Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Joe wrongly boxed??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawkeye
French Resistance
Hawkeye

Joe wrongly boxed?? Empty
PostSubject: Joe wrongly boxed??   Joe wrongly boxed?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:48 pm

Hi I have just seen my latest episode of "Toy Hunter" and on this episode it showed a GI Joe Fantastic Freefall box but with a Joe dressed in french resistance clothing inside? Apparently the USA chain store Sears put alternative Joes in boxe's with an advice note inside saying that, item is not as illustrated as in catalogue however we have situated a better value which is the manufacturers latest version of this item, Remember Sears Motto "Satisfaction Guarenteed" or your money back.

Joe wrongly boxed?? ToyHunterJoe007_zpse9d3e26c

These Joes apparently bring big bucks, the one that was shown on Toy Hunter was a "Fantastic Free fall" box with a French Resistance Joe inside as shown in the pictures below

Joe wrongly boxed?? ToyHunterJoe004_zps77a2f5b2

Jordan Hembrough bought this from a dealer for $750 and sold it to Dave Hill the comedian for $1,500 has anyone seen these before and are they really bringing this big money???

Joe wrongly boxed?? ToyHunterJoe006_zpsf3c87a13

Jordan and his friend in dispute over do they buy this Joe or not?

Joe wrongly boxed?? ToyHunterJoe008_zps10a31313

Dave Hill Comedian Actor and comedy writer buying this Joe which he knows nothing about and is in the wrong box and he pays $1,500 bucks for has he done the right thing???????

Joe wrongly boxed?? ToyHunterJoe009_zpsdc783155

Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
French Resistance
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Joe wrongly boxed??   Joe wrongly boxed?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 7:56 pm

My other question is why have Sears put GI Joes in wrong boxes in the first place, didn't they all come in the correct boxes from the Hasbro factory
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Joe wrongly boxed??   Joe wrongly boxed?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 8:05 pm

anything mistakingly packaged brings a higher price , only usually if sealed ,otherwise how would you know ?
the note from sears was allegedly authenticated , recently i purchased a 2006 repro at air adventurer joe,dressed
in sea adventurer clothing ,it was sealed and the seller assured that this was the case as he purchased a job lot , luckily being repro it was not any more expensive , but i could not have confirmed it unless i broke the seal, theres the rub ! as i purchased to play and not keep i broke the seal ! but like i say how would you really know and mine in the future may have been worth something but only if sealed , how would someone know the figure simply wasnt swapped after opened ?
I watch toy hunter myself and feel that jordan is a bit unscrupulous , comparing what he buys and sells at , i know he is a dealer but i feel he could do better on what he offers the seller ,thats just a personal oppinion

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenJoe wrongly boxed?? G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Joe90
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Joe wrongly boxed??   Joe wrongly boxed?? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 9:08 pm

I am skeptical of this one.  

The box is commonly referred to as the "Red Box Series" or "Adventures Of Series" rather than Fantastic Freefall.  It is well known, and commonly accepted, that Sears made that switch when they ran out of tan caps and white t-shirts.  There are dozens and dozens of substantiations across the USA of that substitution happening back in 1969.  This G.I. Joe was a transitional figure and I'm sure that Hasbro decided to unload some of their warehouse overstock rather than order new pieces from the Orient.

However...

This is the first mention I've ever seen of a white G.I. Joe turning up with that substitution -- usually it's the black G.I. Joes that    had that switch done.

I won't flat out say it's not possible, but I am skeptical.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
French Resistance
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Joe wrongly boxed??   Joe wrongly boxed?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:15 pm

Captian action wrote:
anything mistakingly packaged brings a higher price , only usually if sealed ,otherwise how would you know ?
the note from sears was allegedly authenticated , recently i purchased a 2006 repro at air adventurer joe,dressed
in sea adventurer clothing ,it was sealed and the seller assured that this was the case as he purchased a job lot , luckily being repro it was not any more expensive , but i could not have confirmed it unless i broke the seal, theres the rub ! as i purchased to play and not keep i broke the seal ! but like i say how would you really know and mine in the future may have been worth something but only if sealed , how would someone know the figure simply wasnt swapped after opened ?
I watch toy hunter myself and feel that jordan is a bit unscrupulous , comparing what he buys and sells at , i know he is a dealer but i feel he could do better on what he offers the seller ,thats just a personal oppinion

Thanks Jay I get the reason behind the high prices they make but was wondering how Sears had got boxes and figures seperately and were then able to put whatever GI Joe in the boxes, I would have thought that Hasbro would have boxed the figures before sending them to Sears stores, By the way I totally agree with you on Jordans mark up
Cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
French Resistance
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Joe wrongly boxed??   Joe wrongly boxed?? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I am skeptical of this one.  

The box is commonly referred to as the "Red Box Series" or "Adventures Of Series" rather than Fantastic Freefall.  It is well known, and commonly accepted, that Sears made that switch when they ran out of tan caps and white t-shirts.  There are dozens and dozens of substantiations across the USA of that substitution happening back in 1969.  This G.I. Joe was a transitional figure and I'm sure that Hasbro decided to unload some of their warehouse overstock rather than order new pieces from the Orient.

However...

This is the first mention I've ever seen of a white G.I. Joe turning up with that substitution -- usually it's the black G.I. Joes that    had that switch done.

I won't flat out say it's not possible, but I am skeptical.

Thank you Doug for the info, I was intrested in how Sears were able to box up Joes in the first place, shouldn't this have been the sole responsibility of Hasbro?

Cheers Ian
Back to top Go down
Joe90
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Joe90

PostSubject: Re: Joe wrongly boxed??   Joe wrongly boxed?? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 6:11 am

Hawkeye wrote:
Thank you Doug for the info, I was intrested in how Sears were able to box up Joes in the first place, shouldn't this have been the sole responsibility of Hasbro?

Cheers Ian
You are correct, Hawkeye.

It was Hasbro that packaged the item. I've assumed that this was along the same lines as other Sears exclusive: Sears agrees to purchase the "exclusive" item and dictates the packaging. We see this in the Forward Observer, the Machine Gun Outpost, the Green beret Machine Gun, their unique Jeep, etc.

I'd hazard a guess they got the Red Box Resistance Fighter uniform figure for a discount and part of the deal required a note of value included, ostensibly from Sears.
Back to top Go down
Hawkeye
French Resistance
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: Joe wrongly boxed??   Joe wrongly boxed?? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:

Cheers Ian
You are correct, Hawkeye.

It was Hasbro that packaged the item.  I've assumed that this was along the same lines as other Sears exclusive: Sears agrees to purchase the "exclusive" item and dictates the packaging.  We see this in the Forward Observer, the Machine Gun Outpost, the Green beret Machine Gun, their unique Jeep, etc.  

I'd hazard a guess they got the Red Box Resistance Fighter uniform figure for a discount and part of the deal required a note of value included, ostensibly from Sears.  

Cheers Doug thanks for the infomation, it looks like Sears had a big say in how they sold GI Joe's back then, I bet there was a lot of unhappy kids expecting what was on the box and getting a totally different guy Sad I bet there was some unhappy christmas's back then santa Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joe wrongly boxed??   Joe wrongly boxed?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joe wrongly boxed??
Page 1 of 1