ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My first PH

Go down 
+2
somekindajoe
TheOneManKid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:31 pm

This is the first PH figure that I have ever owned, but we did play with them as kids! I only ever had one early fuzz head - Tom K (my avatar). I've been wanting to get a PH for some time and the opportunity came to get this one. And a fine looking chap he is too... Very Happy 

We did a few different photos, but this 'Aquanaut' look is my favourite. He makes a fine looking sailor and I'm thinking of collecting a few nautical uniform sets for him... Cool 

The cap is from my childhood collection, the sweater, bell bottoms and boots are vintage Joe, the binoculars are repaired vintage Action Man, the shoulder holster is Hasbro repro and the revolver is vintage Action Man.

My first PH Ph_aqu10

Back to top Go down

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 7:56 pm

Fantastic mate, nothing looks better than a PH, when I started collecting again back in 94 I had amassed about 25 figures before I managed to get my first PH, it was a great feeling.
Today about 80% of mine are PH's.
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:35 pm

A fantastic pic of a great looking PH Joe!

Nice choice to make him an 'Aquanaut' too!

Now you own this guy you'd definitely 'arrived', you are now a bona fide collector now! lol! 

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 8:41 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
A fantastic pic of a great looking PH Joe!

Nice choice to make him an 'Aquanaut' too!

Now you own this guy you'd definitely 'arrived', you are now a bona fide collector now! lol! 

Did you notice how well endowed he looks too? My wife noticed first, not me...honest... Razz 

Back to top Go down

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:11 pm

he looks mint
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2014 10:34 pm

snow white wrote:
he looks mint

Apart from the obligatory Joe knee cracks and an eyebrow rub, he is in very nice condition; elastic is very clean and no rust on the hooks. The uniform is very tidy and only needed some minor mends... Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Cappy
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 8:22 am

I grew up with the PH, never had any Fuzz heads or gripping hands. The PH still has a place in my heart but as everyone knows my passion now is the BP EE. I still have the very first PH I got for my 10th birthday in 1966 and he is very special to me.

Admin
BAMComix

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:13 am

superb addition Ralph !, a great member for your growing vam/joe collection  cheers 
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 9:49 am

Cappy wrote:
I grew up with the PH, never had any Fuzz heads or gripping hands. The PH still has a place in my heart but as everyone knows my passion now is the BP EE. I still have the very first PH I got for my 10th birthday in 1966 and he is very special to me.

Well as my birthday is in a couple of weeks, I could consider this as getting my first PH in 2014 for my 53rd birthday...gosh, better late than never I suppose!

BTW, this guy is a '67 to '69 era figure, so theoretically I could have played with this type of figure and he is certainly getting what is left of my childhood collection...Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 7:24 pm

Here he is again, dressed as a Sears 'style' Green Beret. This uniform is made up of vintage and repro parts.

The beret, the camos, the belt and the grenades are all vintage...the boots, the k-bar knife and the M16 are all new... Very Happy 

My first PH Img_9910

Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 7:46 pm

He looks fantastic! You can't beat a GB.

...but he also looks good as the Aquanaght too Rolling Eyes 

Looks like you need another PH! lol! 

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 8:10 pm

he looks superb Ralph !, a fine addition
Back to top Go down

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 10:18 pm

he looks great (in both outfits)
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:58 am

Congrats, Ralph!  Welcome to the posh/bigboy/snob PH Club!

And welcome to the infinitely more exclusive club...........wait for it... ........I Still Have My Childhood G.I. Joe

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that has kept his childhood 'Joe
Shall be my brother, be it even in a condition so vile...

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 5:32 am

Joe90 wrote:
Congrats, Ralph!  Welcome to the posh/bigboy/snob PH Club!

lol!  cheers  

I knew the PH would just look 'right' in that old vintage stuff (even with a few repro bits stuck in), that's why I wanted to get one, but I have him dressed in a 21st Century Toys uniform at the moment and he looks great in that too! He's becoming a very versatile figure... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:07 am

Here he is in that 21st Century Urban Camo. All of Tom K's recruits get a set. This time I created a Blue Beret Urban Camouflage soldier inspired by the artwork on Tom K's original second issue Action Soldier box - that is the original beret and sten. The second photo captures him about to tip his cap, in the standard "not sure what to do with that nose picker hand, when he's not holding the M16" pose!

My first PH 710

My first PH 310

Back to top Go down

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:49 am

he looks great like that too
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 1:02 pm

well done Ralph, he looks awesome as a GB great photos  Very Happy 

French Resistance
somekindajoe

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Outstanding!!

I love the blue 'Green Beret' bash, obviously a variant designed for urban warfare! lol! 

You've also got the 2nd issue soldier box art pose perfectly too! A nice tribute to Tom K, Joe and all 'class of 1970' VAM.

Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 7:13 pm

somekindajoe wrote:
Outstanding!!

I love the blue 'Green Beret' bash, obviously a variant designed for urban warfare! lol! 

You've also got the 2nd issue soldier box art pose perfectly too! A nice tribute to Tom K, Joe and all 'class of 1970' VAM.

The blue beret looks great with the urban camo, doesn't it? I'd love to dress Tom K like that, but his head is just to big to look good with that beret...shame Sad 

But still, the Joe is making a good job of it and Tom K appreciates the fact that he has a stand in... Laughing

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 8:12 pm

he looks awesome Ralph ! top work indeed  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My first PH Empty
PostSubject: Re: My first PH   My first PH Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first PH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: G.I.Joe - America's Movable Fighting Man - 1964 -1969 / Adventure Team 1970 - 1976 :: Joe Collections-
Jump to: