Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:22 pm

PLEASE NOTE: I Thought I'd share this from Dal's old OSAM from 2012. I do not own this figure yet but i am hoping in time I will so until then please enjoy!

This is a preview of VTS' Dark Soldier! It is clearly inspired by the 2005 Doom Movie character John "Reaper" Grimm played by veteran actor Karl Urban. I'm a big fan of Karl Urban, but I'm a HUGE, HUGE DOOM fan, the games and the movie. I find it quite strange that this guy is being presented and going to be available this October cuz the Doom hype is sadly over-with and seems almost forgotten with games like Halo, WOW, GOW on the rise but maybe this figure is a treat for us hardcore gamers of DOOM? I for one am quite excited that this inspirational character from the Doom movie is coming and may bring attention or perhaps make people "remember" of how fun and freakin' fantastic Doom is!

The sculpt does resemble Urban and maybe is just right for non-nitpickers. The uniform and arsenal looks terrific. I'm sure HUGE fans of DOOM such as Me with get two of him and get and use a HeadPlay head-sculpt or "one of the others" of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Sarge/Doom Guy as well!

Look at ALL of the pics below of the figure PLUS a special comparison and reminder of the Doom movie!

Again, The Dark Soldier will be available come October, 2012! ALL pics and info go to the respected owners and posters.

------------------------------------------

VTS : 末日战士/Dark Soldier

注: 靴子为开发手版,官图看上去效果SIZE略大些,上市实物SIZE是略小些的

编号:VM-007

1. 头雕
2. 素体+黑色长袖T恤
3. 连体服
4. 战术背心
5. 小杂物包
6. 弹匣袋
7. 弹药袋
8. 杂物方包
9. 黑色战术腰带
10. 护肘一对
11. 护膝一对
12. 半指战术手套一对
13. 对讲机
14. 刀鞘
15. 战斗刀
16. 腿枪套
17. 手鎗
18. 突击步鎗
19. 枪带
20. 耳麦
21. 战斗靴一双

VTS : Dark Soldier

NO:VM-007

1. REAL LIKE HEADSCULP
2. BODY +LOM-FSLEEVED T-SHIRT (BLACK)
3. COMBAT SUIT
4. TACTICAL VEST
5. UNIVERSAL POUCH (SMALL)
6. MAG POUCH
7. UNIVERSAL POUCH(LARGE)
8. AMMO POUCH
9. TACTICAL BELT
10. ELBOW PADS (ONE PAIR)
11. KNEE PADS (ONE PAIR)
12. HALF FIGUER TACTICAL GLOVE (ONE PAIR)
13. WALKIE-TALKIE
14. SCABBARD
15. COMBAT KNIFE
16. DROP LEG HOLSTER
17. PISTOL
18. ASSAULT RIFLE
19. RIFLE SLING
20. HEADSET
21. COMBAT BOOTS (ONE PAIR)

Doom Movie Pics!

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:34 pm

very cool figure

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:36 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
very cool figure
Indeed Dal!

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Breeches Buoy

PostSubject: Re: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:04 pm

Very cool! I grew up playing Doom and when they made the movie I couldn't wait to see it. The figure looks very detailed and a good likeness of Karl, who is fast becoming one of my favourite actors after Doom, Star Trek where he played Bones and Dredd 3D. Can't wait what role he does next!

I'm guessing this set doesn't come with the BFG because he didn't use it in the film! The assault rifle is still a cool weapon!

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:35 pm

peterodgers wrote:
Very cool!  I grew up playing Doom and when they made the movie I couldn't wait to see it.  The figure looks very detailed and a good likeness of Karl, who is fast becoming one of my favourite actors after Doom, Star Trek where he played Bones and Dredd 3D.  Can't wait what role he does next!

I'm guessing this set doesn't come with the BFG because he didn't use it in the film!  The assault rifle is still a cool weapon!
This is all great! Nope, unfortunately the BFG is not included Mad 

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: I got him!   Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:03 am

BIG NEWZ Shocked I finally bought him and just acquired the VTS Dark Soldier from Echo Base Toys yesterday Exclamation  I must say he is a difficult figure to assemble but he is quite awesome and I am happy about his likeness and to finally have an unofficial figure from the Doom movie Cool I plan on taking pics in the near future and writing a cool story for him.

Stay tuned as I hope to have a continuation soon Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:07 am

good news indeed mate!, looking forward to the future pics cheers

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:11 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
good news indeed mate!, looking forward to the future pics cheers

Thanks Dal, that is great Very Happy

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Well done on getting that figure! Cool

I think the manufacturers can't make the detail any better than this. The detail is as good as it can get now, except for a feeding and health option to be added, similar to those digital - 'Tamagotchi' personal pets!

I used to have 'DOOM' running on a Sega Genesis 32X, via a special 32bit Cartridge, it was a very creepy game that kept the stress levels high (bad for oldies like me).

I've still got an  old 'DOOM III' for the first Xbox. I'm trying to shift out my whole Xbox collection.

I gave up playing computer games over 3 years ago, if I watch one these days it makes me ill!  Shocked

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:58 am

clivvers wrote:
Well done on getting that figure! Cool

I think the manufacturers can't make the detail any better than this. The detail is as good as it can get now, except for a feeding and health option to be added, similar to those digital - 'Tamagotchi' personal pets!

I used to have 'DOOM' running on a Sega Genesis 32X, via a special 32bit Cartridge, it was a very creepy game that kept the stress levels high (bad for oldies like me).

I've still got an  old 'DOOM III' for the first Xbox. I'm trying to shift out my whole Xbox collection.

I gave up playing computer games over 3 years ago, if I watch one these days it makes me ill!  Shocked

Thanks!

Oh yeah, Doom is one of My all-time favorite games and it was dandy on the 32X cartridge but rocks on the old PC and Doom 3 for PC is great! Like 1/6 figures, PC FPS games is 4-ever IMO!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

VTS Dark Soldier: Inspired DOOM Film's Karl Urban/John "Reaper" Grimm UPDATED 10/4/14!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1