Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
action-johnny
Flock Head (Hard Hands)

PostSubject: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Did I dream it or am I going crazy. I swear there was an advert in the UK for 'Spider-Man Comics Weekly' back in 1973. I'm sure it showed Spidey coming down, picking up the free gift mask, holding it on his hand and giving it a look over before clearing off.
I can't find any reference to it anywhere on the net. Did this happen or is it all a figment of my imagination? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
action-johnny
Flock Head (Hard Hands)

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:03 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Nice Upload  Very Happy Very Happy 

somekindajoe
Russian Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:04 pm

Good question John and I know what you mean about did you remember it or was it a figment of your imagination because I'm the same!

I clearly remember the TV ad for Mighty World of Marvel. It featured the comic's front cover and a voice over naming the characters. I seem to remember the Spidey ad being very similar. An opening shot of the front cover zooming into the pic of spiderman on his web (originally from the US Spiderman #19) with a bit of voice over about the mask free gift.

It's our age John, our memory is going!  lol! Any other 50 something comic fans on the forum have a clearer recollection of the ad??  Rolling Eyes 

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
action-johnny
Flock Head (Hard Hands)

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:17 pm

Thank you for that Steve, I'm glad there were ads for these as I was beginning to think I imagined the whole thing! Obviously I seen the image of Spidey swinging and put it into some kind of 'live action' sequence in my mind!
Another question on the same theme, the poster from the coupons in SCW #10, looks like a photo, is it a fella in a Spidey costume? Maybe it's some kind of statue/model? Pre-dates the mid-70's films so guessing it's one of the bullpen?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 pm

affraid  I have never seen that poster before in my life!!

I didn't get SMCW as I was pretty much up to date with Spidey via the US mags but friends of mine did. Don't ever remember any of them having that poster either.

Do you still have your original?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
action-johnny
Flock Head (Hard Hands)

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:40 pm

Yes I still have it Steve. It is one of the rarest UK Marvel related items, I don't think that many people actually sent for it, including myself. I got mine off a mate back in the 80's when I was a teenager after spotting it in his cupboard with some old UK Marvels. He promptly handed it to me when I said I'd like to get hold of one. Even he never sent the coupons away, he got it via Marvel after writing them a letter asking for the MWOM one! I guess they were that overrun with spares because when US Marvel were doing the 'Value Stamps' in the 70's issues they gave that poster to buyers of the value stamp booklet....here's what was written about it on a USA ebay auction for the poster....
Up for auction is an item not many collectors are aware of. When a fan bought a Marvel Value Stamp booklet from the comic ads, way back in 1973, this poster was sent along with it as a bonus. They quickly ran out in several months and stopped including it. If you have a 1973 Marvel Value Stamp Book (The white cover) then you need this poster to make it complete. It is 18 X 26 inches and folded from its mailing. It is in Very Fine condition.

It even has 'Magazine Management, London 1973' printed at the bottom of the poster, this must have confused a lot of USA readers!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
somekindajoe
Russian Infantry

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Wow John...all new to me!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:21 am

great upload fella's  cheers 

PostSubject: Re: Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?   

Back to top Go down

Spider-Man Comics Weekly TV Advert 1973?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1