Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:43 pm

As you guys know from a previous official thread, I am a huge MOTU fan. However, closing in a near tie is the Star Wars franchise! I am a very big fan of Star Wars and at times I can be a total Star Wars nutt about it and get into so much that I live it! Here, I want to briefly show you My favorite topics in Star Wars.

I know Dal is a SW geek, who is with us? SHARE your thoughts about SW. What do you think about My favorites? Talk SW!

Original Trilogy: These movies I have seen countless times and still today are regarded as the greatest movies that ever were IMO!

EP 4: A New Hope

This is the one that started it it all for most fans. As for Me, it was a great beginning but not My fav, the update in 97 was treat. Truly one of the greatest films of all-time!

EP 5: The Empire Strikes Back

My favorite of the OT, this has the greatest parts of Darth Vader's appearance. The Vader vs. Luke fight was so great. It is really is an emotional film and maybe the greatest movie that ever was!

EP 6: Return of the Jedi

Was the most critical SW film till EP 1, I always liked it, it was really sad at times though. I still hate it when Leia chokes Jabba (got emotional just thinkin' about it now - he is one of My favs). I think it truly is a superb film and arguably the best of the whole OT!

Prequel Trilogy: When EP 1 finally came out after nearly 2 decades since ROTJ, it was the most anticipated film of the 90s and really till ROTS! While the films do have questionable concerns by fans & critics alike, I felt the majority of the PT was tremendous and really on par with the OT.

EP 1: The Phantom Menace

This was the most incredible film of it's time and may have started many trends. it had so many mysteries and action, it had a great Jedi in Qui-Gon Jinn and a really good young Obi-Wan. Darth Maul was such a treat to show how the Sith can be but wow Darth Sidious was so enjoyable, he was fantastic!

EP 2: Attack of the Clones

Arguably the greatest of the PT, it rivals TESB, it had so many great moments and I thought the love scenes with Anakin & Padme were really good. The gladiator fight was uncanny. I absolutely loved Count Dooku, he instantly became one of My favorite SW characters of all. I loved Jango Fett, he was a great character. AOTC was such a fantastic continuation of the PT, really an extraordinary film indeed!

EP 3: Revenge of the Sith

Probably the most critical of all of the SW films and arguably the most important of the entire film saga. It was "the one" of SW that was truly the darkest, even more bleak that TESB IMO due to it having the major plot of Darth Vader coming to be. The overall transformation on screen was top notch. It had some of the most incredible light saber fights and shocking & very emotional moments ever seen in the SW films. General Grievous was a great new character and I enjoyed him very much. The duel between Anakin & Kenobi was so intense, ROTS really did not disappoint, it is arguably the greatest of all the PT movies and of the entire SW film saga!

Expanded Universe: I am a huge fan of the EU, I feel it is actually greater the film saga.

Shadows of the Empire

The story of SOTE is one of the most exciting of all of the SW saga, I loved Prince Xizor & Dash Rendar, they are two really good characters. I wished for the longest time it was made into a film and just not a novel & a video game. I could go one about SOTE like forever!

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

This is arguably My fav SW game of all, I loved the cut scenes and the game play itself. This one of the coolest stories of SW, superb characters (I loved Jeric) and it was a tremendous experience being a part of it!

Star Wars: Legacy

I felt this was coolest of the EU comics simply because its characters were just awesome and the overall plot was so unique. Such great artwork as well!

The SW Spinoffs

Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure

As much it is criticized, I think it is a good movie, it had the SW atmosphere and some really good stuff. Still a memorable film.

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor

Like the first Ewoks movie, it is also very memorable but it is more emotional. I probably have seen this one more than times than the first one.

BONUS

John Williams, the musical score composer of the Star Wars movies!

He is a legendary composer and one of the last of the golden/silver era and is one of the all-time greatest. I am a huge composer fan, I have loved movie scores in general since I was little. SW would NOT be SW if it was not for his music IMO!

OTHER STUFF:

E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial & Grebleips (EP1)!

In My own SW canon, I consider they are both one in the same species from Brodo Asagi. What this means is that if you take the SW saga and the ET movie seriously then EVERYTHING actually happened and the figures that Elliot had were inspired by the Star Wars Legend Shocked

Myself AKA Lord Darth Hyde!

