Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
French Resistance
Hawkeye

Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers Empty
PostSubject: Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers   Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers:-

I was getting tired of all my pistol holsters missing the plastic nubs for fastening the cover flap down so started to look for an alternative, I have come up with this little cheap way to do the job, thought others may find it useful.
I found these chain bait stoppers in my fishing bag, they are used to stop pellet and boilie baits from falling off fishing lines, they work fantastic as replacement nubs, see the photo's and let me know what you think

PS the ones pictured can be purchased from Boyes at 50p a pack of 10 strips so really nice and cheap

Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers 20131028_153151_zps8b316d59
Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers 20131028_152935_zps46787659
Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers 20131028_152927_zps55682793
Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers 20131028_152740_zpsf8c350e0
Back to top Go down
PH5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)

PostSubject: Re: Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers   Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:12 pm

I have had success using part of the popper from a scrap uniform to form a nub on a holster, it was just glued to the inside of body of the holster.

When I next get to York I will have a look in Boyes for those chain bait stoppers.

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers   Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 3:15 pm

fantastic idea !!

French Resistance
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers   Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:59 pm

PH5121 wrote:
I have had success using part of the popper from a scrap uniform to form a nub on a holster, it was just glued to the inside of body of the holster.

When I next get to York I will have a look in Boyes for those chain bait stoppers.

Good idea with the press stud popper cheers 

Idea  Another tip when looking for the chain bait stoppers, check the packs for larger beads as the sizes do vary as you can see in the pictures and the smaller beads arn't much cop, also I use a pair of nail clippers to cut off 2 beads for each nub, we have a Boyes in Northallerton if your anywhere near
cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for clivvers MAM nation"

PostSubject: Re: Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers   Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:02 pm

Great idea!!! Smile 

Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers 36802940025_0f91338ef6_o
Back to top Go down
http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Hawkeye
French Resistance
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers   Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 7:14 pm

Thanks for the intrest maybe if you look at your local fishing tackle shops you may find better types of these chain bait stoppers preferably a little bit bigger would be great cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers   Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheap repair for missing holster nubs using chain bait stoppers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Help and Advice :: Repair-
Jump to: