Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Rustic Sundays

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
Canadian Mounted Police

PostSubject: Rustic Sundays   Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:57 pm

So what's that all about.????

My wife (and I a bit) are always talking about how the kids, especially the teenagers always have their faces glued to a laptop, tablet or phone. Well yesterday we bit the bullet and had a day without gadgets. Well till 7pm.

It was intrresting. Jemma.woke up excited thinking we would sit around playing board games all day and no one else gave it much thought. Fascinatingly for someone's whose childhood was so much about Action Man, war and violence (largely my youngest sister) I'm now a Quaker. So we went to Quakers, without me checking eBay or AMMO :-( It was odd but I managed it. It was also our Children's Meeting Xmas Party (I know a little late) so . We didn't get home till 2.30.....

We all played banana grames, then snap, and then the older children played battle ships (sadly not the electronic version) and then they all played tank command. :-) My plans were scuppered, I thought I'd empty and load the dishwasher then do the ironing whilst listening to the rugby on the radio but it wasn't on. Ok I'll think about VAM photo shoots (if the rain ever stops). Then my wife started to make the dinner. Neither of us like cooking in fact I hate it. Sara does cook pretty well but its not fun. "you lot will only get dinner if I can listen to the archers omnibus on the computer" came the shout from the kitchen. The older kids objected, I didn't care either way, I could always have toast lol Jemma was distressed and couldn't get her head round not eating!!! So we decided that listening to the radio or music, even if it was through a gadget was Ok.

Well 7pm. Came and the gadgets came out..I looked at eBay nothing particularly interesting had happened. Was good to catch up on AMMO  and see what people had been up too. Kids watched a bit of tele, so . did me and Sara then we went to bed.

Will we do it again? Yep. I actually enjoyed it. Was great seeing all the kids playing. Will need to get the retro puck up sticks, crossfire and maybe computer battle ships though :-)

Go on guys give it a go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
sirsidneyruffdiamond
Polar Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Rustic Sundays   Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:11 pm

Fantastic Mark, excellent idea mate.

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Rustic Sundays
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1