ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Make your own VAM scarf

Go down 
+2
inntruderr61
Paintedhead5121
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

Make your own VAM scarf Empty
PostSubject: Make your own VAM scarf   Make your own VAM scarf Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:15 pm

If like me you struggle to get enough scarves for your troops, you may be interested in something I got at lunch time.

My wife does a bit of needle craft / sewing type stuff and amongst her stuff was some ribbon. Turns out it is called bias binding. I had a look in my local Hobbycraft store at lunch time and found some ideal for making VAM scarves.

It is the same width as a proper scarf and is olive green. They describe it as 25mm but it is narrower as it is folded over at the edges. The cost was only £2.00 for enough to make at least 10 scarves.

There was a wide choice of colours that would be suitable for BoB and helicopter pilots and Afrika Korps etc too.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Make your own VAM scarf   Make your own VAM scarf Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:18 pm

Sounds like you hit the jackpot! I would love to see pics after you make some... Very Happy 

Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

PostSubject: Re: Make your own VAM scarf   Make your own VAM scarf Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:34 pm

Yep I use that stuff for scarves, you can get it in various colours so you can also make Helicopter Pilot orange scarves.

Make your own VAM scarf DSC_0705

Make your own VAM scarf DSC_0418

Make your own VAM scarf DSC_0096

Make your own VAM scarf DSC_0095

Make your own VAM scarf DSC_0094

Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

PostSubject: Re: Make your own VAM scarf   Make your own VAM scarf Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:49 pm

Thats the stuff!

The only difference is that the green I got looks to be a different shade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Make your own VAM scarf   Make your own VAM scarf Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:36 pm

looks great
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Make your own VAM scarf   Make your own VAM scarf Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:09 pm

awesome tip guys !!
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Make your own VAM scarf   Make your own VAM scarf Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:57 am

great tip ,I do always struggle on the scarve front ,that's me straight down the local haberdasher's

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenMake your own VAM scarf G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Make your own VAM scarf   Make your own VAM scarf Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Thats a great tip, I will have to look out for some of it Cheers for the post  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make your own VAM scarf   Make your own VAM scarf Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make your own VAM scarf
Page 1 of 1