I wrote a small story for My SW character for Halloween in 2011 called Lord Darth Hyde. He was one of the most powerful of the Sith, he was an immortal long before Sidious was born. When the Jedi ganged up on him he was banished through a pod to helplessly wonder the universe for an eternity but it didn't happen. He crashed on planet earth around sometime in the early part on the Cenozoic forced to travel around. It was finally in the middle of the 20th century he could have the relief he was longing for thousands of years! When the first SW movie hit and spawned a new era of the world he realized it was too much of a coincidence that the stories were based off from the times of his own especially during the 1990s. He wants to confront Lucas and make him tell him HOW did he know about this. Once he does he feels that the one that somehow told George about SW is THE ONE who banished Darth Hyde so long ago Exclamation 

What is Next for SW in film?

Since Disney is the rightful owner of SW now, things are looking good and and might be very bright and possibly make a lot of SW fan's dreams come true. For so very long now I have been waiting for episodes VII - VIII when Han, Leia, Luke, Lando are all older. Will this really happen? Will Mara Jade Skywalker be in at least one movie? Would they actually take the Dark Forces story with Kyle Katarn & Jerec and the rest? Could Dash Rendar make an appearance? How will it be? Only time will tell and I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!Cool Shocked Exclamation 

That is all for now, guys, I hope you have enjoyed this of what I have done Very Happy TALK Star Wars Cool

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:29 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
Winch
Flock Head

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:03 pm

I thought A New Hope was Episode 4 not 5? Thus making Empire Strikes Back Episode 5

And Revenge of the Sith was Episode 3 while Attack of the Clones was Episode 2?

But then I'm not such a huge fan of the Franchise. Wink

Winch

"Fear not my Lord for Baldrick has a cunning plan!" Twisted Evil

Check out my range of Repro and Custom Items for Action Man and similar 1/6th Scale Figures including many unique items not available anywhere else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Winch wrote:
I thought A New Hope was Episode 4 not 5? Thus making Empire Strikes Back Episode 5

And Revenge of the Sith was Episode 3 while Attack of the Clones was Episode 2?

But then I'm not such a huge fan of the Franchise. Wink

Yeah, your correct and I fixed it, stupid typos Mad 

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:14 pm

Great thread Brandon. Yes I am a huge Star wars geek !! loved the films as a young 5 year old waiting in the queue at the cinema to go in and watch star wars!! I can still remember it all (mind you, that could be down to the fact that I have watched the films so many times !! lol! ). My favourite of the original three, was the Empire strikes back, compared to the first it was very dark, but exciting at the same time, if you know what I mean.
I have to admit that I really like the new three as well, when that music started it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when the Phantom Menace premiered its trailer !! it re awoke the same boy inside !! I also loved the GGI movie, which of course was followed by the Clone Wars tv show, which I adored and waited with my son to watch the next episode !!
I am really quite excited about the new movie too, they could go so many different ways with it. Having read a lot of star wars comics and novels, I would love to see them go along the lines of after the empire fell, Luke tries to rebuild the Jedi order and eventually meets his wife, Mara Jane

These would make a great film, imho.

I do however have to admit that my favourites from the stra wars films, were and always will be Han Solo & Chewbacca.

Really looking forward to reading everyone elses thoughts too.

cheers cheers 

Medic

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:02 pm

I love Star Wars too, but I can't pick a favourite film! I love scenes from the different films, such as:

Any scene with R2D2 - the coolest droid in the universe!
Any scene with the Millennium Falcon - the coolest spaceship in the universe!
The trench run from a New Hope.
The speeder bike chase from Return of the Jedi.
The Pod race from Phantom Menace.
The battle scenes towards the end of Attack of the Clones.
Bobba Fett from Empire Strikes Back - I hope he comes back for the new films!

My dream is to build a 1/6th collections of SW figures, with maybe part of the Millennium Falcon as a backdrop.

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:24 am

WOW, that's great guys, there is so much you can talk about Star Wars!

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:01 pm

Well, here a little thing I'm gonna start here. My favorite villains of Stars. These are the ones that is My all-time favorites!

Count Dooku/Lord Tyranus

The Seven Dark Jedi: Jerec, Sariss, Boc, Yun, Maw, and "The Twins" Pic & Gorc

Prince Xizor

Darth Vader

Jabba the Hut

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine

Darth Maul

Zam Wesell

General Grievous

Darth Krayt & Darth Talon

IG-88

Bossk

Jango & Boba Fett

Grand Moff Tarkin

Guri

King Terak & Charal

General Veers and Admiral Ozzel

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:22 pm

you have pretty much covered all the bases there and as there is no point covering old posts I will choose mine from the clone wars,

Ventress, - Count Duku apprentice

Admin

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm

darth Maul and his brother savage

Admin

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:27 pm

The bounty hunters

Admin

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:28 pm

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:57 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
you have pretty much covered all the bases there and as there is no point covering old posts I will choose mine from the clone wars,

Ventress, - Count Duku apprentice

Great choice of a fav Dal, I like her, i didn't add her cuz she wasn't on My mind.

