Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EBay Suprise

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sparkys6887
Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:11 am

My oh my......

Having been hanging on for a few days holiday over half term typically I went down with a virus!!! Arthritis kicked off and I felt bloody awful. Really felt for Sara and the kids, we had a few trips planned that hadn't ended the way we all hoped

So whilst I was tucked up in bed searching eBay and feeling sorry for myself I noticed some listings by someone who was obviously having trouble selling what they had. They had mixed up uniforms, were trying to sell broken guns. Some of the listings were wayyyyyy overpriced and with some they could have made more money with correct complete listings. So I decided I'd try to help and sent some messages telling the seller what they had and how they could sell an almost complete RCMP, a part FFL, Arctic Marine, etc to say that one figure was a BP EE with good flock, that the hands on the fuzzheads always perished and it wasn't the end of the world. I said it might be an idea to cut the string of a good bren gun and to look to see if they had the bi-pod. Same with a Vickers and tripod I was really enjoying myself, I would have loved to have lived nearer so I could help more. The owner a woman was really appreciative. I told her the engine block was SMDM and I had paid £10.00 for mine and NOT to throw away the Tom Stone head even though the rest of the body was missing. I pointed her to action man HQ and the pictures of complete figures....

She said she wanted to thank me and send me a figure, the BP EE complete with basic soldier uniform (beret and cap badge).

Next day she contacted me to say she was out of her depth and if she sent me what she had I could sell them and we'd share the profits. Sadly my help wouldn't stretch that far. The reason I was ill in bed was because I've been working way to hard. A few hours later she contacted me to say if I wanted to I could buy the lot of her for £65.00!!!!!!! She said she didn't want to make any money out of it, that she had spent £35.00 in listing fees and the post was likely to be about £30.00 as she was sending a BIG box. It should arrive on Thursday/Friday this week.

My Dad is in many ways a great bloke but he's a cynical sod and I could hear him saying if its to good to be true then it probably is.well this definately seemed to good to be true but she seemed really nice and what the heck, what does £65.00 buy now a days. Well maybe dad a whole lotta fun Smile

I haven't told Sara yet so fingers crossed with that and I'm counting down the days.
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:46 am

First off I hope you start feeling better soon!
And hopefully that lot pans out for you!

Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:13 am

good luck ,fingers crossed !, get well soon !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenEBay Suprise G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Sparklebudgie
Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 8:16 am

Hope you are feeling better this morning.
Bet you are looking forward to that parcel bounce bounce

PH5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 9:02 am

Hopefully karma will pay you back for your good deed and the box will be a VAM treasure trove!

Let us know what is in it when it arrives, I like winning mixed lots of what look like junk and finding good stuff hidden amongst the tat.
Back to top Go down
snow white
French Resistance
snow white

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 10:15 am

great stuff looks like christmas is coming early

Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks chaps. Feeling better but not 100%. I'm really looking forward to what I might find. Will definately let you know what's in the box Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 2:24 pm

OMG Just looked at a photo the seller sent me and it looks like there is an almost complete Gyperman solo motorbike!!! Looks like the handle bar is broken and headlight missing, (which may be in the box of stuff) I guess I'll never find those bits but it looks fantastic Smile There is a jeep type of vehicle which might be a Landy with palitoy trailer too. Though that doesn't look in such good condition. Just gunna have to be patient Wink
Back to top Go down
Blondeactionman
Admin
Blondeactionman

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Great result sparky! well done buddy bounce

Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 5:17 pm

Fingers crossed for you mate!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Beatlefan
Admin
Beatlefan

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2014 6:30 pm

Nice one Mark. Must be like waiting for Christmas morning lol!

EBay Suprise Volgan10
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Deep Sea Diver
blueboxier

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 11:46 am

mark you are a lucky duck you know , if the landy and trailer are that bad do you still have my address as i dont mind poor quality stuff over here jocolor pay it forward does work i hope the missing bits of the motor bike are hiding in the box for you

Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 11:29 pm

I felt very lucky Jim when I got home and this was at home. Can't repeat what my wife said lol.

EBay Suprise 20141106_163911_zpsf78efaeb

Only had time for a quick look inside.

EBay Suprise 20141106_164155_zps0f852ba6[/URL

There was a MAM and MAM motorbike that I will give to my two year Action Man god son.

The overalls which I thought were MAM are gyperman and it turned out the fellow in the Arctic outfit is also a gyperman!!!!! He needs a bit of TLC but wtf I'm over the moon.

EBay Suprise 20141106_165752_zpsc742d552

Haven't managed to get to the bottom of the box yet but look at this beauty. Hope the wheels are there.

EBay Suprise 20141106_165746_zpsf9b4824f

I've also found an almost complete RCMP which was next on my wish list. More to come........

Forgot to say that I had a lovely message from the woman I bought this off saying how pleased she is I have this lot, she even thanked me Smile What an amazing weekend Wink
Back to top Go down
snow white
French Resistance
snow white

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 12:46 am

brilliant

inntruderr61

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 2:44 am

Awesome! Great to hear things worked out! Very Happy
I can just imagine what your wife said... lol!

Admin
Blondeactionman

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 8:19 am

Great score Mark!. looking forward to seeing what other little gem are hidden away in the box bounce

Sabotage
Sparklebudgie

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 9:38 am

Excellent. love getting parcels like this. cheers

PH5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 10:45 am

Nice one Mark, I am sure your wife was very pleased for you, especially if you have been having a rough time recently.

(or more likely said what rubbish haveyou been buying now off E bay - mine would have!)
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Deep Sea Diver
blueboxier

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 11:20 am

[. Can't repeat what my wife said lol.[/quote] im sure it was along the lines of oh dear here is a large box that came for you while you were at work , now you take it into your man cave and have a nice long look at it take your time i'll put your dinner in the oven to keep nice and warm for you jocolor i would emptied the box 1st thing hope everything you want is in it

French Resistance
snow white

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 2:42 pm

i have dreams like this

Prof Gangrene Fan

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 3:47 pm

I'v just read all of this post now and WOW what a HUGE box you got there, I bet your reach the bottom by Christmas Day sounds like, I hope you have meany days and weeks of fun with all that stuff Wink.

ASTRONAUGHT
TALLY HO

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 4:42 pm

looks good well done
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
Australian Jungle Fighter
somekindajoe

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 8:18 am

bounce Christmas came early Mark!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 2:02 pm

Yep Christmas came early... Can't to hear what else was in the box... bounce

Deep Sea Diver
Sparkys6887

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Thanks chaps flat out at work at the moment so struggling to find time for the box. There is a landy and trailor. Not really been able to see what it's like but it needs a good tidy. Frustratingly I gave away a front bumper two years ago and now I need one Wink

I really love this though. The little black wheels were there but as for finding the handlebars, headlight and panniers.....

EBay Suprise 20141109_142933_zpsbf5fdb14

I've also found this, complete with original hands. Need the correct label and the hat band but again I love it. Never managed to save enough stars as a kid as was always tempted by something else.

EBay Suprise 20141109_143019_zpsb7a2faa5
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EBay Suprise Empty
PostSubject: Re: EBay Suprise   EBay Suprise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EBay Suprise
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO) :: AMMO Commons :: Off Topic-
Jump to: