Rustygun

My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 8:45 pm

Superb photo... ENOUGH SAID......

My Totally Random shots - Page 25 IMG_4726
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rogue-Trooper
NAVY FROGMAN
Rogue-Trooper

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 9:09 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
My Totally Random shots - Page 25 33528416638_eb7b27ecb2_cOn Patrol by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Wow great pic..what's the vehicle ? ..it looks huge cheers

THEY BOUGHT ME A BOX OF TIN SOLDIERS
I THREW ALL THE GENERALS AWAY
I SMASHED UP THE SERGEANTS AND MAJORS
NOW I PLAY WITH MY PRIVATES ALL DAY.

Chris
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 10:41 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
Very nice picture of Jake having a cat nap on the sofa.

Every Commander needs forty winks! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 10:41 pm

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
SCU_HQ wrote:
Inspiring pic! Inspires me to take a nap myself!

lol! lol! lol!

I felt the same when I took the photo Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 10:42 pm

Rustygun wrote:
Superb photo...     ENOUGH SAID......

Many thanks Dean! means a lot mate cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 10:43 pm

Rogue-Trooper wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
My Totally Random shots - Page 25 33528416638_eb7b27ecb2_cOn Patrol by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr

Wow great pic..what's the vehicle ? ..it looks huge cheers

Cheers Chris, that is my wrangler jeep.

My Totally Random shots - Page 25 44836562555_5b9db35358_cRubucon Jeep by Blonde Actionman, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SCU_HQ
Action Sailor
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2019 11:41 pm

What makes the Jeep shot work for me, in addition to the realistic poses of the two figures, is the glimpse of the chainlink fence and gate through the bushes in the background, as though they were just driving past. The little background details can really make or break a scene, and in this case they make the scene.

Now that I'm awake again, back to the nap-on-the-sofa photo: did you make the sofa yourself?

gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 12:40 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
What makes the Jeep shot work for me, in addition to the realistic poses of the two figures, is the glimpse of the chainlink fence and gate through the bushes in the background, as though they were just driving past. The little background details can really make or break a scene, and in this case they make the scene.

Now that I'm awake again, back to the nap-on-the-sofa photo: did you make the sofa yourself?

Interesting, Dave, good points and I completely agree. Also interesting because i thought you were going to point out
what I noticed in the background, Jenna waiting patiently in the passenger seat. Smile

Waitaminute, that is the passenger seat(?)...must be an import... Laughing

Great randoms, Dal!!!

cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 2:02 am

Wow! Those are great photos! cheers cheers cheers
Well done! Very Happy

SCU_HQ
Action Sailor
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 4:45 am

gibri wrote:
Also interesting because i thought you were going to point out
what I noticed in the background, Jenna waiting patiently in the passenger seat.

Another example of the excellent attention to background detail in these photos. Razz

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 8:16 am

SCU_HQ wrote:
gibri wrote:
Also interesting because i thought you were going to point out
what I noticed in the background, Jenna waiting patiently in the passenger seat.

Another example of the excellent attention to background detail in these photos. Razz

Thanks again guys! Jake's jeep is indeed an import Bri, the U.S version. Yes Dave I did make the sofa, just some bits of wood cut to size, screwed together and covered in material Very Happy . I used to spend a lot of time talking to MiskatonicNick about figure photography and he was always so helpful and friendly. I learned a lot from Nick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SCU_HQ
Action Sailor
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 5:09 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
... just some bits of wood cut to size, screwed together and covered in material.

Just some bits of wood screwed together, he sez! I've been attempting to craft some furniture in 1:6 and other scales, and it's not easy; or at least, it's not easy to end up with something that looks halfway decent!
Razz

That "and covered in material" part gets tricky real fast!  pale

Thanks for the info!

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 5:16 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
... just some bits of wood cut to size, screwed together and covered in material.

Just some bits of wood screwed together, he sez! I've been attempting to craft some furniture in 1:6 and other scales, and it's not easy; or at least, it's not easy to end up with something that looks halfway decent!
Razz

That "and covered in material" part gets tricky real fast!  pale

Thanks for the info!

I found that wooden tea/cup coasters (the square ones) make very good 1/6 scale sofa sides, also 2"x1" wooden posts, cut to length size are the ideal height for a vam/joe or female to sit on when stood on the 2" side, or alternatively, using the 1" side, then cutting some wood to make cushion type squares will give you the ideal shape. I used bubble wrap pulled over the wooden frame to dive depth, but that is optional, then I used a staple gun (hand held) to strensh the material across the wood and staple from underneath. I hope that helps David?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SCU_HQ
Action Sailor
SCU_HQ

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 7:50 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
... I used bubble wrap pulled over the wooden frame to dive depth, but that is optional, then I used a staple gun (hand held) to stretch the material across the wood and staple from underneath. I hope that helps David?

Thanks for the peek into your techniques! Yes, I have used bubble wrap for cushions. I also fashion cushions out of styrofoam. Crafting the frames out of wood is a good idea because then you can use a staple gun. I have mostly been using cardboard or foamcore board and hot-melt glue. It is difficult to stretch fabric into position and hold it in place when using the hot glue.

I apologize for derailing the photo topic. Perhaps I shall start a "making furniture" topic, or I will search to see if there is one already.

Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2019 7:53 pm

SCU_HQ wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:
... I used bubble wrap pulled over the wooden frame to dive depth, but that is optional, then I used a staple gun (hand held) to stretch the material across the wood and staple from underneath. I hope that helps David?

Thanks for the peek into your techniques! Yes, I have used bubble wrap for cushions. I also fashion cushions out of styrofoam. Crafting the frames out of wood is a good idea because then you can use a staple gun. I have mostly been using cardboard or foamcore board and hot-melt glue. It is difficult to stretch fabric into position and hold it in place when using the hot glue.

I apologize for derailing the photo topic. Perhaps I shall start a "making furniture" topic, or I will search to see if there is one already.

No worries david, happy to help if I can. You shou check out Peterogers posts, he made an awesome sofa using just cardboard cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Totally Random shots   My Totally Random shots - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Totally Random shots
Page 25 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25