ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Para Recce Airportable (WIP)

Go down 
+12
TALLY HO
pachwerk
Glidah Drivah
gibri
Wolf_Soldier64
thierry
somekindajoe
inntruderr61
blueboxier
Captian action
BAMComix
ak615
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

Location : Off the shoulder of orion in the dark near the tanhauser gate

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Empty
PostSubject: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Been toying with this for a while decided to make an effort on it this week.

the donor vehicle

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3932_zps72lrxqp9

the original wheels always looked small to me so i picked up some 21st jeep wheels from a seller in the far east

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3933_zpsb7sndqh9

the other problem is the palitoy version is too narrow tracked with the new wheels not a problem in fact I had to shorten the front axle and shorten the rear stubs to make these fit

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3935_zpscuvkj3d2

quite a difference raises the vehicle approx 15mm

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3934_zpssbpqsw4z

next up fashioned some sides from plasticard this is my first foray usind plasticard on vehicles and I like it

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3945_zpsiqr9rq8k

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3944_zpsbndyb8zj

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3943_zpszcefhzft

A sneak peek of where I`m going with this

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3941_zpspvn1zek0

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3942_zpsaxgyy5tv

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Superb Andy!, it is coming along nicely!, The wheels look terrific!, a vast improvement indeed. I am looking forward to future uploads mate bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
Captian action
Captian action

Location : Kent, The Lorry Park of England ! Some call it the garden of England , it is ,if your garden is covered in wheelie bins and dog doo !

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 1:21 pm

great stuff andy !

Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heavenPara Recce Airportable (WIP) G.I.-Joe-1964-Lineup-Title_zpsaepa6syh Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 1:47 pm

andy in pic 7 i thought you had started to put some cammo on it , it looks good so far keep it up mate

inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 3:52 pm

Looking good Andy! cheers

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 5:56 pm

Great job looks brilliant
Back to top Go down
somekindajoe
French Resistance
somekindajoe

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 6:08 pm

Looking good so Far Andy!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
Back to top Go down
thierry
Sabotage
thierry

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 7:40 pm

very nice work! affraid
Back to top Go down
Wolf_Soldier64
Wolf_Soldier64

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 9:05 pm

Andy great work looking superb well done Very Happy

Action Pilot
ak615

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks for the comments chaps, did a little more today made the upper tailgate and some detailing.Haven`t figured out how join the two halves of the tailgate yet Sad

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3946_zpsnxbdgwrd

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Looking good andy cheers , have you considered joining the tail gate halves with a plastic support on the inside of the tail gate?
Back to top Go down
ak615
Action Pilot
ak615

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 4:47 pm

yes I have Dal I`m trying not to end up with it looking to thick maybe a series of runners will do failing that I can make the whole thing out of plasticard Very Happy

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 4:56 pm

Excellent work, Andy!!! Sorry I missed this earlier. I really like what you have done raising up the bed back and sides.

It's difficult for me to see what you are trying to do to join the two halves of the tail gate together. Glue strips to both of them? or another sheet of plastic to the inside? put mini hinges on them so they fold???

Love where you're going with this and looking forward to more progress pics.

Looks excellent!!!

...erm, clever idea mounting those guages on the tail gate... geek

and for heaven's sake, get that man a new hand! flower

Oh yeah, and, I love the look of those new tyres too. Look very period authentic to me. Do you know where they came from originally?

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 5:09 pm

Nice work Andy! Very Happy

Action Pilot
ak615

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 5:25 pm

gibri wrote:

Oh yeah, and, I love the look of those new tyres too. Look very period authentic to me. Do you know where they came from originally?

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers

either 21st century or sotw jeep Brian

Action Pilot
ak615

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 5:31 pm

The airportable Landrover was designed so that the sides top tail gate and doors were all easily removable so that they could be transported by helicopter or Beverly aircraft however by the time they were introduced more powerful helicopters and the hercules were in service negating the requirement,obviously palitoy took the stripped down version because it saves on plastic Very Happy

Admin
gibri

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 5:38 pm

ak615 wrote:
gibri wrote:

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers

21C then. It's the only jeep variant I didn't manage to get. I think they were the only ones to make that rounded edge on the tyres that you see in old photos.

Thanks Andy,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:04 pm

gibri wrote:
ak615 wrote:
gibri wrote:

Thanks,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers

21C then. It's the only jeep variant I didn't manage to get. I think they were the only ones to make that rounded edge on the tyres that you see in old photos.

Thanks Andy,
Brian
cheers cheers cheers

Here's a few pics of my 21st jeep. You can see a few angles of the tires.

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) NewBedford4_zpsce0720b2
Para Recce Airportable (WIP) NewBedford1_zps9cc28a3e

Great looking Land Rover!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:05 pm

That is a terrific jeep Nate!, very envious Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Glidah Drivah
Red Devil
Glidah Drivah

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:07 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:

When we moved the missus said I could keep either the jeep or the Hasbro 40mm AA gun. Think I made the right choice!

-Nate
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2015 6:08 pm

Glidah Drivah wrote:
Blondeactionman wrote:

When we moved the missus said I could keep either the jeep  or the Hasbro 40mm AA gun. Think I made the right choice!

-Nate

lol! lol! lol! I agree!
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 11:56 am

[quoteHaven`t figured out how join the two halves of the tailgate yet [/quote] keenly waiting to see what solution you come up with

Action Pilot
ak615

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:16 pm

done a bit more new bumperettes

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3957_zpshqxo8jms

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3956_zpskfknol2b

Para Recce Airportable (WIP) DSCF3958_zps6cphvwza

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:18 pm

Great work Andy! cheers
Back to top Go down
pachwerk
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:34 pm

Super! Looking forward to seeing the progression to finish. This is what keeps this hobby so special.

Richard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Para Recce Airportable (WIP)   Para Recce Airportable (WIP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Para Recce Airportable (WIP)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next