ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Empty
PostSubject: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 am

I never had AJ as a kid, passed them over many times. About a year ago, I came upon a few carded sets.......................later, I have a small collection,, mostly still sealed. I just had to open these! They are spitting images of Joe gear! Crash Crew.... Spy Island!.....Mouth of Doom!

Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! 102_2241

Rick
Back to top Go down
Cappy
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:20 am

Is it just me, or do they look like girls pretending to be men? Shocked
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 pm

I thought they were girls too at first glance, but it was the stubble on the spy island chap that gave it away lol! . Are they the same size as Joe/action man ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:07 pm

I like em Rick very nice bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:08 pm

I like em Rick very nice bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:36 pm

They were around in the 70s 8 inch figures, MEGO's answer to the Military thing, I'd say. Quality is so so, but I had to have these because of the likeness to Joe sets! All were MIB when I started with them about a year ago.

I have quite a few extra carded unis if anyone is interested.

Rick
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:03 pm

We did get them here in the UK although I can only remember them wearing a blue jumpsuit. Didn't they have a few vehicles too? I'm sure my cousin got thier helecopter one xmas.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:18 pm

These were great sets, I had quite a few as a kid and and few of the figures. As Rick says they copied a lot of Joe/AM outfits, I seem to remember an Aussie Jungle set as well. One of the coolest I had tho was a biker outfit, flared jeans and leather jacket!

Rick, was there also some sports sets or am I just imagining it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:21 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
We did get them here in the UK although I can only remember them wearing a blue jumpsuit. Didn't they have a few vehicles too? I'm sure my cousin got thier helecopter one xmas.

The boxed figures had the blue jumpsuits, light and dark blue, not sure if any others, I have no vehicles, but I'm sure they had some, Jeep snowmobile???? Google the Mego Museum and you can see them all.

Rick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 pm

Beatlefan wrote:
These were great sets, I had quite a few as a kid and and few of the figures. As Rick says they copied a lot of Joe/AM outfits, I seem to remember an Aussie Jungle set as well. One of the coolest I had tho was a biker outfit, flared jeans and leather jacket!

Rick, was there also some sports sets or am I just imagining it?

You may be right, I wasn't into them until I got a few MIB unis, in trade, then I looked into AJ a bit more.

Ck the Mego Museum on line.

My pic has the Aussie Jungle set, Looks like the Mouth of Doom also. Biker set is cool, probably a tough one to find. I have only Military, and these AT style sets, and a few figures.
Rick
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 pm

Thanks Rick I'll have a look. You know what that means tho......once I start looking I'm going to want some lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!   Action Jackson!  Looks like Joe, AM sets copied! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Action Jackson! Looks like Joe, AM sets copied!
Page 1 of 1