ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joe pops up in latest toy story ??

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Empty
PostSubject: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 9:45 am

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 10:05 am

Having read the points made by the Joe report, it is clear that Joe makers missed a clear opportunity to re launch Joe !, crazy when you think how much money this could/would have generated for them by simply allowing the name Joe to be used. A chance for a new generation of children to have the fun we all had with our childhood hero cheers 

It made me think back to the first Toy Story movie, and how Joe was not used ??, how cool would it have been to have had Joe and Action Man team up, and maybe help Buzz & Woody escape Sid's house ?, who would have been your choice's for voices of Action Man and Joe had this have happened ?

for me, I think,

Tom Mison for Action Man (sleepy hollow TV series)

Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Tom%20Mison%20-%20by%20Charlie%20Carter.preview

Jensen Ackles for G.I.Joe (Supernatural TV series)

Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? -Jensen-jensen-ackles-30582740-750-956

Lets see who you guys would pick for fun ??
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Hugh Grant might have made a good voice over for Action Man, with Bruce Willis for GI Joe. Hmmm - what a coincidence - isn't Bruce in the next GI Joe movie? lol

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Sly Stallone &
Arnold Schwarzenegger... lol!

I be back.... Very Happy  
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:04 pm

On the subject of Hasbro not licensing Pixar with GI Joe. There must have been a reason why as they licensed Mr Potato Head and have been credited for such in the titles of 1,2 and 3 and even in the halloween special which i watched with the kiddies yesterday Smile

I think they may have held back for a reason ???

Maybe they didnt want to quash the 50th anniversary with an overshadowed Toy Story spin off and when you check the date of the 1st one its the same time as the 40th anniversary >?

What you reckon ?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:26 pm

you could be on to something there Dan, but it that was the case, why not have used the Pixar platform to re launch G.I.Joe with a new set?
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:33 pm

I've not been able to figure Hasbro out for years. Maybe they didn't allow GI Joe i nthe Toy Story films as they were planning a CGI movie of their own, but maybe that was shelved for some reason for the live action GI Joe movies.

Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:21 pm

actionman2272 wrote:
you could be on to something there Dan, but it that was the case, why not have used the Pixar platform to re launch G.I.Joe with a new set?
Well thats just it isnt it Dal ????

The only conclusion i can come to is something along the lines of what "peterodgers" has said below

peterodgers wrote:
I've not been able to figure Hasbro out for years.  Maybe they didn't allow GI Joe i nthe Toy Story films as they were planning a CGI movie of their own, but maybe that was shelved for some reason for the live action GI Joe movies.
Maybe as he says the first one was around the time of the making of the GI Joe film that got delayed for an extra year. Its not unreasonable to assume that they thought the film would be a much bigger hit than it sadly was.
Therefore didnt want to overshadow any figure release.

I think this year they released another GI Joe film and all the figures that went with that too and coupled with the 50th Anniversary coming up (Which im just wishing and hoping that something big is going to take place) but isnt there a Toy Story 4 coming out next year which is again the 50th anniversary year ???

Im just clutching at straws here but one things for certain there is a reason but i cant see it being anything snotty otherwise they wouldnt have sanctioned any use of their brand name. Mr potato head has been revamped since the films i was looking it up and Toy story was the kick it needed and thats what gave them the idea for darth Tater etc .................................................
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:37 pm

I think you have it there Danny, lets just hope something big is planned for Joe's 50th cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe pops up in latest toy story ??   Joe pops up in latest toy story ?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe pops up in latest toy story ??
Page 1 of 1