ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DUKW Windscreen Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

DUKW Windscreen Question Empty
PostSubject: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:09 pm

can anyone tell me if the windscreens on the infantry support jeep fit onto  the dukw, as i have 2 jeeps with windscreens and 1 dukw without and would swap 1 over to do in the mean-time until i get a proper 1  cheers jim
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:14 pm

I am not too sure, maybe you could measure them and compare?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 1:26 pm

The Infantry Support Jeep Windscreen will definitely NOT fit on the Palitoy Action Man Duck which is Blue with a Grey Plastic Windscreen which is rigid and does not fold down.
DUKW Windscreen Question $(KGrHqVHJEQFGSDlcLmpBRtLJHRnBQ~~60_35
However I am wondering if you are actually asking if the ISJ Windscreen will transfer to the Cherilea Seep, often erroneously called a DUKW, which is green and roughly the same size as a jeep?
DUKW Windscreen Question TheLakes226
Back to top Go down
vam78
New Recruit
vam78

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:53 pm

Both Cherilea and Palitoy had different types of windscreens on their vehicles.

There is no guarantee that the windscreens will be compatible even if your vehicles are from the same brand.
Back to top Go down
vam78
New Recruit
vam78

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 4:59 pm

The green DUKW in the second post is named the "amphibious jeep" (made by Cherilea) -and looks much more like the true type DUKW-.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 7:44 pm

vam78 wrote:

There is no guarantee that the windscreens will be compatible even if your vehicles are from the same brand.
I thought that was what someone bearing a striking resemblance to myself already said? What a Face 

vam78 wrote:
The green DUKW in the second post is named the "amphibious jeep" (made by Cherilea) -and looks much more like the true type DUKW-.
Actually the "Green DUKW" as you call it is correctly named the "amphibious jeep" (aka Seep) by Cherilea and is a fairly accurate representation of what it claims to be a Seep/Amphibious Jeep the Palitoy DUKW apart from the scale/size is fairly accurate representation of a DUKW Amphibious Lorry and I can speak from first hand experience in that as I have actually driven one! The big difference and distinguisher is the twin rear axles.
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 pm

Either way I would like a seep

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenDUKW Windscreen Question G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Ddaydawson
Painted Head
Ddaydawson

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:05 am

Hope this isn't out of place. I thought I might give you an idea to make your own windscreen.

There are some excellent clear plastic items available these days to make your own windscreens. As a welder I use the clear plastic used to cover welding lenses in the welding helmet to make all sorts of items, these make excellent windscreens. Screen protectors from iphones etc are also great to use for gas mask eye as you can cut them easily.

Hope it helps.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:14 am

superb tips mate !
Back to top Go down
vam78
New Recruit
vam78

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:46 am

Winch wrote:
vam78 wrote:

I thought that was what someone bearing a striking resemblance to myself already said? What a Face 

Actually not. You do not seem to understand,so I'll explain. You 're writing about the specific difference of the windscreens of both vehicles. I wrote that both Palitoy and Cherilea use different kind of windscreens on their vehicels (so generally speaking ).

vam78 wrote:
Actually the "Green DUKW" as you call it is correctly named the "amphibious jeep" (aka Seep) by Cherilea and is a fairly accurate representation of what it claims to be ...
As I wrote. lol! 

Good idea Ddaydawson ! Thanks for posting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 2:06 pm

DUKW Windscreen Question Idontt10
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:12 pm

i am sorry i should have taken pics before asking the question ,1 actionman2272 i measured them they are different sizes 2 winch you are right i do mean  the green one and not the blue one. 3 vam 78  i have removed it and it is smaller than the amphibious jeep one ,4 ddaydawson thanks for the advice mate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 12:15 pm

That is a real shame that they are different sizes Sad , unfortunately this is usually the case Sad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DUKW Windscreen Question   DUKW Windscreen Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DUKW Windscreen Question
Page 1 of 1