ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best way to iron clothes

Go down 
+3
Sparkys6887
BAMComix
Fonnezz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fonnezz
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Fonnezz

Best way to iron clothes Empty
PostSubject: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 12:03 pm

After getting a job lot of clothes some of them needed washing. I have washed them now but they could do with a good iron. What do you use to iron them? Shoudl i use just a normal iron or is there any better tips?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 1:11 pm

i always use a steam iron to iron vam/joe clothes. However, with some clothes you can end up with a shiny effect, the sas jumpsuit is a good example  Sad . I have found that basic green trousers and jackets, respond well to steam ironing, plus it also gets out more dirt !  cheers .
If I am unsure about a vam item, I usually resort to the old brown paper technique, placing the brown paper over the item then ironing the brown paper. the same result can be achieved by using a clean tea towel (but don't let the wife catch you  Very Happy ) Also for creases, using a bar of soap and running it along the press lines always works well too.
I hope this helps matey  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:17 pm

A handkerchief is the best thing to use as protection between iron and clothes. Problem is they are nearly extinct  Sad 
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 5:56 pm

koenig wrote:
A handkerchief is the best thing to use as protection between iron and clothes. Problem is they are nearly extinct   Sad 
]
Yes don't use a paper handkerchief!!!

I've got some old white cotton torn up from a T Shirt I use
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 6:10 pm

Sparkys6887 wrote:
koenig wrote:
A handkerchief is the best thing to use as protection between iron and clothes. Problem is they are nearly extinct   Sad 
]
Yes don't use a paper handkerchief!!!

I've got some old white cotton torn up from a T Shirt I use
what as mark hankeys or to iron am clothes ?  lol! 
any Gentleman worth his salt would and should carry a handkerchief !  lol! 
that's why they call me greensleeves!

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenBest way to iron clothes G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm

ooooohhh I'll be coming back here in the fetcher.

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2014 8:45 pm

just get the missus to do it

lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 4:16 am

Quote:
any Gentleman worth his salt would and should carry a handkerchief !   lol! 
that's why they call me greensleeves!

I think two, actually...one for show and one for blow. :b

Great advise, also be careful it isn't too hot. Probably okay with most VAM, but some of the new fabrics just melt.

I have an old travel iron my mom got me when I left for school and I still use it. Fairly small and easy to use. But, I've seen these new tiny irons made for doll clothes. They look like a soldering iron, but with a small spade shaped bit. A fellow I know on another board went as far as making a tiny ironing board.

Brian
Back to top Go down
Fonnezz
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Fonnezz

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 9:05 am

Thanks for the tips guys.
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:07 pm

Maybe you should get one of these :

Best way to iron clothes Iron1_zps541f24f9

lol! lol! lol!

Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitimeMon May 19, 2014 12:11 pm

lol! lol! lol!  Very funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to iron clothes   Best way to iron clothes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best way to iron clothes
Page 1 of 1