Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:06 am

That sounds like good news Pete? It took a long time for me to get a diagnosis as my neuro condition is rare. It sounds a bit odd but when I was finally diagnosed I was relieved Smile

Wishing you well and hoping you get a speedy diagnosis which is easy to treat.

All the very best mate.

Mark

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.creativecounselling.net
ACKIE88

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:38 am

That's good news Peter Very Happy.

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:28 am

wishing you a speedy recovery Pete ,hope you're out of hospital and on the mend soon !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peterodgers
Breeches Buoy

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:16 pm

Now in Leeds hospital waiting for a biopsy. Just underneath the air ambulance landing pad aparently, so might be exciting to see one land. Sadly my MAM isn't with me as I had to travel light.

Breeches Buoy

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Today's update : Instead of doing the biopsy they're now just going in to repair my spine on wednesday and remove the odd bone growth that's in there. Because they're worried about damaging nerves the first part of the operation will be done through my stomach to get to the front of my spine, then they'll roll me over and put some sort of plastic scaffold to support my back. After they've sewn me back up they'll send off samples for analysis to make sure the bone growth wasn't some kind of nasty cancer, but it sounds like they're sure it's nothing but a nonmalignant tumour. Got a couple of months to recover afterwards but I'll have to take it easy. It's been one heck of a year so far after going from backache to an inflamed disc to possible cancer and now a somewhat major abdominal operation!

Action Sailor

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:47 pm

take it easy Pete - from what you say the end of this will be all positive - pain & worry free -

sending my best wishes

Paul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:57 pm

all the best Pete !

SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:16 pm

Good luck for Wednesday Pete. I'm away next week but will be thinking of you mate and sending good wishes.

All the best Mark
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:22 pm

Good luck for Wednesday Pete. I'll be away next week but will be thinking of you and sending you good wishes mate. Let's hope this will be the end of your troubles and the start of your recovery.

All the best.

Mark
Back to top Go down
gibri
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:11 pm

Best of luck to you! I hope it all goes well.

Brian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peterodgers
Breeches Buoy

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:23 pm

Back in Leeds hospital to spend the night before my op tomorrow. Got to fast from midnight so no breakfast in the morning!

BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:32 pm

Good luck Pete  Smile 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:44 pm

Hope all goes well Pete!

Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:50 am

Say there, Pardner, you up-and-out of that germ-haven flophouse yet? Feeling better or what? Ya know yer Joes miss you and all ya really need is yer medic Joe to fix you up!  Very Happy 

"No healthy person willingly heaps abuse upon another struggling soul."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blueboxier
French Resistance

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:51 pm

peterodgers wrote:
Back in Leeds hospital to spend the night before my op tomorrow. Got to fast from midnight so no breakfast in the morning!
whenever I am told to fast from 12pm I have a good feed at 11:30 simples

inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Thu Aug 14, 2014 1:30 am

I hope all goes well peterodgers!
Sending prayers your way!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brigadier Graemon
Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:30 am

peterodgers wrote:

Embarassed Ah. Missed that, I did. Too curious about sick friends in hospital. Been there and had that done to me--it wasn't fun.

"No healthy person willingly heaps abuse upon another struggling soul."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peterodgers
Breeches Buoy

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Well, I'm still here! After the operation turned out twelve hours instead of eight I've been on a high dependency ward for a few days until my stomach woke up again from the anesthetic because I was under four extra hours to make sure they got out everything they needed to. In the end they took a whole bone from my spine and sent it off for testing to see exactly what was growing in there. Now my back has two bones bolted together with some sort of cage in the space where lumbar 4 was. Over time these will all fuse together and make my back stiff, but at least I've avoided needing a wheelchair for the rest of my life. I was so happy to stand up again yesterday with the help of two physios. One day I hope to walk into one of the Action Days with my son Matthew.

I might not be able to get on the website much due to low internet on my phone.

Admin

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:31 pm

I am so pleased to read Pete that the operation was a success, and that you were back on your feet  Very Happy . i wish you a speedy recovery mate, and hopefully see you at an action man day soon ! Look after yourself my friend, and don#t worry about being missing for a while, we will still be here awaiting your future uploads. Take care my friend ! all the best for your recovery !  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 

Flock Head

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:51 pm

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:56 pm

Hey Pete, I hope you make a full recovery and get back to your normal daily routine as soon as possible  Smile

Messing about with your MAM figures, to see what poses can be had from them will help whilst your back heals  Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparkys6887
SAS Parachute Attack

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:09 pm

Hi Pete.

I too am pleased you have avoided a life in a wheelchair. Whilst the outcome sounds largely positive your body has been on a hell of a journey and I hope you get the support, care and love needed to make a full recovery. I look forward to shaking your hand at an action man day and meeting your son too. Wink

Very best wishes

Mark
Back to top Go down
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Heal fast ,heal well pete

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
snow white
SAS Underwater Attack

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:03 pm

hope you get well soon all the best

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:12 pm

Get well soon Pete, good luck for the future.

”As children we form a bond with our toys and a residue of that feeling remains. We give them life and in return they give us joy and forgetfulness.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...   

Back to top Go down

Stuck in hospital on a Friday night...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next