ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!

Go down 
+4
peterodgers
Captian action
BAMComix
BrandontheFigureFreak
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Empty
PostSubject: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Back in 2005, Lanard released a very unique 1:6 series called the K9 Corps! Large figures that most shared parts but were original and quite decent sculpts. The purpose was to have a totally different concept and to get youngsters into 1:6 collecting, whether that happen is not known but fans and collectors alike such as I will remember the fun time collecting these anthropomorphic canines! I got the two deluxe figures Taurus and Davis @ K-Mart locally and the rest @ K-B Toys.com (when they were still around, I remember that box they came in, it was huge!) and I got the bonus Lanard guy @ My local Walgreens. I am very thankful that I have the entire set as I have them all except the vehicle that was a tank with the same figure of Magum that I was not interested in. Here is some pics of ALL of the characters in the series!

The Good Guys!

Magnum!
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030966-Copy
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030967
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030969
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030968

Eclipse!
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030970-Copy
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030971
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030973-Copy
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030972

Rabid Fang!
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030975
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030976
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030974
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030978

Bull Dozer
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030979-Copy
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030980-Copy
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030982-Copy
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030981-Copy

General Taurus!
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030983
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030984
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030985
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030986

Dr. Davis Elliot!
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030987
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030990
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030989

The Bad Guys!

Malice!
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030991
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030992
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030993
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030994

Greyslash!
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030995
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030997
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030998

Each character came with a special bio card and even a special Video CD!
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1040009
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1040010
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1040007
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1040008
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1040016

Group Shot!

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1040013

Bonus character I got to go with them a few years later!

Ultra Corps. S.U.B.
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1030999
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1040002
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1040001

For size comparison!
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! P1040012

Well, there you have it, I hope you have enjoyed this blast from the past! If you have questions just ask Me! Comments, feedback and replies will be appreciated. Share you memories and stories as well if you are familiar with these guys!

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Wed May 05, 2021 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:18 pm

I remember seeing these guys a while back ! they are a great set of figures Brandon, fantastic mate
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:55 pm

Greyslash looks very much like he was inspired by the Werewolves in the film Dog Soldiers! Shocked
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 2:56 pm

Cool, thanks Dal!

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Winch wrote:
Greyslash looks very much like he was inspired by the Werewolves in the film Dog Soldiers! Shocked

You know, you could be right. He does make one awesome Werewolf indeed!

Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:55 pm

Brandon I love your K-9 corp , never seen these figures before ,awesome concept ,ilove em cyclops cyclops cyclops 

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenThe K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Like you say, those are really unique! I've never seen anything like them before. They're strange, but I like them!

Forget planet of the apes - you could play at planet of the dogs!

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am

Captian action wrote:
Brandon I love your K-9 corp , never seen these figures before ,awesome concept ,ilove em cyclops cyclops cyclops 
Thanks a lot! Yes, a lot of people didn't, they really didn't make it main stream sadly Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am

peterodgers wrote:
Like you say, those are really unique!  I've never seen anything like them before.  They're strange, but I like them!

Forget planet of the apes - you could play at planet of the dogs!
Thanks! Oh indeed they are and yes you could do that Cool 

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Excellent action figures, Brandon!  cheers 

what a great toy line for youngsters and adult collectors! It's certainly something different than the norm for 1:6 action figures. The trend with toy manufacturers these days seems to be leaning away from the usual war toys that we all recognize.

I remember seeing an article about these whacky K9 creations a few years ago, it's a pity they're not available in the UK. What I like about 'Lanard' toys is they're very affordable (cheap). I've got about 3/4 S.U.B figures and about 24 (it might be more) other 'Ultra Corps' troops, including a couple of early 'version 1' figures.
https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t3330-have-fun-with-your-sub-in-the-bathtub

I had to pass 6 Ultra Corps figures last week at a boot sale, I had run out of money. The latest figures have very nice head sculpts, some are soft squashy heads and some have hard heads. The weapons that come with 'Ultra Corps' figure sets are pretty good, they are well detailed and can be used with vam/Joe and MAM, they can also be custom painted  Very Happy 

Dr. Davis Elliot has a good head sculpt! He's probably the creator of these war dogs!.

BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 8:44 am

clivvers wrote:
Excellent action figures, Brandon!  cheers 

what a great toy line for youngsters and adult collectors! It's certainly something different than the norm for 1:6 action figures. The trend with toy manufacturers these days seems to be leaning away from the usual war toys that we all recognize.

I remember seeing an article about these whacky K9 creations a few years ago, it's a pity they're not available in the UK. What I like about 'Lanard' toys is they're very affordable (cheap). I've got about 3/4 S.U.B figures and about 24 (it might be more) other 'Ultra Corps' troops, including a couple of early 'version 1' figures.
https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t3330-have-fun-with-your-sub-in-the-bathtub

I had to pass 6 Ultra Corps figures last week at a boot sale, I had run out of money. The latest figures have very nice head sculpts, some are soft squashy heads and some have hard heads. The weapons that come with 'Ultra Corps' figure sets are pretty good, they are well detailed and can be used with vam/Joe and MAM, they can also be custom painted  Very Happy 

Dr. Davis Elliot has a good head sculpt! He's probably the creator of these war dogs!.

Thanks a lot Clivvers Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Eagle Eyes
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 3:04 pm

Dude!!!

Your Collection is Pretty Cool!!!!! Ok I will change that ... Its HUGE!!! So Cool!!!

Thanks for all your uploads Mate!

Len

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Bond0010
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:16 am

Bond007ca wrote:
Dude!!!

Your Collection is Pretty Cool!!!!! Ok I will change that ... Its HUGE!!! So Cool!!!