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:58 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
darth Maul and his brother savage

Them are great Dal, can't go wrong with them!

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:59 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
The bounty hunters

Yes, they are great Dal!

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:18 pm

Here is My favorite heroes, some are obvious and some may not!

Qui-Gon Jinn

Of course the original heroes Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Chewie, Princess Leia, Lando, Obi-Wan, and Yoda and C-3PO & R2-D2!

Aalya Secura

Mace Windu

Dash Rendar

Kyle Katarn

Yareal Poof

Padme

Adi Gallia

Gial Ackbar

Captain Typho

Bren Derlin, Pello Scrambas, and Ric Olie

I hope you have enjoyed this!

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bond007ca
SCRAMBLE PILOT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:47 pm

Nice work. A lot of time went into this mate!

Its appreciated

Len

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Bond007ca wrote:
Nice work. A lot of time went into this mate!

Its appreciated

Len
Cool, glad you liked it!

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:27 pm

Yep, that's Me as Darth Hyde for Halloween a couple years ago :shock:Like My bashes I made up a full story of his, look at Me closely! If you want to know it, just ask!

Back to top Go down
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:25 pm

I too am a Star Wars Fan and have viewed the currant 6 films over and over and have introduced my kids to the films, it was my Dad that took me as a kid to see
the film (I was 6 years old) ,the cinema is no longer there but I have a lasting memory of that night with my dad ,I have a sneaking suspicion it was because he wanted to see the film
as he also loves sci-fi. The scene that got me hooked was the
scene where the storm troopers instantly followed by Darth Vader blew through the Airlock of the tantive IV ......I was instantly in awe ant thought .....wow I want too be a storm trooper!
I always tried to recreate that scene with my minifigures ,I must have always been a bit  ocd  because I had legions of storm troopers and a solitary Darth Vader,
acouple of years ago I had most of the sideshow jedi and the medicom clone troopers,but when we had to move house(financial reasons) I had to pare down the collection these are the
5 figures I could not part with even though they would of been a financial help.I sometimes kick myself about Selling the other figures but it was purely for financial reasons ,but when needs must!
so if you will as regard to another thread on here ,although not a Action man or G.I. Joe these are my TKQ5

" /> figures

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:52 pm

very cool Halloween costume mate !! looks cool,

great figures Jay !! very envious cheers cheers 

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:36 am

Captian action wrote:
I too am a Star Wars Fan and have viewed the currant 6 films over and over and have introduced my kids to the films, it was my Dad that took me as a kid to see
the film (I was 6 years old) ,the cinema is no longer there but I have a lasting memory of that night with my dad ,I have a sneaking suspicion it was because he wanted to see the film
as he also loves sci-fi. The scene that got me hooked was the
scene where the storm troopers instantly followed by Darth Vader blew through the Airlock of the tantive IV ......I was instantly in awe ant thought .....wow I want too be a storm trooper!
I always tried to recreate that scene with my minifigures ,I must have always been a bit  ocd  because I had legions of storm troopers and a solitary Darth Vader,
acouple of years ago I had most of the sideshow jedi and the medicom clone troopers,but when we had to move house(financial reasons) I had to pare down the collection these are the
5 figures I could not part with even though they would of been a financial help.I sometimes kick myself about Selling the other figures but it was purely for financial reasons ,but when needs must!
so if you will as regard to another thread on here ,although not a Action man or G.I. Joe these are my TKQ5

" /> figures
WOW, that is a really good story you ahve there, glad you have the memory of a great moment! Great collection pic too Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:37 am

actionman2272 wrote:
very cool Halloween costume mate !! looks cool,
Thanks a lot Dal, yes it was cool but gosh it was hard to do in many ways, that is why I retired it:shock: It was fun to do though.

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:18 am

Here is My favorite creatures of Star Wars!

My favorite creatures from the Star Wars universe! What are some of yours?

The Wampa

The Space Slug

The Dewback

The Boar Wolf!

The Gorax

The Condor Dragon

The Blurrg

The Rancor

The Dragonsnake

The Fambaa

The Sando aqua monster

The Reek, Acklay, and Nexus

The Boga

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:19 am

a great post of all the star wars monsters

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:21 am

actionman2272 wrote:
a great post of all the star wars monsters
Thanks Dal Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!   

Back to top Go down

STAR WARS: The Official Thread - Fav Lightsaber fights added (10/11/13!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next