ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

June Interview 2014 - brownboots

Go down 
+13
Reddragon
Captian action
Professor Gangrene Fan
Danthecoat
Sparklebudgie
Cappy
Sparkys6887
Joe90
gibri
somekindajoe
Rossini
inntruderr61
BAMComix
17 posters
AuthorMessage
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Empty
PostSubject: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 6:32 am

Name-Paul

Online name-brownboots

Location-Dundee

First Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figure ?
I can't remember my very first one, probably a fuzz head basic Soldier, but I remember
being handed down a first issue painted head from a Cousin and thinking "why has this got no hair"...I was young!

What was your favourite figure as a kid, and do you still own him?
The 70's were awash with a myriad of great figures, I
had Marx Cowboys, Bionic men, Cyborg and Muton, Mego's but despite the range I always gravitated back to AM. The one that sticks out is a dark bearded Adventurer, taking that out the box for the first time was an experience! Unfortunately I own nothing
from my childhood.

Favourite figure now ?
A black painted head French Resistance, had it as a kid enjoyed it more as an Adult. AM at its
simplest and best.

Most desired item ?
I'd like a full Argyle outfit, but I'm happy kitbashing with whatever I have at hand.

What will you do with your collection as you get older ?
Enjoy it more, add to it, I still feel like there's more scope to
do something new.

What does your wife/girlfriend/partner think of your collection/hobby?
I'm lucky, I can get constructive feedback on projects without scorn!! Mrs. BB is also a dab hand on the sewing machine!

Do you set yourself a budget ?
Yes, a couple of pounds, if somethings really nice I might pay over £7.00.....I find a lot of my collection at Car Booties....there is still a lot of gear out there!!!

Worst Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figure ?
Where to begin........Some MAM are excreable, poorly articulated and ill concieved...Why Hasbro?? Why?? Bears with rocket launchers...C'mon!! Vintage stuff I'm more tolerent of even
oddities like The Intruder, maybe I'm looking through childhood tinted glasses!

Views on 40th reproductions ?
I know many collectors were understandably annoyed the impact the line had on the value of their
collection but personally I loved the whole 40th range.
Quality wise some of the figures could have been better (flocking being an issue) but the thrill of getting a mint uni
far outweighed the teething problems of certain figures, I only wish I'd have bought more!

Worst item of the Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 range ?
For me it has to be the EE BluePant body, I know in it's day it was a major innovation but just for the sheer
difficulty of fixing them or tightening them they get my vote.

Best thing about collecting Vam/Joe/Mam or 1/6 figures ?
I've been staring at this question for about 20 mins letting memories form before me thinking of an answer
and I think it has to be about bringing people together, the street I lived in had many AM collectors as a kid, having AM brought every one together to play, great battles were fought, many daring adventures were had and all because we
owned the same toy. Now as an Adults people are brought together again because of the same toy, to me that
is AM greatest achievement.

Do you think your collection will be collectible in the future ?
Some of it will, I've a collection of Vintage figures that will always hold their value, but MAM and kitbash figures
who knows?

If you did not collect Vam/Joe/Mam what would you collect ?
I've always collect Comics and Action Figures so that would not change, if I had serious money I'd be
collecting Original Comic Art or Vintage Guitars.

What AM/Joe outfit or set would you like to have seen released?
We have debated this on Chat, it seems the most popular ranges were WW1, Napoleonic and Knights, personally
I would have loved a WW1 range, such great uniforms and equipment, what a line that would have been!

Do you have a/What is your favourite section of AMMO?
The kitbash section is always the first one I look at (some amazing work chaps....inspirational!)
Chat is always a pleasure, but I do look through every catagory, there is always great things to learn and see.

Why do you like AMMO ?
I like the Spirit of AMMO, a comfortable site where ideas and concepts can be exchanged with good Cameraderie.
I must like it ...it's the only one I post in.

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 6:33 am

Fantastic interview Paul !!! a fascinating read my friend  cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 6:57 am

Great interview Paul!  Very Happy 

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:29 am

Great interview Paul! Nice to read more about you. Smile
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:54 am

Great interview Paul!

'...as a kid, having AM brought every one together to play, great battles were fought, many daring adventures were had and all because we owned the same toy. Now as an Adults people are brought together again because of the same toy, to me that is AM greatest achievement.'

The AMMO ethos!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 8:06 am

Great interview! I really enjoyed reading your answers -- very well thought out, and interesting perspectives.

Thanks,
Brian
 cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 9:32 am

fantastic interview thanks
Back to top Go down
Joe90
Eagle Eyes
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 9:37 am

Good interview.
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 11:14 am

Great interview Paul. Good to hear more from you. Hope to catch up with you in chat sometime soon.

Mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Cappy
Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Cappy

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 6:41 pm

Great interview, well apart from the bit about BP EE's. I find it easy to fix and tighten the joints. I'll forgive you though.  Very Happy 

Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 7:48 pm

Nice interview  cheers 

Go on then, you can send me all your floppy loose BP's. You know you want to.  bounce 

Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 8:36 pm

Great Interview  cheers cheers 

Nice to know more about you BB Smile

OPEN THAT THREAD !!!!!!!!!!  lol! lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 9:13 pm

I'v just read your Interview brownboots and what a fantastic read Very Happy. I totally agree with you on you saying Some MAM are excreable, poorly articulated.

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 12:25 am

Great stuff bb ,great interview

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenJune Interview 2014 - brownboots  G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 2:08 am

Cracking interview B.B, very interesting read.  Very Happy

action bob
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
action bob

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:39 am

Great interview BB, a very good interesting read

PJ  Very Happy 

June Interview 2014 - brownboots  MyABLogo_zps958a73ad
Back to top Go down
TALLY HO
Armoured Car Commander
TALLY HO

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 3:43 am

great interview .........enjoyable read ,
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2014 8:51 am

Excellent interview Paul well done enjoyed reading it thanks for sharing  Very Happy 

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 4:54 am

Nice one, Paul! cheers

I'm just catching up on some of the past 'members interviews'.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: June Interview 2014 - brownboots    June Interview 2014 - brownboots  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

June Interview 2014 - brownboots
Page 1 of 1