ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Snow Patrol Bash First Steps

Go down 
+8
Captian action
gibri
ak615
somekindajoe
pachwerk
inntruderr61
BAMComix
TheOneManKid
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Empty
PostSubject: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:50 pm

I've acquired two very mucky, but basically good GI Joe Snow Patrol outfits, one looks like a late HK tagged version and the other is a much more detailed and presumably earlier Japan tagged version. I am using the HK ones as a test for cleaning up the Japan ones, so in these pics the HK ones have had a first clean, but they arrived equally mucky and stained!

The rust stain on the HK ones has lightened a little. I've read that using fizzy denture cleaning tablets are the way to go with whitening whites and removing stains. I might try that before trying some more harsh stain removers.

I'm hoping to use the Japan ones for a cool Snow Patrol bash using various bits and pieces from my collection and in anticipation of a great snow day.

Wish me luck!  cheers

Snow Patrol Bash First Steps P1000710

Snow Patrol Bash First Steps P1000711

Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:53 pm

nice pick ups ralph!, I think Damo had some real cool cleaning methods, why not drop him a pm for some additional advice? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:58 pm

Nice additions! Lots of play value in those... lol!

Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 5:58 pm

I'd like to know what you come up with for cleaning the white snow suit.  I've ruined one with an attempted bleaching.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:07 pm

pachwerk wrote:
I'd like to know what you come up with for cleaning the white snow suit.  I've ruined one with an attempted bleaching.

I will share all the steps, I think the approach to bleaching is important, but I am experimenting. I am starting with the least aggressive approach and working up from there.

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:08 pm

My wife actually bleached one of those snow suits a couple years ago and its still holding up.
She used 8 cups of water in a container with one capful of bleach. Soaked items for
10 minutes then rinsed out with cold water. Repeat if necessary...

Of course I would recommend trying less harsh cleaners first because fabric condition differs from case to case...

Even though I jumped right in using bleach... lol!

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:18 pm

inntruderr61 wrote:
My wife actually bleached one of those snow suits a couple years ago and its still holding up.
She used 8 cups of water in a container with one capful of bleach. Soaked items for

Of course I would recommend trying less harsh cleaners first because fabric condition differs from case to case...

In at the deep end, sink or swim! lol!

I don't want to do that with the Japan tagged ones, so I am taking the softly softly approach with the HKs!

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:26 pm

TheOneManKid wrote:
inntruderr61 wrote:

In at the deep end, sink or swim!  lol!

I don't want to do that with the Japan tagged ones, so I am taking the softly softly approach with the HKs!

I completely understand that TheOneManKid! Actually that soft approach should be tried first on old fabrics...
I just wasn't patient enough... lol!

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm half I remember hearing that those 'Oxy' type cleaners work best on 'Winter whites' lol!

I'm sure Tom K will look great in your snow pics.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:25 pm

pachwerk wrote:

I bleached a pair of wranglers back in the 70's, I thought white would look cooler than blue. they looked great for about a week until they fell apart

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Whiter than white results...   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:14 pm

For whiter than white results use Steradent Active Plus Denture Tablets! Just gently hand was your garment first with Ecover laundry liquid and soak for a few hours to remove grime, dry and then soak again for a further 8 hours in 2 or 3 tablets of Steradent Active Plus Denture Tablets. As recommended by all good dentists... Razz

Didn't completely get rid all the rust stain though, but not too bad! Notice the brown string on the jacket, that is to re-thread the hood pull once I've found some decent white string!

Snow Patrol Bash First Steps P1000712

Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 7:48 pm

Looking good Ralph

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Shocked So bright....it's hurting my eyes! lol!

They've cleaned up a treat Ralph. Is Seven's cap a nod to a potential Marine Arctic feel to the upcoming bash?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:05 pm

somekindajoe wrote:

Shocked  So bright....it's hurting my eyes! lol!

They've cleaned up a treat Ralph. Is Seven's cap a nod to a potential Marine Arctic feel to the upcoming bash?

...could be Steve... Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 8:41 pm

Yes very bright... Very Happy
I had to put my sunglasses on to look at them... lol!

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:07 am

Nice work, Ralph, they came out great!

I bleached an MP belt a few years ago. It came out very well, but... the shirt under the belt didn't fare so well...as long as he's wearing the belt one doesn't notice the white stripe on the shirt...Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad drunken

Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 8:39 am

well done ,great job

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenSnow Patrol Bash First Steps G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 9:09 am

Top work Ralph!, they look amazing! cheers
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 10:29 am

a definite improvement there ralph

Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 12:22 pm

TheOneManKid very well done getting your hands dirty and covered in Denture Tablets bubbles and you know what they look ALWHITE Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Second set get the denture white treatment   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 7:11 pm

Here's the second set all cleaned up! Trousers are labelled as 3rd issue Japan '64 to '65 and the jacket is labelled as 5th issue Japan tagged '66 to '73, so if it was bought as a complete set, I guess that dates it as '66-ish. Not sure how accurate the information is here though http://www.mysite4u.com/toys/gijoe/gi_joe_action_figures.htm

Anyhow, they got the same treatment and turned out pretty good! Just some slight dark staining still around the cuffs, but doesn't really show! I did remove the pocket badge for the Steradent treatment, but after the hand wash, as I was worried that the chemicals might damage the very nice condition badge. I also re-twisted the hood pulls, to get that nice rope style... Cool

Next is to get it accessorized!

Snow Patrol Bash First Steps P1000713

Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 7:45 pm

Looking good Ralph bounce bounce

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:15 pm

Awesome Ralph! bounce
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 1:27 am

Great restoration work, Ralph!

Let it snow! bounce bounce bounce

TheOneManKid
Red Devil
TheOneManKid

PostSubject: Snow Patrol Bash finally saw some snow!   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:36 pm

Well when I got home from working in sunny London town and found there was a pathetic layer of snow left in the garden, but I thought I have to take a chance and at least get one snap, so here it is... Razz

Gave it a quick effect to make it look a little colder than it really was!

Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Seveni14

Added this effect to make the situation look a little meaner than it really was... Cool

Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Seveni13

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snow Patrol Bash First Steps   Snow Patrol Bash First Steps Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Snow Patrol Bash First Steps
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next