Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Medic

PostSubject: The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot   Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:33 am

I've always been fascinated with Glider Pilots from WWII (hence my username) and wanted to kitbash a figure based on Mike Chappell's illustration from Osprey's "The U.S. Army in WWII;" but the lack of available Officer's service dress uniform prevented this until DiD's "Albert Ross" and "William Bowman." I still have to add a shoulder patch to the Glider Pilot (as well as his Airborne friend) and modify the hat into a true "crusher."

Here two lieutenants, a 9th Air Force Glider Pilot and 17th Airborne Division Paratrooper prepare to celebrate the end of the war in Europe.

Parts:
Glider Pilot
HS: DML "Adam"
"Ike" Jacket: DiD
1LT Bars and "US" Insignia: Lion's Roar
Pilot's Wings and Aviation Insignia: Cotswold (I added a "G" to the Pilot's Wings with a fine tip silver paint pen)
Trousers: DiD
Shirt (Dickey) and Tie: Sideshow
Hat: Cotswold/Gearbox
Shoes: DML
Sunglasses: DML
Cigarette: DML

Paratrooper
HS: BBi
"Pinks and Greens": DiD
Shirt and Tie: DiD
Garrison Cap: DiD
Shoes: DML

(You can just make out the "G" on his wings in the above picture)

-Nate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot   Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:11 am

Superb kitmixing Nate, the detail on those uniforms is very nice!  Very Happy Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot   Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:49 am

fantastic figures ,superbly authentic  king 

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot   Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:51 am

superb Nate !!, you really got the look 100% correct ! op bashing  cheers 

Mine Detection

PostSubject: Re: The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot   Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:23 pm

Oh Yes that is very well put together. perfect selection of parts for this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pachwerk
Eagle Eyes

PostSubject: Re: The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot   Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:50 pm

Another nice one Nate!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glidah Drivah
Medic

PostSubject: Re: The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot   Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:10 pm

I took a few pics of my V-E Day airborne officers for a recent FB thread. Along with the two originally posted, the DiD Band of Brothers makes an appearance.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot   

Back to top Go down

The "G" stands for guts! WWII Glider Pilot
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1