ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

PalitoyLee collection

Go down 
+2
Sparkys6887
PalitoyLee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PalitoyLee
New Recruit
PalitoyLee

PalitoyLee collection  Empty
PostSubject: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 1:02 pm

Hi guys

Here's some pics of my loose collection thus far. My boxed figures i will add sometime very soon.

I have been collection VAM for only a couple of years now. I come from a vintage star wars collecting background
but after 10+ years of collecting sw have tired of the hobby somewhat for many reasons so harked back to my
true 70's childhood love of action man.

The Kevin King book has been a godsend for me plus the Alan Hall books which i added a year ago. I attended one AM day
in nov 13 which was awesome and picked up a few items. I've had a few bits also from Dan(thecoat) and everything else
has been through ebay.

My early goals(like many probably) were to focus on the Germans and ceremonials and go from there. The most important thing
for me is that it has to be all original(no 40th) which has been very challenging and informative along the way and the outfits must
be in as minty complete condition as i can find them. My main focus is 1970's boxed figures and outfits from that era

Some things to note are that the lance top half on the 17th/21st is 40th i think as it's quite lighter in colour than the bottom half (sold as original),
the combat marine badge on the beret i was told it is repro and the grenadier guards tunic has no label in it which makes me think 40th or Tommy gun,
i'm not too sure atm....anyway, i look to correct these sometime soon plus upgrade a couple of other bits - i think everything else is at it should be.
Would love to hear comments, corrections etc  Smile

My hot wants atm are any boxed figures that i am missing and a nice foreign legion and raf outfit if anyone can help  Smile

Cheers, Lee

PalitoyLee collection  CIMG2645_zps512b22ee
PalitoyLee collection  CIMG2644_zpsa5fabdd5
PalitoyLee collection  CIMG2650_zpsfd21a6ef
PalitoyLee collection  CIMG2649_zpsacea98b7
PalitoyLee collection  CIMG2646_zpscae02c74
PalitoyLee collection  CIMG2647_zpsf130a17c
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Great figures there Lee. I'm looking forward to seeing your boxes too. Think the tunic on your infantry major is incorrect mate. That looks more like the late British Tommy??
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 1:59 pm

Very impressive collection of minty troops Lee!!

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Think the tunic on your infantry major is incorrect mate. That looks more like the late British Tommy??

Nothing gets past your eagle eyes Mark! lol! Doesn't the Major need the 19th/21st lancer badged jacket?

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 2:19 pm

Spot on Steve. These are the Infantry Major fatigues. Im still after the lanyard for mine.

PalitoyLee collection  F0B7D72F_zps2214b581

PalitoyLee collection  9763EF4E_zpsbf144c0f
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Great set of men very nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 2:44 pm

My major looks the same as lees
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:04 pm

That's a bit odd Gary cos that Major has corporal stripes??!!
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:17 pm

Great collection Lee! cheers

New Recruit
PalitoyLee

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:35 pm

Thanks for your reply's guys.

After checking i see what you mean about the major tunic Mark! Gary has the same as mine also - i guess they are quite similar
in some ways and can get mixed up - i'll give Dan a shout - that's where my complete kit came from

Are the trousers the same on the two figures btw?

Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 3:42 pm

I think the trousers are the same Lee. I'm not 100% sure though as I don't have the last issue Tommy (with the webbing)
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:20 pm

fantastic selection of figures Lee!, top stuff, keep them coming cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 4:33 pm

I'll dig mine out later
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:17 pm

here he is and this was defo how it came from the shop it was one of the last ones i got bitd
PalitoyLee collection  IMG_20150201_171122_zpsrxkyr3dw
PalitoyLee collection  IMG_20150201_171137_zpsjyxthjds
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Thats really odd Gary. Those are defiantly Corporal Strips. Maybe a Friday afternoon Or he's a bit of a renagade after all he has a beard too lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:55 pm

Maybe a case of palitoy getting rid of what they had it was about 86 when I got it
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 2:44 pm

I got a similar uniform from Dal sometime back.

PalitoyLee collection  AM6_zpsbd97d6ca

I originally had it on a hybrid, but it is now hidden under this uniform:

PalitoyLee collection  20150126_172832_zpseb03ca5b

-Nate
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2015 8:19 pm

Nice Nate! Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: PalitoyLee collection    PalitoyLee collection  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PalitoyLee collection
Page 1 of 1