Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gibri
Talking Commander

PostSubject: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:53 pm

With many, many thanks to Andy/ak615. I got it:  Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973!!!

This is my first post in this section and my first Action Man vehicle!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Andy read that I was looking for one in my interview and found this one for me. He even found a couple of the missing parts it needed. Complete and in very nice shape. This one will be a fun restoration as it mostly just needs a gentle cleaning. The hardest part will be reattaching the front bumper and a couple bits are broken, tailgate tabs and trailer hitch, minor stuff, but otherwise in beautiful shape. The paper stickers are all in very nice shape and clean.

Actually, this vehicle is perfect for me. I didn't want to spend a mint on a perfect one, didn't want a box, but this one will look perfect when I get it cleaned and put together. Plus I can still play with it. Smile

Thanks, Andy!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

The figures (Uniforms and bodies) are all VAM40. The Mountaineer and Officer have reflocked (Action Burt) vintage AM heads

Last edited by gibri on Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:57 pm

well done Bri ! and well done to Andy ! it is awesome when we can help each other out ,the landy looks in fab condition mate and with your restoration skills, it will be looking as good as new in no time Very Happy . Well done guys cheers cheers cheers 

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:58 pm

Awesome figures too Bri Very Happy 

Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Thanks, Dal, I'm real excited to get to work on this. Not much work though, I just want to clean it and put it back together. No where near as much work as you are doing on your custom.

If I get ambitious, I may look into putting a cloth top on it.

Thanks,
Brian
Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:13 pm

that would be a nice touch, there is a picture of a prototype landy rover picture here on the site cheers 

Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:47 pm

Yeah, I think it's the one Vaughn got from Bob B. That got my attention when I was looking at Vaughn's collection. It's a beauty!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snow white
Green Beret

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:12 pm

looks like a nice easy resto its gonna look great

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 pm

I've never seen an Action Man Land Rover before its even got the Land Rover logo, it won't take a lot to fix it up!

I did get stuck behind a real one just like that the other week on my way home on the country road with a long line of cars waiting to overtake as it couldn't do more that 40 mph...Razz

I'm sure yours will go much faster though once it has been fixed up! cheers 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SlackElastic
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:25 pm

get going on the resto!! can't beat a VAM land rover! Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/el_slackelastic/
somekindajoe
Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:42 pm

A great AM vehicle. My cousin got one around 1973 too. A British Landrover just felt better than an American Jeep for AM to drive about in.

It was around at the same time as the Evel Kenevel toy and I remember my cousin's Land Rover made a few death defying jumps and had a few spectacular crashes!

Nice addition Brian and well done Andy.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 am

Congrats on your first vam vehicle post, Brian! Smile 

Your Landy is looking good!!! well done ak615. The Landy is a fine vehicle (The best of British) I always think of safaris and adventures when I see a vintage Land Rover Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Ddaydawson
Flock Head

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:04 am

Fantastic. That's a great pick up. I am jealous, I would love to have one of those. Well that's it, that's my next goal, I will have to search high and low for a Landy. Postage costs to Australia ill be the killer but I so badly want one of those.
Well done on getting such a great piece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibri
Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:28 am

Thanks very much, guys! Now if my wife will stop coming up with other things for me to do, maybe I can get started on this. Laughing 

I hear ya, SKJ, this is so much better than a jeep for Action Man. It just feels right.

Clive, I remember those old African Safari shows on television with the Land Rovers, very cool!

I was watching an old episode of The Professionals on Youtube (never had that show here in the States) and they had a nice military Land Rover in camo. with cloth top -- awesome!

Thanks again!!!

Brian
cheers bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TALLY HO
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:33 pm

great addition ........well done AK for finding it for him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
action bob
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:46 am

That's a great looking vehicle, always wanted one, look forward to the completed pics of the vehicle Very Happy 

PJ
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibri
Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Thanks for the great replies, guys! Very Happy 

Not much too this, really. I was amazed at how clean this vehicle was after over 40 years. I've cleaned up a lot of dirt, dried leaves, spider webs, grease, grime and mysterious residue from old vehicles but this one was just...clean. A little dust and dirt in the floorboards, but the undercarriage was spotless. I don't think I've ever one in such nice shape.

It was played with, though. You can see the stress marks on the front bumper from whoever owned it bashing it into things and the bumper had been broken off. Of course this is what you want in an old toy (to a limited extent Wink ) a sign that some kid had fun with it. Laughing 

You can see where somebody had already tried to fix the bumper. I didn't get good shots of it, but I spent some time with a knife and chisel cleaning off the old glue. I also cleaned up the parts from the bumper with chisel, knife and filing board. The filing board is a great tip I picked up from the boards. They work great for modeling and filing in small areas. My wife was a little concerned when she saw one of these manicure boards on my work bench (course there's many a time she's been concerned about my sanity -- just goes with the territory of being married to an AM collector and modeller, I think she's getting used to it) but the condition the board was in after I was through convinced her. It was pretty torn up battered and broken. Anyway, the board has 7 levels of grit to get a lady's nails polished to perfection. It also works a treat to polish plastic parts for modeling. Start with the heavy grit to sand smooth, then use progressively smoother grits till the end when it is shiny and new. Worth the time and effort.

Here it is with a couple of the lads from another section.

And again, a hugh Thank You!!! to Andy for finding and sending this to me! I am thrilled with it and would never have gotten it without your help, Thanks, Andy!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Brian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tof
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:25 pm

wonderfull job Gribi, excellent idea for the wheels and the frame.I'll try this with my next one!!thanks

View user profile http://forumdugroupactionjoe.xooit.fr/index.php
gibri
Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:52 am

Hi Tof, thanks very much, but I can't take credit for the frame by the wheels. It was already like this.

Brian
Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Looks awesome Brian! cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:48 pm

superb Bri ! cheers 

French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Nice job it looks well smart
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Walter1965
Sabotage

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Outstanding repairs Brian!! cheers Good thing Andy kept all of the parts together...She looks Wonderful!! Walter
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Walts-16-figures-746793052029123/
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:56 pm

I've always admired your restoration projects, Brian! Top work again! cheers 

I think twin aerials would lood pretty decent on the back of your Landy Wink 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
gibri
Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:57 am

Thanks very much, guys, I really appreciate your comments!

Cool idea, Clive, do you have any photo references?

Thanks,
Brian
Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Actionmatt
Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:15 pm

well done, looks like a good job. Especially like the engine bay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added   

Back to top Go down

Action Man Landrover by Palitoy, 1973 -- New pics added
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next