ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting use out of a tattered uniform

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

Getting use out of a tattered uniform Empty
PostSubject: Getting use out of a tattered uniform   Getting use out of a tattered uniform Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:39 pm

I picked up a decent PH redhead from an antique store about 2 months back.
Getting use out of a tattered uniform Maine8_zps8b482855

The Japan-tagged Action Soldier fatigues were in a sorry state,
Getting use out of a tattered uniform Maine6_zpsefeb89d6

but since he's a redhead, I transferred him to the Marines:
Getting use out of a tattered uniform Maine1_zpsd27397d5

I don't like to waste a vintage piece; and aside from the evidence of backyard battles, the uniform is intact. (Snaps, buttons, etc.) How to put it to good use? The trousers would need shorts under them to prevent a draft. So, where to find a figure who was wearing shorts that would be happy with any uniform?

Getting use out of a tattered uniform Defender1_zpsd2262f19
Getting use out of a tattered uniform Defender3_zps548ea1e1

His camo shorts prevent too much of a draft:
Getting use out of a tattered uniform Defender2_zps10babfd8

He's still the most uncool member of the collection; but at least he's no longer standing watch in his undies!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Getting use out of a tattered uniform   Getting use out of a tattered uniform Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:43 pm

looking good Nate!, and on the up side, no more drafts for the defender ! nice work mate  bounce 
Back to top Go down
peterodgers
Mine Detection
peterodgers

PostSubject: Re: Getting use out of a tattered uniform   Getting use out of a tattered uniform Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Good to see old things being used, and the figures look great. I had an issue with a pair of MAM trousers with a tear in them, but in that case the solution was simple - just turn them round! Most MAM trousers with elastic don't have a front or back so it doesn't look any different! lol! 

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Getting use out of a tattered uniform   Getting use out of a tattered uniform Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 3:07 pm

Another great looking Joe!  cheers 

I've had a few drafty/chilly pants in my time, 1:1 broken zips!  lol! 

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting use out of a tattered uniform   Getting use out of a tattered uniform Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting use out of a tattered uniform
Page 1 of 1