ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Empty
PostSubject: New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting   New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 5:12 pm

Our local collector's club had its monthly meeting this past weekend. It was an excellent affair. There were some good trades (more on that later), our gracious host Art grilled lunch and the meeting concluded with the tossing of some parachute Joes up in the air!

Some of my pick-ups:

I know paras are supposed to wear berets; but this patrol cap looks good on him:

New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art1_zpsdbf3e771
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art16_zps4a6f2bd7
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art15_zps100a9110

My Action Team Police figure is coming together. Art gave me a vintage MP/SP/AP belt and an Action Man Scramble pilot helmet. There's work to be done (need to get the over the shoulder crossbelt), especially on the helmet visor, but he's starting to take shape.

New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art13_zpsa0e00028
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art10_zpse727f0ee
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art11_zpsf0df7a7a
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art12_zpsf0305f2d
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art14_zps341545be

The big pick-ups (or returns) were two MBs. I picked up this MB Sea Adventurer in a lot a few months back. He was in pieces.

New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Seekonk12_zps905d8e37
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Seekonk11_zps88340eb9

The good thing is that his flock and KFGs were intact. Brad was able to put him together at the meeting.

New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art3_zps824856cc  

Original flock:
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art7_zpsc9c932f0

Original KFGs:
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art6_zpsbbded351

The shirt is definitely designed for a '64 body:
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art8_zps5ff96760

The big pick-up was getting another MB back from Brad. He's been reflocked, restrung and has new Kung-pow hands. He's wearing Action Man sweater and trousers with 40th boots. I was definitely inspired by the Geyperman releases.

New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art5_zps9663385b
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art9_zps13cbcb85

Comparison of reflocked (left) and original flocks (right):
New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Art2_zpsb53114ff

Art and Brad also furnished enough parts to update my Marines. I'll post pics of those later. An all-around excellent meeting!

Enjoy the pics!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting   New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 5:24 pm

Some good stuff there Nate,within the parachute regt it was quite common for members of the pathfinder platoon to wear the "crap" hat so I`d call your para a pathfinder  Very Happy 

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting   New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 5:51 pm

terrific upload Nate. Great to see you got your MB back too, they look terrific ! by the way. It sounded like a fun meeting mate  cheers , thanks for sharing  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting   New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 5:54 pm

The host uploaded a few pics of the parachute toss. Here's one of me:

https://s547.photobucket.com/user/joecollector58/media/Parachuting%20Joe/Nate01_zps62d80587.mp4.html

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting   New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:19 pm

Awesome nate !, looked a lot of fun  cheers 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting   New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 7:35 pm

nice figs the reflock guy looks a great one
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting   New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 4:47 pm

I'm glad you had a good time at the Joe meet!  cheers 

Nice figures and uniforms! Very Happy  The new flocking looks identical to the vintage flocking  cheers 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting   New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New England GI Joe Collectors Club Meeting
Page 1 of 1