ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Falcon Estrela Figure

Go down 
+5
Captian action
Professor Gangrene Fan
somekindajoe
BAMComix
Danthecoat
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

Falcon Estrela Figure  Empty
PostSubject: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:35 pm

Thanks for adding this section Dal Wink

One of my really exciting buys at this years Action Man Day was this Falcon Estrela Brazilian figure i have been after one for a long time now and have never seen one anywhere. I know little to nothing about these figures but i am researching him as we speak. He is standing funny because he has come apart at the waist. His limbs are made of the same material Tom stone was so he has persihed but i will restring him this week

Enjoy and if you know any info on these then please let me know Smile

Falcon Estrela Figure  Img_1010

Heres some reference shots so you know if you ever come across one Smile

Falcon Estrela Figure  Img_1011

Falcon Estrela Figure  Img_1012

Falcon Estrela Figure  Img_1013
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Wow Dan, what a terrific figure, and many congratulations on landing him  Very Happy . He looks fantastic !, very envious mate, thanks for sharing  cheers

ps - no worries on the new section, happy to help  cheers 
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 6:11 pm

Those MAM eyebrows have got to go!! lol! 

..but seriously, that's quite an unusual figure you have there. You can't beat South America when it comes to taking an existing toy line and stamping a unique style on it and things don't get more unique than Falcon. Some of their sets were the wackiest take on GI Joe anywhere in the world.

I love the face, it's recognisably Joe, but different (did I moan about the MAM eyebrows?) A fantastic addition to the collection.

Any idea as to year of production etc?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:06 pm

he looks great another on the want list
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 7:41 pm

I'm so pleased after you have been after one for a long time that you finally have one now Very Happy Very Happy.

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 8:11 pm

They were manufactured by Estrela (Brazil) in the mid-90s. Original Joe head (not used by Hasbro since 1977!). The characteristic eyebrows give him a very fierce look.

My favorite is the dark haired one  What a Face 

Falcon Estrela Figure  Falcon
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 10:18 pm

nice koenig ,you got some of these ,lucky fella !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenFalcon Estrela Figure  G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2014 10:25 pm

Fantastic acquisition, Dan!!!

Good thing those eye brows are in nice condition. It would not be easy to repaint them..."MAM eyebrows"... lol!  lol!  lol! 

There was a Brazilian fellow on another board a few years ago, and he had a really nice collection. Haven't seen him for a long time, though. Don't know how long you've been going to MWD, Dal, but he was very active there for a time, "Grungaboy" was his board name.

Brian
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2014 10:42 pm

Dan,

I bought one last november when I was at your show...

They seem to appear each Action Man Day !
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
Canadian Mounted Police
BrandontheFigureFreak

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:38 am

Really cool guy that you got there dude! I love it that he had painted underwear Razz but I think that is the way male figures should be Very Happy

Remember: It is imperative to Look Back - The Past is not a Wilderness of Horrors - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing - Never judge a book by it's cover - DTA - Appearances are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn - Always Watch the Skies - If it's been done in a movie, then most likely it's already been done in Real Life - Research & Question Everything = Various <-->
Back to top Go down
http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 3:30 pm

Another post I missed! Great looking figure! And rare indeed in the UK. Well done on catching the figure, Dan!

Falcon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 3:45 pm

I can provide some info about them, Dan!

As you guys know, Estrela produced Falcon here from 77 'till 84/5. In 94, they re-issue 3 figures: the soldier, the pilot and the enemy (Torak). The name of this line was "Clássicos Falcon" (Falcon Classics).
The Soldier/Pilot was pretty much the head from the 60s (with painted hair) in a muscular body with some items from GI Joe Hall of Fame.
Torak on the other hand was WAY different from "THE" original Torak: although they kept the original metalic head, his body was not grey but human and with a "normal" left hand. He weared pretty much the same clothes from HOF DESTRO. (http://mlb-s1-p.mlstatic.com/boneco-torak-classicos-falcon-estrela-94-14029-MLB4353686679_052013-F.jpg)
Probably by Hasbro demand, you can notice 2 things in this line:
1) The word "Comandos em Ação" in the box, wich was the brand name of GI Joe here.
2) Torak has the Cobra symbol on his belt.
This line also had a re-issued jeep.
>>>>> The figure you have is from that line.

In 2000/1, Lojas Americanas, a major magazine store here, commissioned new Falcons for Estrela as exclusive items. This line was even poorly manufactured and it even spawned an "Enemy" figure, wich was actually Torak with "normal" hands again and... green head. The name of this line was "Força de Ataque" (Attack Force).
https://2img.net/h/i106.photobucket.com/albums/m264/jucarq/DSC05043.jpg
This line had a short live because Lojas Americanas decided import WorldPeacekeepers from China and dumped Falcon.

EDIT: just a note, the owner of the Green Torak over there added some stuff like granades. The figure was much more simpler than that.

Last edited by Falcon on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:54 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://kryptonauta.blogspot.com
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 3:59 pm

superb falcon! some great information there mate cheers
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:

Thanks, man! I am glad I could shed some light. BTW I edited the posted because I checked here and found the exact year they re-issued the FIRST line: 1994.

Well, both Toraks are not as expensive as the original one. You can find one for 100/150usd. The original Torak is much more expansive, like 600usd.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:05 pm

Falcon wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:

Thanks, man! I am glad I could shed some light. BTW I edited the posted because I checked here and found the exact year they re-issued the FIRST line: 1994.

Well, both Toraks are not as expensive as the original one. You can find one for 100/150usd. The original Torak is much more expansive, like 600usd.

wow ! that is expensive Shocked
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:08 pm

But I am not selling stuff here, ok? And I dont know people who do it. lol I mean I am not advertising. Just sharing info. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:13 pm

Falcon wrote:
But I am not selling stuff here, ok? And I dont know people who do it. lol I mean I am not advertising. Just sharing info. Very Happy

lol! of course your not selling ! why would you? I till have all my childhood guys bounce . I am so happy you are here to share your knowledge with us ! I look forward to learning more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:39 pm

Thank you for the information and photos, Falcon!

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 5:24 pm

Thanks for the info, Falcon! cheers

Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 6:27 pm

You are welcome, guys, but hey *I* am here to learn. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 12:42 pm

Very intresting Intel, Falcon! Thanks! cheers

Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 12:50 pm

I made a mistake regarding some info, please reffer to my post again where I correct it. Smile There were 2 lines, one in 94 and other in the late 90s/early 2000.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Falcon Estrela Figure    Falcon Estrela Figure  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Falcon Estrela Figure
Page 1 of 1