Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What's it all about???????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: What's it all about???????   Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:18 am

Back In August our current landlady dropped a bomb, she needed to come back from Spain as her son's fee payibg school had gone bust. Despite the fact we hace been paying £1930.00 per month for an inclusive rent she was also charging us £750.00 for extra utility bills!!!! Not seeing how this could be fair, or legal armed with our signed contract Sara and I went to the housing department at the council to see their legal team. And very good they were too. The twenty five year old behind the desk was a mix between a Yorkshire Terrier and a Rottweiler. Lol. She had made every mistake under the sun and he wanted to pursue her for us lol. Armed with his advice we decided we'd better contact her

We sent an email highlighting the inclusive nature of the rent and also highlighted that as she hadn't secured our deposit in a Tenancy Depisit Scheme she could be liable to paying us up to three times our deposit in compensation (ouch). We kept in reserve the fact that she hadn't given us legal notice as we might have needed to have stayed longer whilst we found a home. This would not have gone down well.

Well, after many prayers and lots of visualisation plus Sara's determination trawling Gumtree and Estate agents last Thursday we found a really fantastic house with a cheaper rent a great landlady (from the contact we have had with her) an open fire, four bedrooms (we are still fighting to adopt and this will be a great help) and a little garden plus space to have my VAM display cabinet :-)

Well, that was that........ Until justdicks (justrisks) the estate agents checking agents got in contact. We had to pay £330.00 for them to prove we were a safe bet to pay the rent and we also needed to be earning over £45k or have a guarantor who earns over £55k i din't earn £45k so also had to pay another £75.00 for the pleasure of finding someone who earns £55k and the asking them to be a gaurantor :-( (angry face) Bloody ridiculous!!!!!!  We have been renting for five years, paying higher rents than the house we have just found and have NEVER missed a payment. What's more our landladies would have been happy to sign to that effect and wouldn't have  charged a penny. 

So what with a 
six week deposit.         £2.250
Months rent up front £1,500
Search fee.                      £405
Checking out fee.              £75

They will have £4,230 upfront 
We will also need to pay £395.00 very cheap remover who have moved us three times and find money for new furniture as we currently rent furnished and whilst we have some stuff in storage we'll need to get other bits.

So whilst I'm very happy and excited to have found somewhere really nice and I'm determined to keep my VAM now as once we have paid all this money we'll be loads better off I just don't understand what the rental market is all about.... Feels like getting as much money out of you at a time you can least afford it and unlike when we owned our house (or the bank did) we have had to move when the landlady wants the house rather than out if choice. It's an odd world

RANT OVER :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: What's it all about???????   Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:28 am

Wow all kinds of legal crap to wade through... Rant away...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ghost recon
SAS Underwater Attack

PostSubject: Re: What's it all about???????   Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:31 am

Mark sorry for all your troubles. It'll come right , Sooner rather than later I hope !!

The trouble is Mark , Money talks whilst morality walks !

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's it all about???????   

Back to top Go down

What's it all about???????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: