ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter

Go down 
+5
Captian action
inntruderr61
AManfromcoalville
BAMComix
somekindajoe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Empty
PostSubject: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 6:10 am

Thanks to GIBill I've finally got a uniform I've been after for ages....

The GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter.

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter IMG_2349_zps929e2661

This is a modern repro (probably the masterpiece edition) of the 1967 set. Quite a sought after uni in vintage due to it's short production run.

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter IMG_2351_zpsfa9a71cd

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter IMG_2353_zps433364ff

Just a repackaging of existing kit really but who wouldn't have loved it as a kid..it comes with a knuckle knife, Machete, Colt .45, M16 and Flame Thrower so he's more than ready for battle!

Shock Horror:affraid:  I didn't have a spare 40th Joe to put the uni on so here's a crew cut modelling it..

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter IMG_2354_zpsc40b7d2e

...and in praise of the whole repro concept here's the MJF and Magnum sets...

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter IMG_2358_zpsf936ca88

two rare, megabucks sets that I'd never afford in vintage but can own minty in repro.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 6:14 am

Quality Steve, very envious mate cheers . Now when are you sending them to me ??? lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
AManfromcoalville
Flock Head
AManfromcoalville

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 7:32 am

Su uuuuuuuu perb!!! cheers cheers cheers 

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 8:53 am

very nice another on the wanted list
whats the clear dog tag
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:12 am

snow white wrote:
whats the clear dog tag
Clear version of the AM talking commander tags. Someone on the old UAMHQ made them. Can't remember who right now..I'll get back to you!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:14 am

thanks they look great id like one of them
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:48 am

Nice! cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 1:40 pm

SKJ  He looks great!  Nice set up!

I have a very similar setup on a 40th Joe, it was the '97 convention premium that I have, the difference I  noticed is that the GI JOE and USMC are opposite???  I'm certain mine came from the convention, I was there, and bought the exclusive package.  I have since sold the tank and other goodies, but I managed to keep the uniform and bashed it just last year, expecting that I'll be waiting a very long time for an original.

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter 100_3178
GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter 100_3177

Rick
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 6:06 pm

Great looking figure you have there Rick...we both went for an auburn haired Joe! lol! 

Bill says mine is the James DeSimone reproduction set. Do you know anything about this?

joeman wrote:
the difference I  noticed is that the GI JOE and USMC are opposite???  
Every picture I see has the two badges the opposite way around to mine. Either they are all wrong or mine is unique!lol! 

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 7:54 pm

SKJ, Mine is surely the convention one, maybe DeSimone had some left over and reversed the badges to differentiate it. Only a guess, but it is not unlikely. Our 2 guys are so similar, it's like a mirror image!

Rick
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 8:29 pm

great figure Rick ! cheers 
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:10 am

I have no jungle fighter yet... Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:29 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
I have no jungle fighter yet... Crying or Very sad 
me either Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenGI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:39 am

Quality figures guys!!! Shame this uni isn't more easily available it looks fantastic!

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Volgan10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Collection   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 5:30 am

Nice jungle marine,like it.
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Very nice Steve. Pleased to see you've finally caught that fish lol.

Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:04 pm

now that's another one I will try and get
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 10:55 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
snow white wrote:
whats the clear dog tag
Clear version of the AM talking commander tags. Someone on the old UAMHQ made them. Can't remember who right now..I'll get back to you!

Actiongary if memory serves.
They we're excellent and very well made.  cheers 

PostSubject: Re: GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter   GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GI Joe Marine Jungle Fighter
Page 1 of 1