Thanks for all your uploads Mate!

Len

Well thank you dude  Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:21 am

IMPORTANT!: Here is My revived & revised topic of My K-9 Corps! I have updated it with a bonus as well. Look at as a reboot of sorts if you will. Please take your time to read the following and look at the pics. After you are done please leave a reply with your thoughts, it took some time for Me to redo this, I will appreciate this very much Smile

-------------------------------------------------

Back in 2005, Lanard released a very unique 1:6 series called the K9 Corps! Large figures that most shared parts but were original and quite decent sculpts. The purpose was to have a totally different concept and to get youngsters into 1:6 collecting, whether that happen is not known but fans and collectors alike such as I will remember the fun time collecting these anthropomorphic canines! I got the two deluxe figures Taurus and Davis @ K-Mart locally and the rest @ K-B Toys.com (when they were still around, I remember that box they came in, it was huge!) and I got the bonus Lanard guy @ My local Walgreens. I am very thankful that I have the entire set as I have them all except the vehicle that was a tank with the same figure of Magnum that I was not interested in. Here is some pics of ALL of the characters in the series!

The Good Guys!

Magunum

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Magnum10

Eclipse

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Eclips10

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:21 am

Rabid Gang

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Rabid_10

Bull Dozer

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Bull_d10

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:22 am

General Taurus

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Genera10

Dr. Davis Elliot

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Dr_dav10

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:24 am

The Bad Guys!

Greyslash

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Greysl10

Malice

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Malice10

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:25 am

Each character came with a special bio card and even a special Video CD!

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Cards_13
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Cards_12
The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Cd-dvd11

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:26 am

Bonus character I got to go with them a few years later! The Ultra Corps. S.U.B.

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! S_u_b_11

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:27 am

Group Shot!

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Group_14

Size Comparison!

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Group_13

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:29 am

SUPER BONUS! In the early 2010s when I was in My heyday of making awesome 1/6 scale custom Kit-Bash Figures, I gave them all names, wrote stories for them and made them in the same universe as My other 12" figures. So, when I was finishing up My great Dylan Russel Band (mobsters & assassins -- I plan on show you all of My custom figures in time!), one of the final members I made was character that I always had an idea about and wanted to make so I thought that this would be the perfect spot for him!

Taylor Miles: The Scar of Justice! Without telling the whole story, in short he encounters Greyslash of the K-9 Corps! LOOK at his scar that he got from him Shocked

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Miles_12

Well, there you have it, I hope you have liked My revised K-9 Corps topic. Please let Me know your thoughts and such. Till next time, I'll you you around Cool

Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 11:28 am

It’s soooo fantastic to see your lanard k9 corps figures again. I wish there weren’t that expensive and to buy mostly from America because I would have definitely bought them all back when they where released.

Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 11:55 am

Prof Gangrene Fan wrote:
It’s soooo fantastic to see your lanard k9 corps figures again. I wish there weren’t that expensive and to buy mostly from America because I would have definitely bought them all back when they where released.

Thanks Prof Very Happy Yes, I'm sure their a pretty penny now and they were kinda scare even back in the day as I had only seen them at K-Mart & K-B Toys and of course the S.U.B at Walgreens.

Back to top Go down
TNshooter
Canadian Mounted Police
TNshooter

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 2:05 pm

I remember these figures. At one point I was able to get one for not too expensive
(although it was a few years ago) and that was the Dr. Mark Elliot. I was figuring on
making him a scientist, but on which team I haven't decided.

I'm really interested in the Taylor Miles head sculpt. What line is he from?
That's a very interesting scar he has!

Daryl

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2021 7:21 am

TNshooter wrote:
I remember these figures. At one point I was able to get one for not too expensive
(although it was a few years ago) and that was the Dr. Mark Elliot. I was figuring on
making him a scientist, but on which team I haven't decided.

I'm really interested in the Taylor Miles head sculpt. What line is he from?
That's a very interesting scar he has!

Daryl

That is cool dude, that Dr. Elliot is really a decent figure and not a bad choice at all and I think he could pull off either being a good guy or a bad guy I would imagine. Cool you got him cheap as well.

OK dude, here ya go. first, like I said, he is a character that I kit-bashed and made with My own ideas (I was an avid kit-basher long ago as I made a lot of of My own characters that Miles originally was a part of as this K-9 Corps is a sub-series/story of Mine...I have featured most of them on the board years ago but I'm currently thinking of rebooting the topic soon and talk about them a lot when the time comes). So the Miles Taylor IS MY character and Mine alone.

As for the specs of the origin of the figure itself. He was only a head sculpt and had no name except like an item number or something like that. I got it separately, I got the body and the clothing all separately (like most of My characters were originally). The head sculpt is actually inspired by the Col. Quarich character from the 2009 movie Avatar. Now, if you are familiar with that character, he is played by Stephen Lang and he has those same scars on his head in the film and his name is Col. Miles Quarich (see how I still named him Miles...I did that a lot with My custom characters) Smile I made him an assassin and he encountered Greyslash Shocked

The head & the clothing was made by DOLLSFIGURE - Go here for the official store and for the suit. I believe it is also still available on ebay as well. Now, the head sculpt is really hard to find, you can find a very similar one that is slightly different HERE AT EBAY from an international seller. I have bought from sellers like this before which is OK. This is your only choice that I see currently on there for a decent price but feel free to do your own research if you want a second choice.

As for the body, it was an X-SERIES body (CLICK HERE, I made a special body topic years ago though it is a bit outdated)

I hope that helps you out Daryl Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!   The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The K9 Corps: REBOOT Special!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next