Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Latest vam find now fixed up..

Go down 
AuthorMessage
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

Latest vam find now fixed up.. Empty
PostSubject: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:20 pm

I found this vam at a boot sale a few weeks back, it also came with a bundle of uniforms which you can see in my 'Boot sale finds' down in the MAM section. I've fixed a few vams up in the past, one of them is 3rd from the left in the last photo. I replaced all the elastic on that one and got all the green mold off that covered his entire head, I also removed a red ink stain on the face and painted in new eyebrows for the missing ones. I originally posted my repair work over at Mikes (Action Burt forum) in 2009/10.

This vam below was quite grubby when I found it and looked in a sorry state. The talker box is all there but needs to be repaired. I managed to get a bit of speech going, it sound backwards and fast.

The very thin pressure spring had perished, and the pull chord had been shawn off as you can see in one of the photos below. Perhaps one day I will find a spare spring and have another go at getting it fully working again, I've had no experience with fixing this type of thing though.

Here's the vam after the head was cleaned up with soapy water and mild toothpaste using a soft toothbrush...

Latest vam find now fixed up.. 08JPEGWEB1000XBOOTYCOMBINEDPHOTOSVAMREPAIR_zpsc66c2d32
Latest vam find now fixed up.. 10JPEGWEB1000XBOOTSALEFIND14-7-2013_zps9e216af6
Latest vam find now fixed up.. 12AJPEGWEB1000XCOMBINEDPHOTOBOOTYFINDS14-7-2013_zps786a3410
Latest vam find now fixed up.. 14JPEGWEBBOOTY14-7-2013_zps99ad1b3f
Latest vam find now fixed up.. 15JPEGWEBBOOTY14-7-2013_zps70185398
Latest vam find now fixed up.. 16JPEGWEBBOOTY14-7-2013_zpsf94da887
In my avatar you can see a young me with a slotted shouldered AM, that particular uniform jacket in the photo was the first piece of vam kit I repaired back in the late 1960's.
I remember sitting at the dining-table and stitching up a seam that had come undone, when I had finished the work ( after pricking my finger umpteen times lol!) I was really pleased with my handy work and wanted to show mum, but as I grabbed the garment off the table, it took the tablecloth with it!  I had sewn the jacket to the tablecloth and had to start all over again.

I'm still sewing/repairing AM uniforms today, but find I need plenty of light, and have to wear eye-glasses to see what I'm doing. I've got plenty of vam garments stacking up that need stitching, I'm planning my sewing/repair sorties for this years coming Autumn nights  Wink

Latest vam find now fixed up.. 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o

Last edited by clivvers on Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 3:32 pm

you certainly did a top job repairing him Clive, always awesome to see a fallen vam brought back to active duty !! Top upload my friend, he looks awesome !

Mountineer
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 5:30 pm

FANTASTIC CLIVE Smile

I now have the im too sexy song in my head lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! 

Great stuff cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

YOu all know i cant have a man down Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:24 pm

Well done Clive that's a brilliant repair! He does indeed look sexy lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:14 pm

Great Save Clive!
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
Action Sailor
Bond007ca

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Great Work!!!

Salute to You Mate!!

Latest vam find now fixed up.. Bond0010
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 am

Many thanks for your intrest fellas cheers Very Happy 

I thought about putting this here, then scroll up and let the music add spice to the images Very Happy
This is a fantastic piece of music from the 90's and very funny too... 

Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Fantastic work Clive, I'm a firm believer that nothing should be thrown away in this hobby. Anything can be brought back to life lol.

Great upload mate.

Latest vam find now fixed up.. Volgan10
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Beatlefan wrote:
Fantastic work Clive, I'm a firm believer that nothing should be thrown away in this hobby. Anything can be brought back to life lol.

Great upload mate.
Thanks Richard,

I'm like you, I hardly throw anything out.

Thanks Dan, for the ideal song suggestion for this post )
That tune was a very popular tune in the 90's, and still is today, it's probably still doing the rounds at wedding do's and 'Hen nights'  lol!

Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
ASTRONAUGHT
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:52 pm

great repair , and what a great last photo ,
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 07, 2013 6:50 pm

TALLY HO wrote:
great repair , and what a great last photo ,
Thanks Tally, I'm glad you like it Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Latest vam find now fixed up..   Latest vam find now fixed up.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Latest vam find now fixed up..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Help and Advice :: Repair-
Jump to: