ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Flock removal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:57 pm

Anyone know the best way of removing flock easily from a fuzzy head? I have a blonde fuzzy and he is really patchy but he has nice blondy paint job underneath so I thought I'd get shot of it and just have a fake PH.
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:03 pm

i was told many moons ago

Smother the noggin in Mr Muscle Oven cleaner then tie up in an air tight bag or simular and leave him over night Smile

Flocktastic told me smothers his heads in oven cleaner then seals them in a margerine tub for a couple of days then easily scrapes the flock off with a knife Smile

Post a run through mate when you do it Smile
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:45 pm

Cheers Dan. Doesnt even look like glue has been used! It literally looks like it was flocked while the paint was still wet to save on glue! Lol
Back to top Go down

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Soak the head in denatured or isopropyl alcohol, then scrape it off with an old credit card.

Rick
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:52 pm

Im not one for following instructions very well (a bit rebelious you could say) so I used nail polish remover and a lighter and then did a bit of sanding after!! I actually really like the look of a de-flocked fuzzy with a painted head.. What do you guys think??Flock removal Photo-92
Flock removal Photo-93
Please excuse the sideways photos as I had iPhone sideways and couldn't be arsed to rotate images!! (don't know how to be honest)
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 7:54 pm

he looks great ross, you have done a smashing job there buddy, looking forward to seeing him back on his body cheers
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 11:54 am

Thanks Dal.
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:14 pm

Well done Ross, I do like the painted head, de-flocked,
Back to top Go down
ghost recon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
ghost recon

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 10:09 am

Great work Ross , does this mean your coming around to a PH way of thinking lol......................Good !! About time too lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flock removal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flock removal   Flock removal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flock removal
Page 1 of 1