Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best way to iron clothes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fonnezz
Eagle Eyes
Fonnezz

Best way to iron clothes Empty
PostSubject: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:03 pm

After getting a job lot of clothes some of them needed washing. I have washed them now but they could do with a good iron. What do you use to iron them? Shoudl i use just a normal iron or is there any better tips?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:11 pm

i always use a steam iron to iron vam/joe clothes. However, with some clothes you can end up with a shiny effect, the sas jumpsuit is a good example  Sad . I have found that basic green trousers and jackets, respond well to steam ironing, plus it also gets out more dirt !  cheers .
If I am unsure about a vam item, I usually resort to the old brown paper technique, placing the brown paper over the item then ironing the brown paper. the same result can be achieved by using a clean tea towel (but don't let the wife catch you  Very Happy ) Also for creases, using a bar of soap and running it along the press lines always works well too.
I hope this helps matey  cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:17 pm

A handkerchief is the best thing to use as protection between iron and clothes. Problem is they are nearly extinct  Sad 
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:56 pm

koenig wrote:
A handkerchief is the best thing to use as protection between iron and clothes. Problem is they are nearly extinct   Sad 
]
Yes don't use a paper handkerchief!!!

I've got some old white cotton torn up from a T Shirt I use
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Sparkys6887 wrote:
koenig wrote:
A handkerchief is the best thing to use as protection between iron and clothes. Problem is they are nearly extinct   Sad 
]
Yes don't use a paper handkerchief!!!

I've got some old white cotton torn up from a T Shirt I use
what as mark hankeys or to iron am clothes ?  lol! 
any Gentleman worth his salt would and should carry a handkerchief !  lol! 
that's why they call me greensleeves!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenBest way to iron clothes G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prof Gangrene Fan
Prof Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm

ooooohhh I'll be coming back here in the fetcher.

sirsidneyruffdiamond
Polar Explorer
sirsidneyruffdiamond

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:45 pm

just get the missus to do it

lol! lol! lol! 

“We sleep safely at night because rough men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.”

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:16 am

Quote:
any Gentleman worth his salt would and should carry a handkerchief !   lol! 
that's why they call me greensleeves!

I think two, actually...one for show and one for blow. :b

Great advise, also be careful it isn't too hot. Probably okay with most VAM, but some of the new fabrics just melt.

I have an old travel iron my mom got me when I left for school and I still use it. Fairly small and easy to use. But, I've seen these new tiny irons made for doll clothes. They look like a soldering iron, but with a small spade shaped bit. A fellow I know on another board went as far as making a tiny ironing board.

Brian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fonnezz
Eagle Eyes
Fonnezz

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:05 am

Thanks for the tips guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peterodgers
Armoured Car Commander
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Maybe you should get one of these :

Best way to iron clothes Iron1_zps541f24f9

lol! lol! lol!

Sparkys6887
Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:11 pm

lol! lol! lol!  Very funny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best way to iron clothes
Page 1 of 1