Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
Ski Patrol
BrandontheFigureFreak

What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Empty
PostSubject: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Geeze, talk about memory lane here! OK well, from the very start which is when I was little and didn't know much about 12 inch figures then back in the 80s, My first one was a blonde Caucasian Barbie with jeans My Mom & Grandma bought Me at Target. I remember that they asked Me why I wanted her and being a little boy I really wasn't sure, I just liked her (well, today I love 1:6 women!, LOL,). Not 12" but around 8" that My Grandma got Me those retro Vietnam guys at Walgreens back then too, not sure what their names are and if that counts.

OK, in the earlier 90s when I was older and started to know more about the 12 inchers My Mom got Me at Venture Department Store 12" G.I. Joes of Destro, Gung-Ho, & Grunt and then My Grandma got Me that send away 12" G.I. Joe in green (Gen. Joe Colton) not to long after that then a few years later My Grandparents got Me those deluxe talking Darth Vader & Darth Maul figures.

Much years later in 2001 when 1:6 started to really kick off I got Sideshow's Universal Monsters Larry Talbot & Murder Legendre and EVER since then I have been collecting 1:6 scale figures!!!!!

http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
Bond007ca
Action Sailor
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Great Thread

OMG!!! here is my first ever 12inch figure, well my sister always had Barbie's so one summer they got me a 12 inch Ken surfer or beach figure ( he had blue shorts ) he had blonde hair which was painted and hard and he had a very stupid smile on his face LOL....... he had rubber flexible legs and his hands were very flat ( fingers all extended ) almost like a karate chop. I played with him for a long time not sure what happened to him but my next one was the Muscle Body Air Adventurer which I thought was Chuck Norris.. now here was a cool guy... fuzzie head.. no silly smile lol etc

( I just turned 40 on June 30th and I was able to pick up a restrung re flocked Blonde Muscle Body Adventurer IDENTICAL to the one I had as a kid )

Cheers

Len

What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Bond0010
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:42 pm

Like most guys here my first 1/6 figure was a action man, I think it was a fuzzy blonde dressed in a British Infantry uniform. I loved him !, my best toy by far until Eagle Eyes action man came out ! then it was Jake, my avatar Very Happy 

Ski Patrol
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Bond - Thanks! Yours sound very interesting. Congrats on repeating history Very Happy 

Dal - I figured you would say that stuff Wink Yeah, I can tell about your Avatar, he looks like one heck of a mean dude cheers 

Rossini
Polar Explorer
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:18 pm

I'd like to say my first 1:6 scale figure was the painted head AM I got when I was about 3yrs old!! BUT!! if I strain the old memory banks I think it was actually (I think it was 12") a Worzel Gummidge figure with the different heads that were interchangeable.. Being stateside Brandon I doubt you'll know what the hell I'm talking about without the help of good old google.. Lol!

Painted Head
bigbear

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 9:39 pm

My first 12"er was a brown PH VAM Soldier, with the added cards to give him a helmet and combat jacket. This would have been during the first summer that they were available, or maybe that Christmas. I ended up with 4 or 5 PHs and Mountie, Navy Attack, Frogman, Scramble Pilot, Medic, Armoured Car Commander, Snow Patrol and general soldier gear, plus a Cherilea Scout Car and a Space Capsule. I was in heaven!

I didn't get any other 12"ers until the 1990's Captain Scarlet and Thunderbirds figures came along in about '93. Then I discovered the 40th. collection and my collection exploded.

I now have a modest - by some standards - collection of two VAM PHs, around 10 or 12 VAM Fuzzies, with replacement hard hands where the grippers have failed. All of these with vintage uniforms. Add to this about 25 40th men and maybe 10 40th. GI Joes and an original Tommy Gunn. Still en route is my first female figure - a GI Joe Helicopter Pilot.

All this from a little old PH... Phew!
Back to top Go down
http://www.broadbandceilidh.co.uk
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 2:30 am

A dark haired PH sailor gi joe back in 1966... I dressed him in
the black scuba frogman outfit...

And here is my childhood Joe but the scuba outfit is
repro right now... Everything else is vintage and from my childhood...
(Oh the dynamite sticks were gifted to me by a fellow Joe collector... )

What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? CIMG4219_zps4a630246
Back to top Go down
bigbear
Painted Head
bigbear

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 6:15 pm

How great to have your originals still! The frogman has always been one of my faves. Shame they perish so quickly. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.broadbandceilidh.co.uk
BrandontheFigureFreak
Ski Patrol
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 10:18 am

I am bumping this cuz I feel it is a great topic and hardly anybody has posted within it. I than k all those that has so far Very Happy

Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Mine was an Action Man fuzzy head gripping hands soldier.

Sadly long since gone but I have picked up a couple of vintage ones over the years. Its still my favourite type figure of all time.

What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Volgan10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 6:50 pm

Mine was a VAM PH Sailor + the scuba gear as my 6th birthday gift from my cousin who already knew it, he was the one who introduce me to AM and I have my Auntie to thank for. Very Happy I still have pieces of perish rubber from that suit...
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
French Resistance
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2014 9:00 pm

Mine was a VAM action man talking commander with realistic hair, painted eyes and hard hands he had black beret I got this for my 5th or 6th christmas present a bit vague but I do remember the delight of the talking toy Laughing

Ski Patrol
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:57 am

Thanks guys for your participation Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????   What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got???????? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What/Who was the FIRST 1/6 scale figure you ever got????????
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: