ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)

Go down 
+10
Glidah Drivah
Wolf_Soldier64
blueboxier
pachwerk
gibri
Rossini
BAMComix
Hawkeye
inntruderr61
Falcon
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Falcon

JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Empty
PostSubject: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 6:29 pm

Tradition runs strong in Colton family. Back IN '66, Joseph Colton, AKA GI Joe, won his green beret and devoted the rest of his life first serving the Special Forces and later leading the special unites named after his codenome, "GI Joe".

In the 80's, his son Joseph Colton II, the first man codenamed Falcon before Sgt Falcone, also became a green beret. When he left Army, he became a a true man of action, leading a team of of adventurers through dangerous missions.

Now its time for a new generation rise. Joseph Colton III is the grandson of the original Joe Colton, a 23 years old pure breed soldier leading missions in Afghanistan against Taliban. His keen eyes and bravery in battlefield, always leading his comrades of action has granted him the nickname of Eagle. And he has landed!

JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Gb411
JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Profil11

THE IDEA

The idea was pretty straight. GI Joe completed his 50th anniversary and I wanted to do a homage to his Green Beret kit, being one of the most famous released by Hasbro in '66, but using modern gear and acessories.

As you can see, I created my own timeline for GI Joe and his son and grandson, adding Falcon, the brazilian Joe, as Colton's son.

JOE IS A NEW MAN

I needed a new body for this because the old/classic ones have very large feet that wouldnt fit in almost all modern boots, besided it would be cool to have more points of articulations. That being said, I picked this one from Art Figures (SWAT).

The head came from a 40th Anniversary Action Man. I like the head sculpt a lot, its better than those from Hasbro (40th anniversary). I am considering doing a swap for a Masterpiece head if I found one for a reasonable price.

The neck came from a BBI figure. Brownboots helped me here. https://actionmanmobileops.forumotion.co.uk/t5201p15-help-assembling-a-kitbash-with-a-40th-am-hands-boots

JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Am1010

THE GEAR

Another straight option. I picked this Special Forces kit from BRAToys. I dont know if I am allowed to discuss where or how much I paid for it. If it is permited, I will update the post with more info, if not, PM me and I will tell you.

JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Kit11

THE HERO

The bash is NOT complete. I still need 1) fix the head in the body, 2) buy the m4, 3) buy the G19 pistol and 4) get his comm. But here is what I have so far. I am posting because some friends here told me to go ahead and show the figure already. Smile

JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Dsc03610
JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Gb210
JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Gb310
JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Action10
JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Gb110

The Coltons, Joe Colton II and Joe Colton III, father and son.
JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Colton10
JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Colton11
Back to top Go down
http://kryptonauta.blogspot.com
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 8:03 pm

Love the story of the Colton family! cheers
Fantastic pics and great looking figures Falcon! cheers

Australian Jungle Fighter
Hawkeye

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 8:13 pm

Very nicely done mate the family history is a great add fantastic bloodline and great kitbash and bodybash cheers cheers cheers

Ian

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:43 pm

Thanks a lot. Very Happy you both made me post it here. And sorry if I misspelled something!
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Double post, sorry!

Last edited by Falcon on Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 10:19 pm

Terrific!, keep up the great work cheers
Back to top Go down
Rossini
Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 11:38 pm

Fantastic work!!!

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 12:21 am

Thank you all! Smile

Last edited by Falcon on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gibri
Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 2:18 am

Excellent work!!!

I greatly enjoyed the story of the Colton family and the figure updated with modern gear.

Thanks for posting,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
pachwerk
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 3:55 am

Very nicely done! I'll have to break out my Joseph Colton stars figure and re-body him from the Hall of Fame body.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 5:59 pm

Thank you both, Brian and Richard!
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 8:13 pm

falcon tell me do the fingers on joseph colton III flex and how much you paid for him bounce

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 1:13 am

Hey, man! Yes, he has bendy fingers! I paid 12usd for it. It was a very nice price. If it is permited I can post here where i got it (us seller). If not, i will pm you.
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 11:55 am

Awesome kitbash great work well done Very Happy

Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 1:27 pm

Your Colton family looks great!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 2:02 pm

post it here nobody will object i'm sure Smile

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 5:25 pm

Thank you all. I am considering changing the body too as I noticed that his hips are a bit too wide... Right now I cannot close the pants over both shirts, just one. There are some generic 1/6 bodies from China that can be a good replacement in time. Its a matter to see if the neck post will fit there.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 5:36 pm

blueboxier wrote:
post it here nobody will object i'm sure Smile

Haha OK!

Here it goes. I got the body from this store:
http://www.toyanxiety.com/
It was 12usd. Go under ART FIGURES, mine was taken from SWAT figure (minus the head). Bendy hands.

The gear I got from cotswold but they are for sale on bigbadtoystore.com too.
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=BRT10001&mode=retail

cheers
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 9:17 am

they have a whole lot of eye candy i could spend hours on those 2 sites falcon Very Happy

Falcon

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 11:01 pm

blueboxier wrote:
they have a whole lot of eye candy i could spend hours on those 2 sites falcon Very Happy

Indeed! And keep in mind that the boots were from another company, DAM Toys. I got them here www.monkeydepot.com
That one is a really dangerous place. lol They have lots of modern day, loose equipment for very good prices!
Back to top Go down
Teckno Viking
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Teckno Viking

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 10:31 am

Great New lease of life on the Joe and great new kit to boot.
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Still kicking   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:25 pm

Hey, guys. This project is still alive and kicking. Some time ago I decided drop the art figures body. The main reason so far is his great... uh... butt. It dont let me fit the clothes right. The size of the figure bothered me too, he stands too tall compared to my other Falcons.

JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) 310

So I first tried fit the clothes in a 40th Joe and keep the old boots. It looked fine.

JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) 210

But to be honest I decided to drop that too. The main reason is because I like the masterpiece heads a lot so I was trying to get one. I also found a nice pair of boots on ebay that looks like the one I used originally, but with no laces, all plastic, just like the old boots were made.

So far I am thinking about getting a gearbox body but I fear the boots wont fit. I asked the seller months ago and if I recall correctly he told me the boots are 5cm long. The art figures feet are 3,5cm. A friend sent me come pics showing that cotswold feet (the same from gearbox afaik) are 4,5cm, so I really dont know if they will fit.

Though?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:41 pm

Excellent mate! cheers
Back to top Go down
clivvers
HOME OFFICE MINISTER
clivvers

Location : Between here and saving another MAM again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 2:52 pm

The Joe Masterpiece heads are the best you can get, you can't go wrong with them. I class Masterpiece head sculpts as brand new vintage, I love them, they are more than perfect replacements for ruined/trashed vintage Joe heads Very Happy

Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 3:02 pm

clivvers wrote:
The Joe Masterpiece heads are the best you can get, you can't go wrong with them. I class Masterpiece head sculpts as brand new vintage, I love them, they are more than perfect replacements for ruined/trashed vintage Joe heads Very Happy

@blonde, thanks!

@clivvers, yeah. I have compared all these reissues (40th Joe, 40th AM, cotswold etc) and Masterpiece is truly a a masterpiece. I like their sculp A LOT. I sound vintage and more authentic to classic Joes than any of these (although I like 40th AM a lot too). I think the kitbash will really works great with a Masterpiece head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)   JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JOSEPH COLTON III - MODERN DAY GREEN BERET (WORK IN PROGRESS!)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next