ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mike Power comes in from the cold.

Go down 
+15
blueboxier
Professor Gangrene Fan
gibri
JohnnyE4
inntruderr61
Beatlefan
Wolf_Soldier64
Jet-
clivvers
TheOneManKid
Glidah Drivah
action bob
Reddragon
BAMComix
somekindajoe
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Empty
PostSubject: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:51 pm

It's no secret that I'm not a big fan of the 'Action man Team'. I've always viewed the likes of Atomic man, Bullet man and the Intruder as the beginning of the end for Action Man. Having grown up in the early 70's, in what I'd consider Action Man's golden age, it was easy to look down on these comical character inflicted on Palitoy by a clueless Ha$bro. The fact that my outgrowing of AM coincided with thier introduction just served to reinforce my opinions.

Well thats the official party line here at SKJ HQ but a little while ago Dal was looking at some of my childhood VAM pics and noticed.....Mike Power!

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Dad8
Large as life..front right!

So, in the spirit of reconciliation and forgiveness that seems so popular now days I have to say..

My name's Somekindajoe and I own an Atomic Man!

Do I feel better for comming clean? Not really! Mike was probably one of the last AM I ever bought and I got him more out of morbid curiosity than anything else. It's not even like he fitted in or anything, he didn't get along with Joe for a start!

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Dad9

Mike's jump suit looked better on Hank too!

]come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Dad5

So to tell the truth I'm pretty unrepetent about trying to airbrush Mike Power from my history..and don't worry I most definitely haven't got an Intruder skeleton hidden in a cupboard anywhere!  lol!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:55 pm

A rummage through a few boxes up the loft and here he is..

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. IMG_2791_zpsd31bcc31

A bit the worse for ware but thats mainly from his time with my son in the mid 90s.

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. IMG_2794_zps83817811

All put together.

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. IMG_2795_zpsc16dc388

Unloved specimen. One owner since new, complete with box.

Mike Power Atomic Man...part of the SKJ collection!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:57 pm

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Page_1_zpsf7281339

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Page_2_zps5f3177a1

Last edited by somekindajoe on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 6:08 pm

lmfao !!!!!, after all your comments about Mike being part of the team, they send the hit squad after him !!  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes , old habits eh Steve ?, joe & Hank still haven't quite buried the hatchet yet eh?,  lol! , I hope he makes it out of the bin, even with his one arm  cheers 

Top stuff Steve, now doesn't that feel better ??  cheers 

lol! lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Nicely spotted Dal, lol . You have to be more careful with these pictures SKJ. pmsl

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 9:30 pm

great stuff now you must save him
Back to top Go down
action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 11:10 am

Maybe Bullet Man will show up and rescue him from the bin  lol! 

Great set of pics, I must admit I have 2 Atomic Men and a Mike Powers  Very Happy 

PJ  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 12:57 pm

action bob wrote:
Maybe Bullet Man will show up and rescue him from the bin  lol! 

Great set of pics, I must admit I have 2 Atomic Men and a Mike Powers  Very Happy 

PJ  Very Happy 

Potentially dumb question here. On this side of the pond Mike Power and Atomic Man are one in the same. Are you using the destinations to differentiate between the Hasbro and Palitoy versions?

I have a Mike Power figure in my collection; and have grown fond of the little fellow. Has happy as well; some my recent acquisition of a Defender means that he is no longer the most "uncool" Joe in the man cave!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi
I'm not sure and maybe wrong, but I thought the Atomic Man with flocked hair was from the UK, the Mike Powers figure had painted hair and a different face came from the States, my Mike Powers figure I am sure came from the states (at least that's where i bought it) I will check the markings on the back of the powers figure

If anyone else can shed some more light on this it would great

Cheers
PJ  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:01 pm

yes Nate, that's why here Mike is called Atomic Man and only his U.S version is Mike Power, don't understand why !  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 1:27 pm

Ah, that makes sense. Over here, we use both designations interchangeably; no matter whether it is the US or UK version.

-Nate
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 4:51 pm

Hey Steve...out of the closet, eh?

Laughing 

When I next come over we can compare our Atomic Men. Mine will only be a US Mike head on a standard Joe body! But we're not going to strip them off naked to check their credentials, are we? Are we?  Razz

Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:36 am

Good comic!  cheers  But.. I though Atomic Man had Kung Fu skills, why didn't he defend himself, he's supposed to have an eye in the back of his head ? lol!

The plot thickens  Wink 

Jet-
Medic
Jet-

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 8:03 pm

I love your old photos and great update !
Made me laugh , really well done story and pics .
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Steve That was excellent Photos lmao Poor old mike

Next it will be The Intruder, wont be as easy  lol! lol!

Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:14 pm

Ahaaaa.....so after all that Atomic bashing turns out you had one in your collection!!! lol!

And pretending it was from your childhood? You must have been at least 30 when Atomic Man came out Razz

I bet you fondly remember having one then went on eBay and bought that one and pretended you found yours in the loft..........

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Volgan10
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Suspect  Remind me again why we're mates Richard! lol!

....this thread is closure as far as my past dealings with Atomic man goes...I have nothing more to say on the subject! Rolling Eyes

lol!lol!

Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:57 pm

All those sly digs you had at my Atomic Man.......when all the while you were obviously eyeing him enviously Suspect

Just embrace it mate there's no shame in it.

Now......who will be the first to spot a MAM in your collection? No doubt from your "childhood" again!!!!!

Ok Dal you can lock this thread now lol! lol!

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Volgan10
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:59 pm

Beatlefan wrote:
All those sly digs you had at my Atomic Man.......when all the while you were obviously eyeing him enviously Suspect

Just embrace it mate there's no shame in it.

Now......who will be the first to spot a MAM in your collection? No doubt from your "childhood" again!!!!!

Ok Dal you can lock this thread now lol! lol!

pmsl! I said he should have had atomic man re flocked and re built, but he said I will, I will, but never did ! Suspect Suspect Suspect
lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 11:08 pm

After some extensive lobbying from BAM HQ (well a lot of complaining and moaning actually!) Cliff has finally given the go ahead to rebuild the childhood Mike Power! As it's such a sensitive operation he's put an outsider in charge of it.

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Harry1_zpswnf1p4dp

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Harry2_zps06avst9c

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Harrycom1a_zpssu4iuqdl

come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Harrycom3_zpshv1klgdz

Last edited by somekindajoe on Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2016 11:43 pm

lol! lol! lol!

Fantastic! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 12:18 am

Great stuff
Back to top Go down
JohnnyE4
Red Devil
JohnnyE4

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 3:41 am

you had me rolling from the first

now somebody has an impossible mission
Back to top Go down
http://littledandbubba.weebly.com/index.html
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 3:44 am

"I've got a tough assignment for you..." --Talking Commander

Great one Steve!!! Looking forward to the next installment!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2016 8:22 am

lol! lol!  the re build is finally under way! (what do you mean moaning?? lol! ) and it certainly will be a near mission impossible for Kuba, how will he keep it secret from Joe & Hank??, will the techy boys be able to wipe away all those years of abuse??, and will they ever get the taste of special brew off his breath??? I am sure all the questions will be answered in the next exciting installment of Mike's journey back to glory!

On a personal note, great to see another of the childhood lads being restored back to his glory days bounce , well done Steve Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Power comes in from the cold.   come in from the cold - Mike Power comes in from the cold. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mike Power comes in from the cold.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next