Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
Canadian Mounted Police

PostSubject: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:00 am

Looking forward to saying goodbye to 2013. 

There have been some high points. I was finally prescribed Anti-TNF arthritis drugs which after a very shakey beginning with a series of really nasty infections have really helped. I was at the point of despair having been in pain from a UTI, kidney, double eye and throat infections when Richard (Beatle fan) arranged to visit. The day before he was coming Sara and I had some desperately sad news that we weren't going to be recommended to adopt. The reasons seemed to shift but what it came down to was concerns about my 13 year old step twins. The adoption process itself was appalling and no matter what we said to reassure the social worker it just didn't have an impact they seemed determined to see what they wanted. A classic point was when they told Sara she was obese! Not a great thing to say to a women. The Social Work manager even asked if she ever exercised. I laughed as it was ridiculous. Sara is a size 14 and is no way fat and exercises by either walking, swimming or yoga most days. When we checked into it her doctor. on her medical form had her down as 5"4' instead of her actual 5"11' so in fact she was the right weight for her height. Argh!!!!! Seems so sad that a child who is in need of love, respect an care and a family who can offer that are being obstructed in coming together.

Anyway, I was going to cancel Santa Richard as I felt so awful but Sara said not to as I needed to see a friendly face. I'm really glad I didn't cancel as he came with such wonderful gifts from my AMMO buddies from all over the world. This site really is amazing and the kindness of you great people has seen me through some dark days. I naturally withdraw when I'm struggling and when I have felt down and on my own I have been able to go to my VAM cabinet and see that I do matter to some people :-)

Less than a week passed and we were assessing our adoption options when our landlady told us she wanted our house back. She's a bit of a nutter and in spite of paying a huge £1930.00 a month inclusive rent she was going to deduct £750.00 from our deposit as her gas and electricity bills were higher than she thought. She also hadn't given us legal notice. I find housing and moving sooooo stressful and looking back went to a very dark place. We weren't able to find anywhere to live that we could afford and it was really looking like I would need to sell my collection. We were about to sign a contract on a small house a drive away from Jemma's school which wouldn't have been big enough for my cabinet  and was £1850.00 a month rent with bills and council tax on top. I woke up the night before we were due to sign in blind panic. I'm self employed, quite badly disabled and if I don't work don't get paid and we were about to sign a contract that would put us under greater financial strain. My arthritis flared in my skin and stomach lining, didn't even know that was possible.

Anyway, the next morning our house we now live in fell into Sara's inbox. It hasn't been smooth sailing, there are things that should have been fixed before we moved in and there was a leak and also cat fleas. Thankfully my blood is so toxic they leave me alone but the others have been bitten badly, ouch. On the plus, it's just about  affordable, my cabinet fits great and our new landlady is respectful and is getting the work done that needed to be done. The agents (leaders) have managed to piss both us and her off. That can't be a good business model. Sara always struggles with transition but I really like this house.

During all this, there  was also a rough time for me here on AMMO which thankfully was resolved and my friendships on here mean so much. I won't name names as I'm bown to forget someone crucial buddies

I'm getting back to my old self and feeling happier. Well thanks AMMO and roll on 2014 :-) 

PS. I've also started riding my push bike to work, so hopefully in 2014 I'll be a little lighter and a lot fitter :-) My dad and brother converted my Giant Hybrid to an electric bike with an 8fun kit. It's brilliant and I highly recommend it .
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:24 am

heres to 2014 and a brighter future just over the horizon , all the best mate and i wish happiness and joy and laughter for you and yours in 2014, Love from captain action and the minnions at captain action HQ
xxx

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:20 am

all the best for 2014 Mark !! and everyone else cheers cheers 

Crash Crew

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:35 pm

I hope you both have a good year to come.

View user profile
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:24 pm

All The Best Mark My friend and your family for 2014 and have excellent year cheers cheers cheers 

inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:56 pm

All the best Mark for a great 2014! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:36 am

Best wishes Mark, and good luck for 2014.. from clivvers H.Q. (Patent Pending) and all his 12" troops santa rendeer santa

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Sparkys6887
Canadian Mounted Police

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Thanks all for your great responses, means a lot :-). And I know it's very early but I hope you all have a wonderful 2014 :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Well 2013 will soon be gone Mark! Not long now!
It hasn't been one of my best years either... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Reddragon
Breeches Buoy

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:20 pm

All the best for the future Mark, Happy 2014 to everyone here at AMMO.

”As children we form a bond with our toys and a residue of that feeling remains. We give them life and in return they give us joy and forgetfulness.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)   

Back to top Go down

Goodbye 2013 you won't be missed :-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1