ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dog sled restoration....for $1.99

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 Empty
PostSubject: Dog sled restoration....for $1.99   Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 3:14 am

As some of you know, I refuse to throw out any vintage item, vehicle or otherwise.  Even really bad uniforms have salvage value.  I picked up this vintage dog sled from the 'fight for survival' Joe set.  It was in a junk lot and I always meant to get around to doing something with it.  Having -20c temperatures outside and only being at work a couple days a week for the moment....well the time is now!  I have had a very productive Joe and VAM week (more posts to follow) and this quick little project was a nice way to end the week.  Here is what I started with.

Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 DSC_0751_zpsaczg2dvk

Action Man is wondering why HQ keeps sending him crap equipment..

I stopped by the hardware store, bought a stick of dowel and a length of square wood.  I started by reinforcing the bottom and hot gluing the supports in.

Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 DSC_0758_zps2y5ye3nm

I then started filed away the excess at the edges where the remnants of the old broken pieces were.

I then glued some rails in and the round bits...

Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 DSC_0756_zpsalfqcrne

Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 DSC_0757_zpsythpr6gq

Not an exact replica of the original, however I am quite pleased with it!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Dog sled restoration....for $1.99   Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 4:33 am

Looks great! cheers Nice work ActionJon! Very Happy

Eagle Eyes (Gripping Hands)
Walter1965

PostSubject: Re: Dog sled restoration....for $1.99   Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:38 pm

$1.99!! Outstanding....Ya sound like me!! I won't throw away ANYTHING!! I once picked up a painted and trashed DP jeep...originally for parts....When It came in the mail,I felt so bad for it ....I made my own parts cleaned it up and brought her back into service...Almost as good as new LOL....Great work there ActionJon!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Walts-16-figures-746793052029123/
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Dog sled restoration....for $1.99   Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 3:39 am

That's a good fix job, ActionJon cheers cheers cheers

You could always do a repaint in another colour..... If it was me, i would paint that sled in a new Arctic colour - "satin white" with silver runners  Very Happy

It's always nice to know there are dedicated folk out there doing a sterling job of fixing up old broken Joes, uniforms and equipment. I hope HASBRO see this forum and see what a dedicated bunch of G.I.JOE fans are on here.

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Dog sled restoration....for $1.99   Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 11:31 am

Stunning work mate! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog sled restoration....for $1.99   Dog sled restoration....for $1.99 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dog sled restoration....for $1.99
Page 1 of 1