Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Gamera Memorial Box Set!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Gamera Memorial Box Set!   Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:19 pm

It was over 10 years ago (really?????) that I had acquired the very special 1999 Gamera Memorial Box Set made by Bandai from a now defunct Kaiju web store. During and before that time I had an obsession on trying to acquire a great Godzilla Kaiju collection which was very difficult to do and afford. As you know by now from viewing other topics that I created on this board, I am a huge Japanese Monster buff and have been since I was little. Godzilla has always been #1 with Me but the number 2 spot belongs to Gamera.

Well, I was unable to acquire The absolutely huge Godzilla Memorial Box Set due to it being extremely scarce and insanely expensive nor any of Bandai's other vinyl Kaiju figures due to the same reasons but thank goodness I was able to obtain the legendary Gamera Memorial Box Set. It was $80 bucks but it was literally hundreds of dollars less than the Godzilla set thus making it a great deal in not only value but for a very fun set for memories and the like.

Now, ALL of these figures are Bandai reproductions of the original 8" vinyl figures from the 90s and are still vinyl, has the traditional book-card pinned to the figure, all sport tremendous sculpting, nice painting and a decent amount of articulation and range from 5" to 8". The figures consist of Gamera and all of his major foes from the Showa era Shocked Without further-ado, take a gander at the pics of one of My most prized possessions of all Exclamation

-------------------------------------------------

The Box: Note how movie poster-esque it is!

Gamera: He has a different body, pose and color compared to the original Bandai figure.

Gyaos: He is painted much different the original.

Barugon: He has a totally different pain scheme compared to the original, to this day, I still don't know why they opted this choice Question

Jaiger/Monster X: She has a much better paint job and her horns are painted realistically this time. NOTE: She is My favorite Gamera Kaiju of all and always has been!

Guiron: His paint has only been slightly changed,

Viras: I believe he is nearly identical to the original.

Zigra: The original figure had leg-fins where this version has feet, IMO it is more accurate to the reality of the film because that is how the monster suit really was.

Group Shot: I think the scale size of them all is pretty good.

That is all, thanks for looking Smile

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.Don't have one,don't need one!.com
Blondeactionman
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gamera Memorial Box Set!   Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:59 pm

superb mate!, great sets mate bounce

ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Gamera Memorial Box Set!   Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
superb mate!, great sets mate bounce

Thanks very much Dal Smile

"Remember: Looks are deceiving, everything We know may not be true, We are only beginning to learn." - I
Back to top Go down
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Gamera Memorial Box Set!   Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:06 pm

Lovely! They are classic figures for sure  cheers  cheers  cheers

The Japanese certainly know how to treat us with their attractive box art. Do you also like Japanese Manga and Animie??

If you do then I though you might like these movies.. Sorry to invade your post and go off subject a little..

My fave Manga/Anime movies are : 'Monster City' and 'Lensman' plus anything 'Robotech'. I used to collect the glossy 'Manga' magazines in the early 90's, they are some of the most colourful mags ever! They were full of beautiful artwork!  Very Happy  Very Happy

It's always best to watch the whole movie rather than skip parts. This is a very creepy and exciting movie..
Monster City (Demon City)..

The effects in Lensman are superb..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beatlefan
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Gamera Memorial Box Set!   Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:42 pm

Fantastic set Brandon! Very impressive figures mate.

BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Gamera Memorial Box Set!   Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:54 am

clivvers wrote:
Lovely! They are classic figures for sure  cheers  cheers  cheers

The Japanese certainly know how to treat us with their attractive box art. Do you also like Japanese Manga and Animie??

If you do then I though you might like these movies.. Sorry to invade your post and go off subject a little..

Thanks a lot Clivvers and you be right, they sure do! Uh, yeah, you do invade My topics..... a lot Razz I kinda like Anime, really just Voltron and any Anmie with awesome females bounce

Thanks Clivvers for your comment Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BrandontheFigureFreak
ASTRONAUGHT

PostSubject: Re: Gamera Memorial Box Set!   Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:55 am

Beatlefan wrote:
Fantastic set Brandon! Very impressive figures mate.

Thanks very much dude, I appreciate that a lot Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gamera Memorial Box Set!   

Back to top Go down

Gamera Memorial Box Set!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1