ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

From pilot to sailor

Go down 
+2
BAMComix
Glidah Drivah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

From pilot to sailor Empty
PostSubject: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:14 pm

As a belated Christmas present to myself, I picked up this nice Man of Action from an antiques mall.

From pilot to sailor MOA2_zps0c584805
From pilot to sailor MOA1_zpsb800c1e8
From pilot to sailor MOA15_zpse3f6de5b

He was attired in a very nice KO scramble pilot flightsuit, but being a navy vet, I thought that as a clean-shaven Joe, he would be a nice addition to my 1/6 flotilla. Here he is in a vintage set of dungarees and a KO lifejacket. I still have to get a helmet for him to complete my Navy Attack-esque ensemble.

From pilot to sailor AT2_zps7fd6b01b
From pilot to sailor AT1_zps32d7c892

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 2:42 pm

another awesome find Nate, he looks great as a sailor too  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 5:57 pm

Very cool!

Does the KO flight suit have any sort of tag?
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Very cool!

Does the KO flight suit have any sort of tag?

I'll check. The zipper has "SOK" on it.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 2:35 am

Great find!  Very Happy 
Sailor Joes are my favorites!  cheers 

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 1:09 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
Great find!  Very Happy 
Sailor Joes are my favorites!  cheers 

Ironically enough, it was between him and a nice Action Sailor! I still might pick up the sailor (maybe as a birthday treat!)

-Nate
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:26 am

That's a good find!  Very Happy 

Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 12:58 pm

Great upload Nate, saliors are supeb, great photos  Very Happy Very Happy 

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:14 pm

Decided to put a Cotswold helmet on him to look more the "Navy Attack" part. It's a snug fit over the flock; but I think it looks ok.

From pilot to sailor Joe1_zpsd5cdda94
From pilot to sailor Joe2_zps5ff51f73

Since both the sailor and my Action Man commando are wearing headgear, I thought my Adventure Pilot could use something. It's a beat-up Scramble pilot helmet. I'm hoping to replace the visor and find a helicopter pilot boom mike. I'm not sure if I'll replace the sticker with an AT or AF one.

From pilot to sailor Joe7_zps5ecc1344

-Nate

Last edited by Glidah Drivah on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:39 pm

they all look great
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 2:28 am

snow white wrote:
they all look great

Thanks!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Here's my smallest figure:

From pilot to sailor Indy2_zps2400d16b
From pilot to sailor Indy1_zps911ddaa4

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:28 pm

Fantastic Nate !!
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:05 pm

The "Navy attack" set is coming along nicely!  cheers  You'll probably be wanting the white belt and rifle next?

Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:01 pm

clivvers wrote:
The "Navy attack" set is coming along nicely!  cheers   You'll probably be wanting the white belt and rifle next?

I'm actually going for what they would look like aboard a Naval vessel. I just got the green light to acquire some type of display case; and one shelf will probably be my vintage and modern Navy guys. So imagine all of these put together in a "somewhere in the Pacific" vibe:

From pilot to sailor PICT0945
From pilot to sailor PICT0962
From pilot to sailor PICT0965
From pilot to sailor PICT0967
From pilot to sailor PICT0966
From pilot to sailor Sailor3
From pilot to sailor Sailor2
From pilot to sailor Junemeeting7-Copy_zps87ac3cb8

Not a sailor per se, but one of my favorites. He's an Air Adventurer I picked up nude in an antique store in Maine the weekend my wife and I got engaged. She was the first to spot him, actually! With his blond locks and beard, he looks like one of the Scandinavian lads who served aboard merchant ships getting supplies past the U-boats.
From pilot to sailor IMG_20120729_201456
From pilot to sailor IMG_20120729_201535

Close-up of my Beach Battalion CPO:
From pilot to sailor PICT0939
From pilot to sailor PICT0940

-Nate

Last edited by Glidah Drivah on Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 4:05 pm

you have some awesome figures Nate !, I am looking forward to seeing your future display  cheers 
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 10:28 pm

They all look superb! especially those sailors, the vests look good in that colour cheerscheerscheers

I quite like those modern Joes, I've got a few and one of them is a basic sailor, I've even dressed a HOF figure as one Very Happy

Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 1:34 pm

clivvers wrote:
They all look superb! especially those sailors, the vests look good in that colour cheerscheerscheers

I quite like those modern Joes, I've got a few and one of them is a basic sailor, I've even dressed a HOF figure as one Very Happy

Sailors don't seem to get as much love as their ground pounder brethren, so I always like to add a few. The USN's life jackets in WWII were the dark blue variety, though the grayish khaki ones were also used (they had been more common earlier). The bright orange ones so familiar to vintage Joe and AM collectors were used in the Vietnam era and later.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Just a slight update to this MOA Sailor. the Cotswold helmet was digging into his flock (looks like he annoyed the ship's barber), so I gave him a slightly beat-up Action Soldier one I got in a lot. It's bigger; and won't hurt the flocking. The color doesn't quite match, but Sailors and Coast Guardsmen (especially those involved in amphibious operations) were seen with OD helmets.

From pilot to sailor USN1_zps92ac2f21
From pilot to sailor USN3_zps7f4ee722

With a salty Petty Officer:
From pilot to sailor USN2_zps94b8104b

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 8:13 pm

he fits right in Nate ! top work  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From pilot to sailor   From pilot to sailor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From pilot to sailor
Page 1 of 1