Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

its in the sun so it must be true !!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TALLY HO
Artic Explorer

PostSubject: its in the sun so it must be true !!!!    Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:39 pm

Reading the sun today there is an article about the effect of "Action man type dolls " help form kids opinions on war and attitudes towards our armed forces .it says kids with HM armed forces toys and Adults who had action man will be quizzed , in a £500,000 survey , what do you think ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: its in the sun so it must be true !!!!    Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:55 pm

sounds good to me bounce 

Talking Commander

PostSubject: Re: its in the sun so it must be true !!!!    Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:26 pm

I think there are better things to spend £500K on!

I also think the average member of this forum, having grown up playing with Action Man, has a better outlook on our armed forces and war than the average politician.

Unlike said politicians, I've no doubt the average forum member has a deep respect for our armed forces and wouldn't so readily send them to fight in wars of such dubious motives as the last few have been.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: its in the sun so it must be true !!!!    Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:29 pm

oops, mis read the post, it is going to cost £500K they would be better off donating that kind of cash to the armed forces men, women and families who protect us everyday !

BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: its in the sun so it must be true !!!!    Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:18 pm

I have to agree with somekindajoe!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winch
Flock Head

PostSubject: Re: its in the sun so it must be true !!!!    Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:25 pm

The same research project is reported in the Daily Mail I was asked how I felt about it last night on Facebook by Mark Otnes of the Joe Report so you can probably expect to see a Joe Report on this soon! Wink

I have mixed feelings to be truthful the results will make for interesting reading although I suspect that the results will be skewed because kids likely to have anti forces feelings either won't want to play with the figures or won't be allowed to by their parents. I'm sure far more has been spent researching Barbies effects on young girls with reference to eating disorders, unachieveable body images, premature sexualisation etc.

Winch

"Fear not my Lord for Baldrick has a cunning plan!" Twisted Evil

Check out my range of Repro and Custom Items for Action Man and similar 1/6th Scale Figures including many unique items not available anywhere else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: its in the sun so it must be true !!!!    Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:50 pm

PostSubject: Re: its in the sun so it must be true !!!!    

Back to top Go down

its in the sun so it must be true !!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1