Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Well, it had been years already around 2008 when I got M.A.R.S. Heroes at My local Walgreens. These guys I thought were terrific because I love that they were inspired by Doom and War of the Worlds so these were right up My alley!  They are made by Hap-P-Kid and has very good sculpting and articulation and their parts can be interchanged with one-another and they are about 3 1/2" tall!

I had wrote a review for MWC a while back not to long after I got them so I will post the pics that I took then in this topic! Questions just ask Me and thanks for looking Smile

------------------------------------------------------

SERIES 1

Carded front and Back

TROOPERS

Green Trooper

Red Trooper

Grey Trooper

MEGABOTS

Grey MegaBot

Green MegaBot

Blue MegaBot

ALIENS

Green Alien

Orange Alien

Blue Alien

Interchange Feature

Group Shot

Figure Size Comparison: NOTE: You can see the size comparison and how well the sculpting is on these individuals. In the one photo you can see the red Trooper with Microman's DC Batman, Street Fighter Chun Li and AVP's Celtic Predator, Takara's DOA Hitomi, Spylounge's Agent Annika, Marvel Legends Showdown Berserker Wolverine, Incredible Hulk and Namor, GI Joe's Baroness and Star Wars' Aayla Secura. I chose them from those lines to show the collector that they are indeed in scale with the top series' in that scale and that they look fine with them so you can have an addition with your collection displays!

SERIES 2: NOTE: I do not have any pics of them loose, this is all I have for now, they are in storage and I do not know when I can get to them!

Thanks so much for checking this out Very Happy

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I

Last edited by BrandontheFigureFreak on Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Great post Brandon ,interesting figures !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:46 pm

Captian action wrote:
Great post Brandon ,interesting figures !

Thanks very much Captain Action Very Happy

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:15 pm

They look great! The packaging is the usual design for these type of small figures. I would have liked to have seen a Martian landscape/battlefield on the packaging front (just behind the figure contents) . I can imagine how much fun can be had setting up huge M.A.R.S battles and dioramas  Very Happy  

Slow disclosure through Sci-Fi films and toys, and what a great idea! Goodbye 'Flat Earth society!  alien  alien  alien  alien  lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:01 am

clivvers wrote:
They look great! The packaging is the usual design for these type of small figures. I would have liked to have seen a Martian landscape/battlefield on the packaging front (just behind the figure contents) . I can imagine how much fun can be had setting up huge M.A.R.S battles and dioramas  Very Happy  

Slow disclosure through Sci-Fi films and toys, and what a great idea! Goodbye 'Flat Earth society!  alien  alien  alien  alien  lol!

Thanks a lot dude, I appreciate your comment very much! I really never thought about the packaging but man that does sound great Cool

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Alien Attack! M.A.R.S. Heros Knockoffs/Bootlegs!!!!!!!!!   Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:18 am

Whoa, it was yesterday late afternoon/evening I was at Planet Fitness with My Mom and when we were getting finished with out long out, she wanted to go next door to the Family Dollar (I had been in other Family Dollars but not this one yet) to get some Ranch salad dressing so didn't have to go to the actual grocery store so just in case she asked Me if they got food and I said yeah they do so of course I had agreed and we went there and she got her dressing and she was ready to roll but I wanted to quickly checkout the toy isles (cuz I know Family Dollar is known for having good figures and such from previous visits) and low-and-behold I see M.A.R.S. Heroes, figures I haven't seen anywhere in years  Shocked Exclamation  Exclamation However, I soon realized they were in a box set and under a NEW name called ALIEN ATTACK alien They are actually what I believe to be bootlegs/knockoffs by Family Dollar Services inspired by Hap-P-Kid's original figures! I took them out of the box (didn't take loose pics, will do when I can) and they are identical sculpts to the first ones and they are great quality and interchange like the others as well and I find these just as good if not better than the real thing! A cool bonus is that the aliens lite up! I was disappointed cuz only the blue one lites up cuz the factory stripped the screws of the battery covers of the other two but it wasn't a big deal to Me to cuz the whole pack was only $5 Exclamation  Shocked  
I took some pics below, take a gander at them, thanks for for looking Smile  

Thanks for Looking Smile

Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:56 am

cool figs mate bounce

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:58 am

Blondeactionman wrote:
cool figs mate bounce

Thanks very much Dal Smile

Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:31 pm

Another nice catch, Brandon! They look great! And only $5  cheers

They are probably intended as a cheap alternative to the more expensive 'Transformers'. These attractive sci-fi warriors are what I class as cheap Christmas stocking fillers, or birthday pressies for youngsters in families who have a low income. They're also ideal for us action figure fans collecting on a budget!. The box design is very important for young eyes, it attracts their attention.

The designers have done a fairly good job on the box design, everything is layed out to entice (as usual). The short text intro is also very inspiring. I would have been thrilled with these on Christmas morning back in the day! The box art on the back would have given me a big buzz! I'll be checking out my local £1 store in the run up to Christmas! They might have something similar in double figure packs bounce

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:25 am

clivvers wrote:
Another nice catch, Brandon! They look great! And only $5  cheers

They are probably intended as a cheap alternative to the more expensive 'Transformers'. These attractive sci-fi warriors are what I class as cheap Christmas stocking fillers, or birthday pressies for youngsters in families who have a low income. They're also ideal for us action figure fans collecting on a budget!. The box design is very important for young eyes, it attracts their attention.

The designers have done a fairly good job on the box design, everything is layed out to entice (as usual). The short text intro is also very inspiring. I would have been thrilled with these on Christmas morning back in the day! The box art on the back would have given me a big buzz! I'll be checking out my local £1 store in the run up to Christmas! They might have something similar in double figure packs bounce

Thanks Clivvers! Yes, you be correct on this stuff Cool Amazing comment dude, thanks Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!   

Back to top Go down

M.A.R.S. Heroes -> I just aquired Knockoffs!!!!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1