Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Human Origins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Breeches Buoy

PostSubject: Human Origins   Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:28 pm

A group of us recently had a relatively cerebral discussion on Human Origins. There have been two recent documentaries on the subject, "Decoding Neanderthals" on PBS' NOVA, and "Sex in the Stone Age" from National Geographic. The NOVA special is (IMHO) superior; and I use clips from it in a few of my classes. Some of the experts are in both documentaries. The problem is that there is no full-length version of the National Geographic documentary in English. There's a Russian-dubbed one on Youtube; and a few short clips on the National Geographic site.

Decoding Neanderthals:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tevSkylmvXk

-Nate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Human Origins   Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Fascinating stuff Nate, I have book marked it to watch it all at a later time. Great upload  cheers 

Green Beret

PostSubject: Re: Human Origins   Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:43 am

Glidah Drivah wrote:
A group of us recently had a relatively cerebral discussion on Human Origins.

'relatively cerebral' We're a bunch of middle aged men who collect dollies so we'll take that as a compliment!  lol! 

All interesting stuff but don't dare try telling me Action Man has one drop of dodgy Mong man/Intruder DNA in him!!  Evil or Very Mad 

..Although I might believe it of Mike Powers...compare the two...see the similarities? Rolling Eyes 

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Human Origins   Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:58 pm

cracking show , but I beg to differ , have 45% Neanderthal dna .........lol

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Human Origins   Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14 pm

middle aged!!! speak for yourself Steve!! Nate and myself are babies compared to you!!  lol! 

PostSubject: Re: Human Origins   

Back to top Go down

Human Origins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1