Vintage Action Man, Action Team, G. I. Joe, Geyper Man, Group Action Joe, 1/6 figures

HomeHome  Ammo BriefingAmmo Briefing  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Vintage Argos catalogues.. Plus hidden UK Nuclear Bunkers..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Argos catalogues.. Plus hidden UK Nuclear Bunkers..   Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:09 am

I found this photo on one of my old 'The Sky At Night' discs. It appears to be some of the 1960's/1970's Apollo astronauts having breakfast, but there's something a bit odd about the chap (waiter?) sitting in the corner. Can anyone shed some light on this please, who is he? bounce

I've got quite a few other space related photos (stacks of discs), including some images of the astronauts on the Moon, plus other colourful (hi res) images of many space locations, they're beauties Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Ulsterman
Painted Head

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Argos catalogues.. Plus hidden UK Nuclear Bunkers..   Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:29 am

Clive, Whilst i can't throw any light on this image, i have to say....that gorilla seems to be looking directly into the camera lens!! affraid

I did find this though, http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a12/ap12-KSC-69P-835.jpg

From this site:  http://www.apollohoax.net/forum/index.php?topic=101.0

Neil.

clivvers
BULLET MAN

Location : Between here and saving the universe again! "That's one small step for a MAM, one giant leap for MAMkind"

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Argos catalogues.. Plus hidden UK Nuclear Bunkers..   Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:13 pm

Thanks for the links, Neil, most intresting.

It says on the second link that it's a stuffed gorilla, it must be some kind of mascot to them?

It's so sad to read about all those test monkeys, dogs and other small furries that got wasted in the space program, the poor blighters Sad

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vintage Argos catalogues.. Plus hidden UK Nuclear Bunkers..   

Back to top Go down

Vintage Argos catalogues.. Plus hidden UK Nuclear Bunkers..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2