ActionManMobileOperations (AMMO)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AMMO: The home of all 1/6 scale action figures!

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[INFO] VAM blue pants

Go down 
+5
Sparkys6887
blueboxier
pachwerk
BAMComix
Falcon
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Falcon
Painted Head (Hard Hands)
Falcon

[INFO] VAM blue pants Empty
PostSubject: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 11:47 am

Hi all,

I guess this is the right place to ask this. Well, I know for sometime that AM had a "blue pants" body wich was almost like the muscle body from AT. BUT! Just yesterday I realesed that most of them on ebay are dated from '78, that means they were released AFTER muscle body. I always tough they were a transitional body released by Palitoys and later replaced by Hasbro's muscle one but that seems to be NOT the case at all!

I'd like to hear some input about this please and also comparatives (if possible) and opinions about this body. It seems to have more points of articulations than muscle body, no?
Back to top Go down
http://kryptonauta.blogspot.com
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 11:58 am

You are quite right, the Joe muscle bodies were Joe's last release before they came to an end. Meanwhile here i the U.K, action man changed from the 64 body type to a blue pants muscle body (Dynamic body). However, there are many differences between JOe mb and Action Man MB. In my opinion, the Action Man version is a better figure. It is made of a much stronger construction, first and foremost, the am bp is not held together by elastic, instead, they have connectors that hold the arms in place. The legs are also made in a similar way, making them a much better construction. Axtion Man hands (Grippers) are also of a different design. I hope this helps cheers
Back to top Go down
pachwerk
Flock Head (Hard Hands)
pachwerk

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 12:00 pm

Here is a good reference point for you.

http://www.actionmanhq.co.uk/frameset/frameset.html

Richard
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Thank you both. So this body is NOT binded by elastic but conectors? Not a single one?
If I got this right, they are much more stronger than I though... If I got one from ebay whats the odds of loose limbs or anything?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 12:10 pm

Loose limbs can be a problem with them as the parts wear down inside. However, this can be easily repaired using plumbers tape (which when wound around the joint disappears into the joint) leaving a nice tight figure. I must correct my previous post, the only elastic part is where the head cone connects to the body, but again if this snaps it is a very easy repair cheers
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 12:13 pm

Haha its ok, I can deal with just one elastic joint and the cone is easy to fix. My problem (as you could see in my previous FALCON post) is fix the body, I have no skillZ for that. Razz

But I am impressed now. I always wanted a blue pants but more for curiosity than anything, as a collector. Now I really want one. Smile
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 12:23 pm

I could probably help you get one from UK ebay if that would help, I could (If you wish) tighten any loose joints for you free of charge, before posting it on to you, as long as you are willing to cover the costs.
Back to top Go down
blueboxier
Arctic Explorer
blueboxier

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 12:38 pm

just to confuse things more i have a white pants fig which i posted pics of somewhere , and was asked where it came from i didnt know but somebody else said was the A.M. james bond range . thinking back he did come with the pilots outfit still need the cap for

Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 12:43 pm

I have heard that too Jim. The James Bond series being part of the mam guys. My son has several of the James Bond Mam and all they have white pants cheers . Hope this helps Jim!
Back to top Go down
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Thabk you very much for your offer, man! I will certainly consider it!
Id like to know if these figures are a bit more taller than old joes or AT muscle body amd whats the size of their feet?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 7:17 pm

Falcon wrote:
Thabk you very much for your offer, man! I will certainly consider it!
Id like to know if these figures are a bit more taller than old joes or AT muscle body amd whats the size of their feet?

No problem mate, happy to help if I can cheers
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 8:41 pm

Hi Falcon.

Action Man Tom Stone and Bullet man are the same as muscle body joe's. They break in the same way. The repair whilst fiddly is fairly easy.

[INFO] VAM blue pants 20150117_162051_zps0aaaae8e
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 9:57 pm

Hey Spark, sorry but what you mean? I know they both have the same same body from AT. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sparkys6887
Arctic Explorer
Sparkys6887

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:50 pm

There is an easy repair for the AT muscle body figures using elastic. I just wondered if you have come across it?

All the best

Mark
Back to top Go down
http://www.creativecounselling.net
Falcon
Falcon

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2015 10:52 pm

Ah I am not that skilled.. My friend fixed my figured. Haha
Back to top Go down
thierry
Sabotage
thierry

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 10:24 am

Sparkys6887 wrote:
Hi Falcon.

Action Man Tom Stone and Bullet man are the same as muscle body joe's. They break in the same way. The repair whilst fiddly is fairly easy.

[INFO] VAM blue pants 20150117_162051_zps0aaaae8e

aH TOM STONES.....Must figure in action man group !!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 11:08 am

I agree Thierry! Tom is a terrific figure cheers

[INFO] VAM blue pants BeFunky_IMG_5911jpg_zpsbf3e7918
Back to top Go down
thierry
Sabotage
thierry

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 12:40 pm

Blondeactionman wrote:
I agree Thierry! Tom is a terrific figure  cheers

[INFO] VAM blue pants BeFunky_IMG_5911jpg_zpsbf3e7918

OUFFFFFF......Very nice my friend!!!!!!!!!

Do you know a different version of TON STONES?

-AM version
-ATEAM
-GEYPERMAN
-Group action joe......Is it others models?
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 12:55 pm

I have 3 other AA Figures an AT Commander (Repro), a Land adventurer (Repro) and a AA MB figure (Vintahe) , all Joes

[INFO] VAM blue pants BeFunky_IMG_6015jpg_zps930d3345

[INFO] VAM blue pants BeFunky_BeFunky_IMG_6019jpg_zps82fec231

[INFO] VAM blue pants BeFunky_IMG_6012jpg_zpsb6ec68f1
Back to top Go down
thierry
Sabotage
thierry

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:12 pm

many thanks for information ....Dearest Admin!!!!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 1:50 pm

thierry wrote:
many thanks for information ....Dearest Admin!!!!!!!!!! lol!

You are more than welcome my friend cheers
Back to top Go down
Reddragon
SCRAMBLE PILOT
Reddragon

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 2:25 pm

This is a repro (cots) figure, nice figure well made imo, he was my stand in Tom Stone until i got the real thing Very Happy

[INFO] VAM blue pants A384411e-9781-4242-9b2d-a3c8f3c93e70

BAMComix
Admin
BAMComix

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 3:39 pm

Superb figure Richard, and awesome bash! cheers
Back to top Go down
inntruderr61
inntruderr61

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 4:08 pm

He looks great! cheers

Red Devil
Rossini

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2015 4:10 pm

I'm also fond of the Cotswold Tom figures, meet uncle Tom  [INFO] VAM blue pants DSC07684_zps73dcc7c4

PostSubject: Re: [INFO] VAM blue pants   [INFO] VAM blue pants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[INFO] VAM blue pants
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next