Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:29 am

First please allow Me to commentate on one of My favorite subjects  Smile

Are you a big wrestling fan? If you are discuss all your fond memories and why you are the big wrestling fan you today!

Why I love it: It all began in the late 80s, as a youngster I just loved how big and tall those guys were and the way they acted and looked. I watched WWF and NWA/WCW. I loved Hulk Hogan, the Ultimate Warrior, Macho Man Randy Savage, Ric Flair, Lex Luger, Sting, Sid Viscous and many others, My Grandparents loved it especially My Grandpa. My Mom liked it sometime ago because she digged some of those guys. Hulk Hogan quickly became one of My childhood heroes along with Jesse Ventura. Wrestling was just fun and just plain cool! Wrestling figures was a must for Me even until recently.

A little commentary: I loved the 80s to begin with but the 80s wrestling was just so good. As the 90s came wrestling was really changing with the Monday Night Wars and of course the Attitude era. Loving the 80s so much it was kinda hard to grip the later 90s. After the demise of ECW & WCW I stopped watching it. Come to the late Summer of 2010 I started watching TNA Impact Wrestling then started watching WWE in the Summer of 2011. It was difficult to know and like new guys like John Cena, Randy Orton, CM Punk, The Miz, Daniel Bryan but I was already used to guys like The Undertaker, Kane, HHH, Mark Henry, and The Big Show. Come now in 2012 I like the new guys a lot now and like many of the things that is currenty going on in WWE but sometimes I think back and miss the 80s, early and middle 90s and even the Attitude era. Wrestling is like Life, constantly evolving.

For You to Do: Are you kinda like Me and is old school and like the older wrestling stuff or also like Me and like it all? Do you currently watch WWE or TNA or both today? Tell Me who is your favorite wrestlers and why and what was your favorite matches and so on.  Do you have dream matches that you wish had taken place but never did? Ask Me questions of who I like and so fourth, lay it all down on Me, I'd love and appreciate thatWink

Here is 15 moments of things I'm currently thinkin' aboutHappy

The Event that got Me hooked on Wrestling!

Hulk Hogan and the Ultimate Warrior

Andre the Giant

The Times of Ric Flair

Abdullah the Butcher and Terry Funk

Yokozuna

Kevin Nash

The Dungeon of Doom

ECW!

The nWo Takeover

Bill Goldberg

Chyna and Daffney Unger

The Shocking deaths of Owen Hart and "The Macho Man" Randy Savage Sad

John Cena, Randy Orton and CM Punk

The Reunion of The Undertaker and Kane!

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:30 am

I am a huge Corey Graves fan, I cannot wait till he makes it to the WWE from NXT, he would add so much to the current roster and bring a new and much needed level for entertainment!

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:40 am

My favorite current WWE wrestlers:

The Wyatt Family

Dolph Ziggler

Antonio Cesaro

Wade Barrett

Kofi Kingston

Alberto Del Rio (No longer with WWE but I still really like him!)

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 am

My favorite current WWE female wrestlers/Divas:

Rosa Mendes & Kaitlyn NOTE: Kaitlyn is no longer in WWE but gosh I loved her!

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:42 am

Tamina Snuka

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:43 am

NOTE: I am not advertising this, I just want you to be informed so you can relive your favorite matches Smile

Are you familiar with the WWE Network? Surely you guys do if you watch WWE Monday Night Raw and Smackdown. Perhaps you are already signed up for the WWE Network depending on your location? Well, I know many of you guys here are in the UK so you are in luck because you can sign up on October 1st Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Here is a pic of the WWE Network!

Now, if any of you guys are on the fence about, please ask Me questions about it as I am a subscriber since it's launch date! i will answer you questions as best as I can Smile

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:46 pm

The WWE, or as it was years ago the WWF !, good family entertainment cheers . It has of course changed over the years. I remember as a kid when the Saturday morning wrestling would come on tv, with Big Daddy and the like ! lol! , he never lost a fight, that I can remember Suspect Rolling Eyes ! Then occasionally they would highlight a match or two from the WWF as it was then.
Usually it was always the Hart foundation against the British Bulldogs ! it was always very good. Later as I got older and sky sports first pop up, the main events were broadcast ! Even now I still look forward to watching Wrestlemania with my son, but my favourite event is still the royal rumble Very Happy
It is a shame that all the old faces that I remember have nearly all but retired now, but the new generation seem to hold their own. I must admit I have not seen a show now for a few years (apart from aforementioned wrestlemania and Rumble), but you are always entertained with their shows.
The dark side of it of course is the amount of stars that have died recently, as good as the WWE is, tragedy does seem to plague them Shocked Sad .

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:06 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
The WWE, or as it was years ago the WWF !, good family entertainment cheers . It has of course changed over the years. I remember as a kid when the Saturday morning wrestling would come on tv, with Big Daddy and the like ! lol! , he never lost a fight, that I can remember Suspect Rolling Eyes ! Then occasionally they would highlight a match or two from the WWF as it was then.
Usually it was always the Hart foundation against the British Bulldogs ! it was always very good. Later as I got older and sky sports first pop up, the main events were broadcast ! Even now I still look forward to watching Wrestlemania with my son, but my favourite event is still the royal rumble Very Happy
It is a shame that all the old faces that I remember have nearly all but retired now, but the new generation seem to hold their own. I must admit I have not seen a show now for a few years (apart from aforementioned wrestlemania and Rumble), but you are always entertained with their shows.
The dark side of it of course is the amount of stars that have died recently, as good as the WWE is, tragedy does seem to plague them Shocked Sad .

I remember this stuff a lot Dal and it is such a shame that many great wrestlers have passed on, I will miss the Ultimate Warrior so much:( I just hope that Jake the Snake Roberts is going to recover fine. I love the Royal Rumble too as well as the Survivors Series and King of the King!

