Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Repairing VAM bald patches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
PH5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)

Repairing VAM bald patches Empty
PostSubject: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 12:49 pm

I have several heads which need re flocking. In an attempt to save money I decided to patch up a few bald spots to save on the cost of full re flocks.

I read the tip here or on AMHQ to use flock from kaput heads so had a go and it was a success.
I patched up the beard of my adventurer and two eagle eye heads using patches of flock that were still attached to their original adhesive that I had managed to cerfully remove from a doner, and a third EE head by sprinkling flock shavings onto thin patches of 'hair'.

Whilst I was doing this my four year old son walked in, picked up a head that needed flocking and announced in a totally dead pan manner that 'this one is like daddy, it has no hair on top'.
Out of the mouths of babes and all that, my wife laughed so much I thought she was going to have an accident.

And for the record, I do have hair on top, just not the thick covering I had, before we had bl00dy kids!!
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 1:30 pm

sounds like you did a great job mate  cheers 

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 pm

Sounds like a success!  Very Happy 

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Yes it was. I am happy with the results.
I had nothing to lose if it didn't work. They would have just had a full flock.
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Any before and after pictures ?

PH5121

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 8:30 pm

Who, me or the Action men?
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:07 am

Well both if your happy, but I was referring to your VAM  What a Face 

sirsidneyruffdiamond
Polar Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 3:36 am

love to see some pics

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
French Resistance
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:25 pm

Sounds like a sucessful mission I also would like to see the before and after shots if they are available well done  cheers 
Back to top Go down
PH5121

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 1:53 pm

I don't have any before pictures, but when I get sorted with how to post images I will do some after shots.
the only problem is I had a swap around of heads, and other than the adventuer I cannot remember where the patched up heads ended up.

(I am getting closer to being able to post pictures, I have found my old camera and a memory card, just need to get a Photbucket account sorted)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repairing VAM bald patches   Repairing VAM bald patches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Repairing VAM bald patches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Help and Advice :: Repair-
Jump to: