Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

With this post 1974

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: With this post 1974   Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:02 pm

1974 what a year. I was four years old and my oldest sister 13 years older than Me got married. I was devestated at first as i loved her and when they hugged or sat on the sofa i would squeeze between them. It was also when I got my first Action Man. My new brother-in-law gave me his childhood painted head action men about six of them and a very battered Marx Jeep which I loved. I loved him too he had really won me over lol. 

I Was sad When this same Sister got rid of my  entire childhood collection (apart from Tom Stone and my motorbike which were at my dads) just after Jemma was born and before I started collecting. Sadly the Love between us all didn't seem to last and we barely see or speak To each other now. :-( Sadly this sister and another took a dislike to my wife. 

Well roll on 1977 when I get my Tom Stone and 1980
When I get the snow CAT Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: With this post 1974   Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:00 am

Sparkys,

Back then 74-77 all our sisters were getting married at an early age (16) Shocked My sister left school early to have a baby, she was 16.
Brother-in-laws are always someone to look up to, my one used to take me fishing and to the cinema, to see Kung-Fu films  cheers..
I used to drink his left over beer and smoke his fags! lol!

I like to look back to the good days because we are living in sh-tty and uncertain times right now  Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: With this post 1974   Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:16 am

yeah for 1977 & 1980!  cheers 
But sorry to hear your not close with your sis anymore..

I'm the oldest so no brother-in-law stories from the 1970's etc.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: With this post 1974   Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:03 am

My big sis and Brother in law (Trevor (the rev)) who used to take me hot rod racing at Wimbledon. George Polly and Barry Lee :-) They were the first to have a remote control TV (sonic) so when a big lorry passed the tele changed channel. Lol They also were the first to have a video recorder (betamax) and we watched smokey and the bandit whilst eating Chinese food. Trev was the one who got me into commando comics. I also on occasions helped him with his mobile disco. He was great, he looked like the lead singer of Mud. If it were not for him I would never have had a motorbike. They had the fun, flash cars and custom converted vans. My sister was 23 before she had my nephew so I was 10. It was great I finally had a little brother type person to play Action Man or MOTU with. My Nephew's big passion was Star Wars and whilst he liked Action Man he LOVED star wars as much as I LOVED action man.

So many happy memories. I miss him, my big sister too and yet when I told them that I missed them it was greeted with rejection and anger. Boy they must be angry :-(
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: With this post 1974   

Back to top Go down

With this post 1974
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1