Well Dal, you can re-see ALL of your favorite WWE, WCW & ECW events thru the WWE Network in October! Just sign up, it is only $9.99 in the US a month and will be available in the UK October 1st! It it truly a great way to watch the legendary stuff and even the recent events AT ANY TIME you want INCLUDING ALL Royal Rumble events!! If you got questions, I am the one to ask dude:)

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:13 pm

It sounds like a great idea! better than paying for one off events! I will no doubt check in at some point and check it out Very Happy .

Favourite wrestler ? probably still the Great 'British BullDog'

Favourite Diva ?? too many to decide ! lol!

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
It sounds like a great idea! better than paying for one off events! I will no doubt check in at some point and check it out Very Happy .

Favourite wrestler ? probably still the Great 'British BullDog'

Favourite Diva ?? too many to decide ! lol!

Believe Me Dal, WWE Network is totally worth it! Yeah, Davey Boy was great, My favorite time of his was in 95 - 96, I feel he was great as a heel or bad guy.

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:50 pm

An intresting post, Brandon Smile

For me, it was the 'Undertaker' he was a fave of mine, this was back in the late 1980's, early 90's. I remember buying a Nintendo (SNES) game with him in it, my nephews at the time loved all that U.S wrestling, they had the WWF figures and ring for one Christmas. I like it, the over acting and stuff is hilarious!

I'm also a big fan of NASCAR and INDYCAR, especially the 'Daytona 500' & 'Indy-500' races. I also like the short Bristol and 'Dover - (Monster Mile) race tracks'.
I haven't been following it recently though bounce I recreate some of those races on my 8 lane analogue slotcar track Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The MAM figures are ideal for WWF kit bashes and customs Wink bounce

I'm now trying to find out where I stored my early 1990's NASCAR videos that I recorded bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://actionmanworld.forumotion.co.uk
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:48 am

clivvers wrote:
An intresting post, Brandon Smile

For me, it was the 'Undertaker' he was a fave of mine, this was back in the late 1980's, early 90's. I remember buying a Nintendo (SNES) game with him in it, my nephews at the time loved all that U.S wrestling, they had the WWF figures and ring for one Christmas. I like it, the over acting and stuff is hilarious!

Thanks Clivvers Smile YES, The Undertaker was truly great back then and that game you were talking about was WWF Super Wrestlemania, a classic indeed! Those WWF figures were great too!

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:53 am

One thing that I must mention here which is a very important note of Mine: Back in the blossoming age of the Internet way back in the 90s, I was a wrestling reporter for many web pages that no longer exist and I had retired in the early 2000s. It was a fun job but man it could be very hectic and frustrating and I am glad that I retired from it. I just wanted to share that with you guys Smile

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:14 pm

Nice one, Brandon! bounce

I bet it was hard work gathering all the latest news and editing the data for those websites.

At the moment I'm working on a project which is taking longer than I anticipated. I've been using my CAD program day and night for the last 3 weeks. My cameras have been out on photo-shoots for 5 full days over the last 4 weeks! I've taken hundreds of pictures, each photo file is 40-45 megabytes in size, and out of all those photos, only about 50 good ones will be used Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:20 pm

clivvers wrote:

I bet it was hard work gathering all the latest news and editing the data for those websites.

At the moment I'm working on a project which is taking longer than I anticipated. I've been using my CAD program day and night for the last 3 weeks. My cameras have been out on photo-shoots for 5 full days over the last 4 weeks! I've taken hundreds of pictures, each photo file is 40-45 megabytes in size, and out of all those photos, only about 50 good ones will be used Embarassed

sounds terrific Clive ! looking forward to seeing it mate bounce

BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:29 pm

It's my hardest work to date Wink I've also got another 'Episode 3' planned for summer 2015 Wink

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:41 pm

clivvers wrote:

Oh indeed it was, it was quite different back then.

Sounds like a huge project that you are working one, can't wait for you to get done Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:42 pm

So anybody in the UK looking forward to the WWE network in October?

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:53 am

Just got done watching Night of Champions of the WWE Network! It was an amazing event earlier tonight. Totally worth the $9.99. Some surprises and big moments. Just in case you don't want to know, I will not spoil anything Smile

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:46 am

I remember one time many years ago some friends and I went to see wrestling just shortly after the Road Warriors first started wrestling... Around 1983...

I had a friend who was 6ft 5 inches tall and bulky...
Anyhow the Road Warriors knocked a sign out of his wifes hands when they came down to the ring.
After the match my friend held that same sign and told the Road Warriors to knock it out of his hands.
Well a struggle broke out and my friend actually punched one of the Road Warriors!
Big Mistake! lol... I think it was Animal but Animal knocked some of my friends teeth out...lol
My friend said it was like hitting a brick wall when he hit Animal...
I'll never forget that...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 am

inntruderr61 wrote:
I remember one time many years ago some friends and I went to see wrestling just shortly after the Road Warriors first started wrestling... Around 1983...

Anyhow the Road Warriors knocked a sign out of his wifes hands when they came down to the ring.
After the match my friend held that same sign and told the Road Warriors to knock it out of his hands.
Well a struggle broke out and my friend actually punched one of the Road Warriors!
Big Mistake! lol... I think it was Animal but Animal knocked some of my friends teeth out...lol

That is one incredible story dude, thanks so much for sharing it with Me Very Happy

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:21 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:

Flipping eck! He escaped with his life! Your mate was lucky! Shocked

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Hell in the Cell 2014   Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:29 am

Anybody see Hell in the Cell on the Network? IMO it was a so-so PPV. The Ambrose-Rollins match made up for the whole show though, possibly the match of the year IMO!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

Pro Wrestling Topics: UK gets WWE Network October 1st!!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1