ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Outboard engine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:46 am

Ok you`ve got your vintage outboard and it dont work right,quick test/tip to see if it`s repairable.
Take a 9v battery (the square type found in smoke alarms)
peel the battery sticker off inside the battery compartment (if its still there)

Outboard engine  ASCRAFT3

push the battery connections onto the brass connections arrowed this will bypass the swtch

Outboard engine  ASCRAFT2

you may may need to flick the propeller in either direction.NOTE ONLY APPLY THE 9v BATTERY FOR A FEW SECONDS AT A TIME AS THE INCREASE VOLTAGE COULD DAMAGE THE MOTOR.
If it spins then the motor is ok try with a correct battery fitted and normal operation ie swing the clip up

Outboard engine  ASCRAFT4

If the motor does`nt spin check and clean the contacts for the switch(accessable through the slot underneath.

Outboard engine  ASCRAFT1

I`ve used this on several non-workers bought off ebay etc and not had one not work yet.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 am

more great tips ak, you are a knowledge of vam mate, well done cheers
Back to top Go down
Cappy
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:41 pm

If it still doesn't work test the battery by putting the contact on your tongue. Laughing What a Face
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Kids don`t try that at home geek
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:25 pm

I have one of those motors but the swing clip is missing !!!would the same work with the jungle explorer motor
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 8:01 am

Yes it will, If you don't mind waiting a little while. I can get you another clip.

Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 9:50 am

ak615 wrote:
Yes it will, If you don't mind waiting a little while. I can get you another clip.

Cheers that's great mate .... Let me know what u want for it ?
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2013 12:55 pm

Great tip Andy Smile

cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:28 pm

i found the clip for the outboard motor , but the base has snapped off , will have to try a bodge just to get it one , just for decrotive purposes
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 6:41 pm

I`ll look for my spare at the weekend TH

Outboard engine  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Outboard engine    Outboard engine  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Outboard engine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: Help and Advice :: Repair, Hints & Tips & Useful Links-
Jump to: