ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flea Mrket Find

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
signalman
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
signalman

Flea Mrket Find Empty
PostSubject: Flea Mrket Find   Flea Mrket Find Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:40 pm

I popped into the local Flea Market a couple of weeks ago, and spotted a sealed bag full of VAM stuff.

Flea Mrket Find Fm01_zpsc8cbbc34-1

As I was looking, the stallholder told me that both the figures and all the kit was vintage - and said I could have the lot for a tenner!. Damn near snapped her hand off.

Both the figures are painted rivet jobs, suffering from a variety of stress cracks - some quite bad - but what the hey, at that price, I aint complaining!

Flea Mrket Find Fm06_zps684475e5-1
Flea Mrket Find Fm09_zps3600b463-1
Flea Mrket Find Fm07_zpsa3ce6988-1
Flea Mrket Find Fm03_zps655de604-1
Flea Mrket Find Fm10_zps03bb4b6c-1

The brown haired one has a stress crack in a place I`ve never seen before - on the side of his head.
Flea Mrket Find Fm11_zpsba669f39

There was an interesting selection of kit included.

Flea Mrket Find Fm12_zpsc957f752-1

An interesting KO sailor uniform. The white stitching seems a bit ropey, but the buttons and pockets on the trousers seem surprisingly good - anyone have any ideas as to the origins?

Flea Mrket Find Fm05_zpsab350b72-1
Flea Mrket Find Fm08_zpsddde53a0-1

A nice vintage KO camo set, including a helmet. Not Red Box, possibly Combat Johhny?

Flea Mrket Find Fm15_zps67241c98-1
Flea Mrket Find Fm17_zpsde305a7f-1

A set of vintage Army Fatigues, a bit faded and missing a couple of buttons, but the brown boots are in good shape!
Flea Mrket Find Fm13_zps3de8bc48-1
Flea Mrket Find Fm14_zps091d322e-1

There was also part of a DSD set. The boots are actually Red Box. The helmet is split and has been repaired (poorly) some time in the past.
Flea Mrket Find Fm18_zpsc9caed78-1
Flea Mrket Find Fm19_zps64974d30-1

There was also a 1st issue space siut, in quite reasonable condition. I`ll probably put this aside for a Cosmonaut bash.
Flea Mrket Find Fm16_zps98e7f0d1-1
There were also a couple of other odds-n-ends, a blue plastic beret sans badge, a broken HK smg, a soft plastic white helmet, a set of grey ammo pouches (like the 1st issue VAM ones. I have a few of these - are they Red Box?), and a green belt made from a material akin to a shoelace, and finally, a nice bit of Mum-Brand stuff - a sky blue kitbag...
Flea Mrket Find Fm20_zpsf31bc45c-1
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

Flea Mrket Find Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flea Mrket Find   Flea Mrket Find Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 3:54 pm

Nice little find mate and a good price! Love the term 'mum brand' gave me a chuckle, weve all had some of that along with 'nan brand' knitwear, Smile

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

Flea Mrket Find Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flea Mrket Find   Flea Mrket Find Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:09 pm

That's a good score for a tenner!!! cheers cheers 

If I'd have payed £10 Just for the divers helmet, I would have been happy, that's if I was in need of it to complete an outfit. You've definitely got yourself a bargain there, the faded uniform can be redyed, the camo uniform looks in good shape.

You might have luck trying to heat-weld the stress cracks together using a small flat tipped soldering iron, which must be spotlessly clean, then use various grades of 'wet 'n dry' rubbing paper to smooth off the melted plastic.

The repair might be successful if the plastic is not too brittle, it's worth a try. Take your time doing the repair and wear eye saftey glasses, you might find a repair article down in the tips section.

Brian (Sparklebudgie) is a master when it comes to vam repair work cheers cheers 
Smile

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Flea Mrket Find Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flea Mrket Find   Flea Mrket Find Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 6:59 pm

what an amazing find !! great stuff
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

Flea Mrket Find Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flea Mrket Find   Flea Mrket Find Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 7:16 pm

great find , and a bargain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flea Mrket Find Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flea Mrket Find   Flea Mrket Find Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flea Mrket Find
Page 1 of 1