Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

AL Murray-Watching War Films With My Dad-Book.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shellshocked
New Recruit

PostSubject: AL Murray-Watching War Films With My Dad-Book.   Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:30 pm

Not sure if this is the correct place for this but, Funny man Al Murray was on an Irish radio station the other day promoting a gig. Anyway, it turns out he has a book out called 'Watching War Films With My Dad'. As the name suggests it is a bit of personal nostalgia on Murray's part but sounds like a good read. His Dad used to freak out at the inaccuracies in War movies, as I'm sure many of us still do, and Murray seems to have the same issue. I find myself grinding my teeth when I look at a movie where something is glaringly incorrect e.g. the wrong tanks etc. In the interview he also made reference to Action Man.....sadly referring to him as a Dolly! It was in jest I reckon and even one of the presenters defended our boy by pointing out that a bearded AM could never be called a dolly! The interview was a bit too short but I'll stick a link here anyway.

http://www.todayfm.com/player/podcasts/The_Ray_DArcy_Show/Ray_DArcy_Show/6718/2/al_murray

Hope it works.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: AL Murray-Watching War Films With My Dad-Book.   Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:52 am

Dolly! Shocked 
That was at the 10:15 mark...
Thanks for sharing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cappy
Action Sailor

PostSubject: Re: AL Murray-Watching War Films With My Dad-Book.   Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:20 am

I heard him on Radio 2 talking about this. When Modellers Loft was in Caterham, he was in there one day when I was there and he was buying some 40th sets.

Winch
Flock Head

PostSubject: Re: AL Murray-Watching War Films With My Dad-Book.   Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:43 am

I got this book as my Birthday present or rather it was pre-ordered from Amazon for my birthday but arrived on release day about a month later in October there is actually a whole chapter dedicated to Action Man in there and some photos of the DiD Monty figure who accompanies Al when he's on the road. I was waiting until I finished reading it before posting a review but had a lot of other things on recently so not finished it yet.

Winch

"Fear not my Lord for Baldrick has a cunning plan!" Twisted Evil

Check out my range of Repro and Custom Items for Action Man and similar 1/6th Scale Figures including many unique items not available anywhere else. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TALLY HO
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: AL Murray-Watching War Films With My Dad-Book.   Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:48 pm

he was on ITV loose women today my wife tells me and he was talking about ACTION MAN and his new book ...its the last 15 mins of the show if you watch it on itv player
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AL Murray-Watching War Films With My Dad-Book.   

Back to top Go down

AL Murray-Watching War Films With My Dad-Book.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1