ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ

Go down 
+7
inntruderr61
clivvers
ak615
BAMComix
somekindajoe
Professor Gangrene Fan
Danthecoat
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Empty
PostSubject: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 4:06 pm

For those of you that know me i have always banged on and on about the Action Man Colditz set i was given for christmas back in 77-78 as a "SHARED" affraid  Christmas present with my older brother Tony. (Yep its way up there with SKJ Green Beret Story) No

Anyways after seeing Deanos fantastic set i just fell in love with it all over again and then my new chase was on Smile Yesterday i received a superb set nigh on minty and the bits including the carded red carry case and Sentry box have not even been used Smile

I couldn't wait to get home yesterday as my brother was meeting me for a belated christmas drink/meal last night and there waiting for me was this parcel. I said to him "Wait till you see what i got" He rolled his eyes as always because he just doesn't understand why i or anyone collect toys still. When he saw this set he said "Oh my god i remember this" I said to him "yeah and i got mugged off with the escape officer" quick as a flash he said "only cos you wanted the cool bearded figure" and then i remembered for the 1st time that OUR set came with two figures!!!!

Now i know the Colditz set was never released with figures (It even says so on the box) so when Dad got here i showed him but sadly he didnt even remember the set let alone the figures Sad (definitely a mum present that one then ) Rolling Eyes

Tony even remembered how they were dressed in the box so whilst we were waiting for Big Bro to show up i let him raid my box of spare figures and he dressed them and put them in the box Smile

I said "bet you want one now" ?????

affraid  "No way" he said "you're weird playing with dollies" Evil or Very Mad but i could tell he enjoyed it Twisted Evil

Heres my set (Sorry to waffle just felt i had to share it)

ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Img_3636

ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Img_3637

Here it is Now Smile

ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Coldit11
Back to top Go down
Professor Gangrene Fan
Professor Gangrene Fan

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:30 pm

You don't need to be sorry for waffle on, it was a lovely story down memory Christmas 77-78 lane to hear about Dan Very Happy. It's just so nice to hear that you've finally got your hands on a Action Man Escape From Coulditz and even better that you found the set not even been used.

Outstanding News Wink.

French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:37 pm

Waffle on all you like Dan, it's great to hear people reminisce about their childhood Vam. It is after all why we're all here (Although I don't know what you mean about my Green Beret story! lol! )

Colditz is a fantastic set and your one really does look minty! Well done!

...but your original one came complete with figures? They weren't from that stash of freebies your parents got from Palitoy and never told you about were they?? Rolling Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 5:44 pm

Fantastic mate, you got it!!! Very Happy , well done my friend!. Terrific stuff about you and your brother sharing and then remembering a childhood Christmas!!, whoever put them figures in the box certainly made a great memory for you and your brother Very Happy , Thanks for sharing mate.

Now skj, the green beret story, don't think i've heard that one Suspect , tell us again ! Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Great stuff Dan, and without a doubt my favourite Action man set of all!!..even the art work is superb.

I can also remember getting my original set whenever it came out (1975?)....and i remember the excitement of playing with it when the BBC series of Colditz was on TV.

Well done on getting that beautiful set, i envy you!
I do have my own set, but the box front has an inch tear at the bottom, (£3 i paid for it too!! Wink )but the sentry box and other accessories are in great condition.

Did anyone ever solve the mystery about the boxes with the Kamp Kommandant listed as well as the escape Officer and Sentry?

Thanks for showing this, it is gorgeous.
Neil.
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:30 pm

Das ist fantatasiche !!!

I remember when my brother got his set one Christmas I wasn't jealous at all not one bit  Rolling Eyes

HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 9:49 pm

The joys of family life, great waffle, Dan cheers

What a beaut of a set, have you sniffed the box yet? It's highly recommended for that original vintage wiff Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 11:41 pm

great set
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 12:35 am

I love those childhhood stories also... cheers
Nice set! Very Happy

Flock Head (Hard Hands)
Fonnezz

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 11:37 am

I'd like this set as well but they always go fro quite a ot of dosh. I even considered a 40th but as of yet not committed to purchasing one.

Great set of photos as well.
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 12:07 pm

what a nice story makes me feel so soppy inside

Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Great story Dan and super set complete with stars; )

Just noticed your abbreviated name is an anagram of and. I know, feels like a long day already Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Fonnezz wrote:
I'd like this set as well but they always go fro quite a ot of dosh. I even considered a 40th but as of yet not committed to purchasing one.

Great set of photos as well.

The 40th set is highly recommended if you can't afford an original set (£££). You can always replace the 40th uniforms/equipment with original ones. I've now added some original parts to my set since I took these pics.. https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t3725-colditz-set-with-added-figure

Clive.

Paintedhead5121
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Paintedhead5121

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 2:28 pm

That looks great, I have been to Colditz and would love to get the set.

As an aside, is that the correct German uniform? I realise you may know better than me Dan having had one back in the day, but I thought the Colditz German uniform was a brighter green (or so I was led to believe when I bought a uniform described as being from the set).
Back to top Go down
Danthecoat
Crash Crew
Danthecoat

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:06 pm

The Ulsterman wrote:
Great stuff Dan, and without a doubt my favourite Action man set of all!!..even the art work is superb.

I can also remember getting my original set whenever it came out (1975?)....and i remember the excitement of playing with it when the BBC series of Colditz was on TV.

Well done on getting that beautiful set, i envy you!
I do have my own set, but the box front has an inch tear at the bottom, (£3 i paid for it too!! Wink )but the sentry box and other accessories are in great condition.

Did anyone ever solve the mystery about the boxes with the Kamp Kommandant listed as well as the escape Officer and Sentry?

Thanks for showing this, it is gorgeous.
Neil.

There are a few misprints out there with Kamp Kommandant on the box and these are SUPER RARE as are the few that had the sticker placed over the Kamp Kommandant and if your really luck and BRAVE No  you can sometimes peel these stickers off Smile

Clivvers wrote:

The 40th set is highly recommended if you can't afford an original set (£££). You can always replace the 40th uniforms/equipment with original ones. I've now added some original parts to my set since I took these pics.. https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t3725-colditz-set-with-added-figure

Clive.

Definitely mate and the 40th set looks the business Smile

PH5121 wrote:
That looks great, I have been to Colditz and would love to get the set.

As an aside, is that the correct German uniform? I realise you may know better than me Dan having had one back in the day, but I thought the Colditz German uniform was a brighter green (or so I was led to believe when I bought a uniform described as being from the set).

Thats a common misconception and one which i have been guilty of quoting in the past until i saw a carded german uniform at a friends that was the turquoise green so that put paid to that Smile

Super rare uniform to get wherever it came from Smile

Wanna sell it ???  lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ   ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ACTION MAN ESCAPE FROM COLDITZ
Page 1 of 1