Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Empty
PostSubject: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 9:42 am

Hi Guys

I need your input for a project im doing. I would like every member to give me their view on what they would consider the rarest figure to be. Both boxed and unboxed. If you are feeling really helpful then give me your personal opinion on your top 10 but if you dont have the time then just let me know your number one figure Smile

Come on chaps lets get into this Smile

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winch
Flock Head
Winch

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:14 am

Sounds like an intersting project Dan! Anything I should know about? Wink

However I think it is important before people start adding their suggestions that you clarify a little more exactly what you're after to save people making posts which don't fit with what you're after? I speak from some experience having tried to compile similar top ten's when running the Action Solider Collectors Club Newsletter long before the Internet! LOL

For example I assume we're only talking VAM? Also do you mean by boxed figures only figure which came dressed and boxed as that particular type? By loose do you mean any figure that was originally supplied boxed and is now loose ONLY ordo you also include any figure wearing any carded outfit?

Sorry if this seems nit-picky but it is easier to clear these things away up front rather than having to ask people to re-vote as their original votes don't fit your criteria.

Winch

"Fear not my Lord for Baldrick has a cunning plan!" Twisted Evil

Check out my range of Repro and Custom Items for Action Man and similar 1/6th Scale Figures including many unique items not available anywhere else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:31 am

All will be made clear to you in due course Winch Wink

Right i need to compile a top ten of rarest VAM Figures/Uniforms so you can say Boxed Space Explorer or Carded Cricket set its up to you ???

it can cover all years from 66-84 I want it to be quite mellow so i will count a uniform as a figure as it was made to go on a figure. I will also like to see RARE to FIND and NOT just focus on monetary value Smile

Many Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:33 am

Have you still any documented material on your past polls WInch ?????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winch
Flock Head
Winch

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:41 am

I think I have back copies of all the old newsletters archived somwhere unless I was "persuaded" to dump them when downsizing after my Dad died but I think I would still have kept at least one copy of any I had it's just a matter of finding them! affraid I seem to remember they may have been more on the line of Top 10 Rarest Hats, Top 10 Rarest Guns etc focussing on individual items not complete sets but I will see what I can find! ;-)

Winch

"Fear not my Lord for Baldrick has a cunning plan!" Twisted Evil

Check out my range of Repro and Custom Items for Action Man and similar 1/6th Scale Figures including many unique items not available anywhere else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 10:47 am

Ok then Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:37 am

is it just action man or can we include group action joe and GI joe, not to mention their German, Italian and any others I may have missed ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 11:50 am

ACTION MAN ONLY Smile

If it makes it easier just one word answers from ALL members will do Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:08 pm

hmmm, that's a thinker Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 12:27 pm

Yep but hopefully we will get enough answers to maybe do a poll Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 12:23 pm

Really interesting post, Dan. Shame it hasn't caught the members' imagination?
Sounds like you've got some really interesting information there Winch. Get it sorted and posted please mate.
Right Dan, here's my top ten. Carded or loose, they seem to have been the ones I've found it most difficult to get, complete or I'm still missing.
1. Space Explorer
2. 1st issue Judo
3. Aston Villa
4. Missile assault
5. Cricketer
6. Racing car driver
7. NUFC footballer
8. Olympic Champion
9. Wolverhampton Wanderers
10. Argyll

Hope this helps, Dan.
Come on you guys .............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 2:12 pm

The 6 original Tsukuda items?

The 3 boxed dolls and 3 boxed outfit variants?

My original Tsukuda Fallshrimjager was a mint out of box outfit dressed on a mint mail in Eagle Eye blue pants doll.

Provenance: Mark Cole from the USA.

Cost, £185 inc shipping....sometimes I wish my late Father never bought it for me....study 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:08 pm

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM yes nice lot but this is for Vintage Action Man only.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 7:56 pm

How about things like the Cammo Crayon this is more impossible to find than say a red para beret but sells often for much less.

So are items priced to their desirability ?????

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:01 pm

I have had a long think about this question,

I would say one of the hardest things to get is a bullet man
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rossini
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 9:55 pm

I've probably missed the whole point of this somewhere and my vam knowledge is very little but what about the hand protection cups that came with early figures!? I very rarely see those about! Like I say I've probably missed the point! Lol

action bob
Eagle Eyes
action bob

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 4:16 pm

My top 10, of what I have found quite hard to get hold of, especially in any decent condition

1 Tom Stone
2 Bullet Man
3 Go Kart
4 British Major
5 Shoulder Holsters
6 Commando outfit
7 Missile Assault
8 Marine Combat
9 British Infantryman, 1980's
10 Mine Detection

Cheers
PJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeMon Jul 15, 2013 9:20 pm

Just off the top of my head.

2nd issue Tom Stone Boxed.
The EE Talking Comander that came in the red box. (Need to look up the year). Not with camo trousers
Popper Jacketed late issue Commando.
Space Explorer.
Combat soldier helmet netting and bayonet (damn)

If my latest quest is anything to go by 2nd issue medic helmet and arm band. lol

And if I can add a vehicle I'd say the AM Solo Motorbike. This has got to be one of the rarest VAM items and I've still got my childhood one yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Polar Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:09 am

Guest wrote:
The 6 original Tsukuda items?

The 3 boxed dolls and 3 boxed outfit variants?

My original Tsukuda Fallshrimjager was a mint out of box outfit dressed on a mint mail in Eagle Eye blue pants doll.

Provenance: Mark Cole from the USA.

Cost, £185 inc shipping....sometimes I wish my late Father never bought it for me....study 
obviously you didn't read the thread...............................doh

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Polar Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 4:41 am

First Frogman
Go kart
Racing Car
Personnel Carrier
Dog Sled
FFL
Rangers
Green Air Police
Blue Air Police
George Best

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chip
Eagle Eyes
Chip

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2015 12:40 pm

Danthecoat wrote:
How about things like the Cammo Crayon this is more impossible to find than say a red para beret but sells often for much less.

So are items priced to their desirability ?????

To comment on rare bits .... Cap for petrol can , Gold pliers , Compass in case ( polar Explorer ) , Metal rod and thin orange pipe off the underwater explorer oxygen tank , propellant bar from the Astronaut , ist pilot black thingy that fitted the end of the tube ...

Figure wise ...Missile assault has to be up there , Argyll , Combat Engineer theodolite and Hammer sets , Cricketer , Space Explorer , last issue German Storm trooper ,

Those are are just off the top of my head......

ghost recon
NAVY FROGMAN
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 3:49 pm

This is a tough AM question Mr Dan. I'd be happy to settle with the following only from my perspective.
1: 1st issue frogman. Especially so carded.
2: 1st issue High altitude air tanks complete. Again card? Forget about it.
3: 1st issue TC boxed.(perfect talker)
4: Missile assault.
5: Complete original Arctic explorer.
6: Racing car & driver.
7: Go Kart.
8: Armoured car set complete unbroken.
9: Green air Police, though I now have it. It's still a stupidly hard set to find.
10: Theodolite

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED   TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOP 10 RAREST ACTION MEN FIGURES BOXED AND UNBOXED
Page 1 of 1